Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Incorrect Connected Devices Listed

Incorrect Connected Devices Listed

Previously when I used Spotify Connect I would see devices on my local network. If I'm home, I see devices on that network and if I'm at work, I see devices on that network. Recently, the only devices I see are devices from my home network and only a subset of those devices. Currently I'm at work and I see several Echos and my home receiver which are not on my current local network. I do not see the Sonos Play 1 that is on my work network and was able to connect to previously.

How do I correct this?

3 Replies

Hey @jayheavner.

What Windows and Spotify version are you using? Also, have you tried reinstalling the Spotify app to see if it helps?

You might see the devices back at home if you left your Spotify account open there.

Let me know how it goes.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”
― Maria Augusta von Trapp

I'm using a lot of different devices with several operating systems. I have Spotify installed on 4 to 6 computers, in addition to whatever the rest of my family has, and I'm probably running it on the same number of IOS/Android devices.

Yes, I have uninstalled and reinstalled Spotify on my work computer. It didn't change anything. What's unusual about my home devices is that I probably have 12 or more Connect-enabled devices but when I'm at work I always, and only, see the same 3. Two echos and one receiver.

I understand.

In this case, make sure the devices at work are on the same network as your PC, if there was a recent change on the network, they could be using a different internet connection which is why you can't see them anymore.

You can also try to reset the speakers at work to see if it helps.

As a last resource, you can use the speakers via Bluetooth if they're compatible.

All the best.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”
― Maria Augusta von Trapp

Suggested posts