How do I completely uninstall spotify?

Solved!

Re: How do I completely uninstall spotify?

HL2006

It doesn't work

Re: Howi do I completely uninstall spotify?

user-removed
Not applicable

But it ain't showing any dialog box for uninstalling. When I click on uninstall in the control panel, it just loads for 2 seconds and then nothing. Please tell me what to do?

corallaroc
Regular

THIS DOESN'T WORK

Solution!

Koopzington

Delete %APPDATA%\Spotify

I also deleted AppData\Local\Spotify for good measure.

Download the Installer from Website and install again.

Worked for me on Windows 10 (1703 aka Creators Update)

Build: 15063.296

View solution in original post

Solution!

BrandonStanton
Casual Listener

Hey, just went through the same issue as you- hopefully this will help anyone else looking to uninstall the desktop version of Spotify, on Windows.

First of all- if you use the control panel to try and uninstall it, and it doesn't go away, it might be the 'webHelper' application holding you back. You can use the Task Manager on your computer to end this background application, by using Ctrl+Alt+Del on your keyboard, and scroll down until you see 'SpotifyWebHelper' application- select it, end the task- and proceed to uninstall Spotify. 

If the above doesn't work, try this alternatively:

>>> First- go into the folder where Spotify is installed- usually this is: C:\Users\<user>\AppData(This is a hidden folder)\Roaming\Spotify

>>> Delete all the files there, (if you haven't stopped the webHelper application, it won't allow you to delete the webHelper file, just follow the instructions above!)

>>> Proceed with the uninstall steps as usual- it will say something along the lines of "This program has already been uninstalled, do you want to remove it from your Programs and Applications list?" Click yes, and it should be gone for good.

Hopefully this helps anyone who has gone through the same frustrations as me.

Cheers,

B

View solution in original post

Re: Howi do I completely uninstall spotify?

BrandonStanton
Casual Listener

Same thing happened for me- look below at my answer, see if it works for you.

corallaroc
Regular
Yep this worked for me, thanks.

billhuffsr66
Regular

i went to programs and features but it will not unistall even there. i removed it from the registry alsobut wheni start the laptop it still popsup onstartup every time !

billhuffsr66
Regular

this did not work. I took it out of programs and features, went to the regedit and removed it from the registry completely, and yet when i start windows , it still pops up and loads. it is  hif=ding in there somewhere and is not gone ,but i cant find it anywhere.

bacontaerte

I have tried everything, and tried to follow all the steps from above, yet my spotify still wont be removed? what do i do?

I click "uninstall" and all that stuff comes up and i click "yes" and it just loads and stops. it doesnt remove it and i have no idea how to remove it then... I want to remove it, because my spotify has been offline for weeks even though i have full internet connection and maybe by uninstalling it and then reinstalling it again helps, but i dont know... I have also tried to make a new account but it wont sign in at all from the app on my computer, only the one on my phone.

I dont know if i make much sense, i just want it to uninstall but i dont know how.

SUGGESTED POSTS