Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Songs randomly skipping

Songs randomly skipping

So I've been using Spotify for a while (despite never using the community portion of it but I guess I'll have to now) and I've noticed a strange glitch on the web player. Certain songs are not working and are just skipped entirely, an example being: I'll press play and it will then immediately skip to the next song and no matter how much I reload the page or restart my computer it keeps happening. It's not happening with all the songs but only seems to be affecting a few, the only ones this has happened to with my knowledge are Walk This Way by Aerosmith off of the original Toys In The Attic album, it works perfectly fine if its off one of the "best of" remastered version. And also with Motorway To Roswell by The Pixies off of their Trompe Le Monde album. I really do not know what to do about and don't know why it's even happening, I listened to those same songs in the past and they've worked perfectly fine but now the web player just skips them automatically. If anyone has any solutions to my problem I'd be really grateful, thanks.

4 Replies

Hey there, @Sled_Deddson

Thanks for coming to the Spotify Community 🙂

Can you try the below steps for us, and let us know if they help out?

> Restart your device
> Clear your browser's cache/cookies
> Try in a different browser
> Make sure you're browser's up-to-date

We'll be here, so keep us posted!
Thanks,

/M

Hi Melody, sorry it took so long to respond to you. I tried out what you told me to do and none of it worked, I tried restarting, clearing the cache and cookies and trying a different browser with the cache and cookies cleared again and it still didn't work. I'd also like to let you now it's not just my computer, I've tried other PC's and they've all had the same problems with the exact same songs. Thanks for help anyway.

Hi again @Sled_Deddson,

Thanks for trying Melody’s suggestions above.

To check, what browsers have you tried and do they require any updates themselves?

It’s interesting to know that it happens on other devices that you’ve tried. Does this also happen when logged in to another account (a friend or family members’)?

To check, do you have any Local Files? If so, are they also of the songs that you specifically mention to have issues with when trying to play?

We’d also like to know if you have the app installed on those devices that you’ve tried. We’d recommend listening to music from there if possible as it’s much more of an experience.

Keep us posted!

Hi Jack just to answer a few of your questions.

1. I've tried using Google chrome and Firefox both fully updated

2. I haven't tried on a friends or a family members account but I'll try it

3. I wouldn't know of any local files that would affect Spotify that way

4. I don't have the app on the PC's. I mainly use the web player. But I do have the app on my phone and motorway to roswell does work on it but I  don't  know about walk this way.

Hopefully this info helps

Suggested posts