Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Rapid Song Skipping

Rapid Song Skipping

Desktop (Windows/Chrome) and Android app.  Issue started within the last day or so.

When listening Discover Weekly, the player rapidly jumps through the list without playing the songs.

When trying to play a song outside of a list, it randomly stops playing.

Spotify is literally unusable right now.

3 Replies

Hey @threecy,

Thanks for posting in the Community and welcome.

In this case, we'd like to gather some additional info. Can you let us know the exact make/model and OS of your affected devices along with the Spotify version you are running in both of them? 

On another note, have you tried reinstalling the app on your devices to check if you notice any difference? If you haven't yet, you can follow the steps in this article.

Lastly, if the above doesn't do the trick, is this happening over WiFi? 3G/4G? Ethernet? All of them? Do you notice any difference if you switch the internet connection you're using? You can create, if possible, a hotspot from your phone. Give it a try and let us know how it goes.

Keep us in the loop!

AlejaRModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

No app to reinstall, as I'm accessing it within Google Chrome (using Microsoft Windows).  Issue continues to this day.  About to go two weeks without being able to listen to Discover Weekly.

If I attempt to play a song on its own (rather than in a playlist), it plays for a few seconds, then the audio stops (but the progress bar shows it still progressing).

This is a paid account, not the free/ad version.

Hey there @threecy

Thanks for getting back to us. 

Just to confirm, is this only happening on the web player? We'd also like to know if this only happens with the Discover weekly playlist. 

If so, would you mind giving a different internet connection a go to see if the same happens? 

On another note, if you're using any VPNs we suggest that you turn it off while using the app since it can affect its performance.

We'll be on the lookout. 

EniModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

Suggested posts