Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Home screen

Solved!

Home screen

I've been a premium user for a while now, but there is one thing that is very annoying to me the more I think about it.

The home screen, which is what shows up every time I start up spotify. It's so full of stuff that I just don't want to see. Is there really no way to change home screen or customize what I want to see on there?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hello all, 

here is the idea you're searching for. This one is for mobile devices. You can add your votes and comments in support there : ) 

You can read more about how the ideas are managed in the community on the links below

[Ideas FAQs] | How your feedback reaches Spotify

MartinStoichkovSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

15 Replies

Hi there @babyben !

Unfortunately the home screen is not customizable. You an suggest this as an idea in the ideas board tho. And if it catches enough attention, it may added as a feature to the app in the future. Hope this helps 🙂

Wellll gave it a try but couldn't even figure out how to do that. I'd be surprised if I was the first one to suggests customizable home screen anyway.

This is just something spotify should do regardless. I mean, I'm paying to NOT get advertisement thrown at me, yet there it is on the home screen every time I start the program anyway. If it was even slightly related stuff to what I listen to it might have been acceptable but this is just clearly so far off from what I listen to that it is just annoying me to the point I will probably just stop paying for premium.

Or just remember the last screen where it left off.

I find this to be annoying as well!
As Premium users we should have the option of customizing the PC Desktop app home page.
Showing artists that are not related to the user is just stupid and it makes the app slow to start.

Please change this!!!!

@babyben  schrieb:

Wellll gave it a try but couldn't even figure out how to do that. I'd be surprised if I was the first one to suggests customizable home screen anyway.

This is just something spotify should do regardless. I mean, I'm paying to NOT get advertisement thrown at me, yet there it is on the home screen every time I start the program anyway. If it was even slightly related stuff to what I listen to it might have been acceptable but this is just clearly so far off from what I listen to that it is just annoying me to the point I will probably just stop paying for premium.

Hey!

As a Premium user, you can decide if you want to see announcements (advertisement) on the home screen. Just go to "Settings" > "Display Options" > "Show announcements about new releases" and deactivate the feature.

I've attached a screenshot of it below.

Hope this helps, let me know.

Felix

spotify community.png

@ListenToGlobal wrote:

Hey!

As a Premium user, you can decide if you want to see announcements (advertisement) on the home screen. Just go to "Settings" > "Display Options" > "Show announcements about new releases" and deactivate the feature.

I've attached a screenshot of it below.

Hope this helps, let me know.

Felix

Yeah that's not what I'm talking about though.

At the top of home screen there is always some random playlists of stuff that 9/10 times I am not into or care to see. Todays "theme" is  "have a nice evening!".

This is what I'm talking about:

Screenshot_30.png

Ah, okay, gotcha.

I think as you scroll down on the Home page, there are more personalized playlists, songs and artists. Also, if you go to "Browse" > "Discover" there are tons of songs and albums from artists you listened to or artists that are similar to artists you listened to.

I know that your point is that those things don't show up right at the top of the Home page, yet I hope I could help you.

Happy listening. 🙂

Felix

Marked as solution

Hello all, 

here is the idea you're searching for. This one is for mobile devices. You can add your votes and comments in support there : ) 

You can read more about how the ideas are managed in the community on the links below

[Ideas FAQs] | How your feedback reaches Spotify

MartinStoichkovSpotify Star
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

"Not right now."

#Spotify

I have s similar issue. I once listened to the live version of a song that turned out to be a bad performance. NOW, right after "Good Morning" at the top of my PC web player home page, I see recently viewed playlists along with -- you guessed it -- a permalink to that horrible live performance that I DON'T WANT TO HEAR EVER AGAIN. When I right-click I have numerous options: Add to queue, add to playlist,  add to your library, share. BUT there is no option to simply REMOVE this perpetual link to an album I hated. I heard about 2 minutes of this dreadful song, and have since listened to hundreds of songs, yet somehow, this link continues to appear at the top of my page. WHY SPOTIFY WHY? It's not an ad, it's not anything I liked, it's not in any playlist, I **bleep** HATE IT, yet there is no way to simply remove it. This is EXTREMELY ANNOYING and it's something you can fix in five seconds by including a "dislike" or "never see this suggestion" shortcut option.

By the way, right after that I see "Attitude Era" Wrestling Stories. I have never, not even once, shown any interest in wrestling. I totally understand the need to show advertising, but something is very wrong with your algorithm!

You've built this amazing product and I listen to all the ads in order to get the benefits of the service so I am helping the company serve its advertisers. Even subscribers have this problem and Spotify you know that people find this incredibly annoying. Fix it already. If there is actually a solution then I'm ready to try it. Thanks.

Hey there @99cleanup99

Thanks for reaching out to the Community, and welcome 🙂

We totally understand where you're coming from and appreciate you taking the time to share your comments with us. 

This is something that I would personally like to see too, so I'd recommend adding your +VOTE to this idea. Keep in mind that it's status doesn't mean it won't be implemented, as the teams in charge are always checking on these.

Once again, thanks for the feedback. We'll make sure to pass it on to the right folks, as we always strive to improve your experience. 

Don't hesitate to let us know if anything else comes up.

Cheers.

NovyModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Thank you for the suggestion. I did add a thumbs up to the idea. Most of us
feel that removing unwanted content will add to engagement and make the ads
more effective. That's a win-win improvement.

Cheers bullcrap I will cancel my premium.

Out of interest, how many votes is 'a lot'?
This so called 'idea' has 4.5 thousand thus far.
(it's not an 'idea' it is a significant design flaw at best, a bug at worst)

This is a really, really poor user experience.

Listen to your users, or they will leave and take their money with them.
This is our app. We pay for it. We keep the lights on.
Other streaming services are available.

Hi there folks,

Thank you for your replies and feedback,

We understand that things can feel frustrating when things don't work as you'd like them to. Rest assured that we're always trying to improve as we always strive to improve our features.

The Not right now status comes after the idea has reached the correct teams and for transparency we've put that status. It's not impossible to get it in the future, but we cannot make any promises.

You can read more about how your feedback and ideas reaches Spotify here.

We hope for your understanding and that you continue using Spotify and find it gets better in the future.

Once again - thanks for the feedback, we appreciate it. Let us know if we can help you with anything else. 

Take care!

JeremyModerator
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

Suggested posts