Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Solved!

I run the Desktop app on windows 10. When I want to connect via the "Log in with Facebook" button nothing happens. Even if I click the button 10 times, it still does not work. The animation loads, it shows me that the button is being clicked on, but it doesn't work.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey,

If you can, try login on your account on the web and creating a password for your account (Account Overview > Set a password for your devices). It will be associated with a technical Spotify login (only numbers). Then you can use this login / password to log in on Win 10 desktop app.

Just worked for me and I'm finally no more facebook-dependant to log into Spotify ! yay!

Cheers,

L

View solution in original post

9 Replies

I am having the exact same issue 

I am having the exact same issue 😕

I have the same problem 😕 Have tried to download it again from windows store and spotify.com, but it doesn't work. 

Same problem here.

Using Alt+Tab show me the facebook windows but I still can't open it

I am having same issue, it seems to be linked to error 4, which is an offline error. I can't use Facebook login OR regular login, can't access Spotify on my desktop at all now, fine on my phone though.

Marked as solution

Hey,

If you can, try login on your account on the web and creating a password for your account (Account Overview > Set a password for your devices). It will be associated with a technical Spotify login (only numbers). Then you can use this login / password to log in on Win 10 desktop app.

Just worked for me and I'm finally no more facebook-dependant to log into Spotify ! yay!

Cheers,

L

Issue seems to be resolved and it was in two parts. It seems due to an update at work something was preventing me logging in. When that was solved I still got offline error. I went into advanced settings and turned off proxy auto detect. That seemed to work for me. 

Dear all,

still the same problem with login via facebook button....

Pressing the button w/o any response... Checked firewall settings, pop-up blocker etc...

But nothing happens...

Any further idea?

Regards,

Peter

I solved this by doing two things: first I checked the spotify-app on facebook, and it lacked approval for something, so I allowed it to share log in or something (dont remember exactly). But it still didnt work, så then I changed for a minute windows edge as main browser, then I logged in to facebook on edge, then I tried "log in via facebook" on spotify, and then it worked 😊 Then I changed the main browser back to chrome. (sorry if I dont remember what everything is called- did this in norwegian).

😊

Suggested posts