Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Desktop (Windows)

Discuss Spotify for Windows

Start a topic

Forum Posts

Desktop: Jam now available

Spotify is bringing Jam to the desktop app! 拾 ️ Now you can start or join a listening party with your friends, family, colleagues, and classmates, with the Spotify desktop app in addition to the mobile app. Although you can listen on your own, Jam in...

Start Jam Menu - Desktop App.png Queue Right Sidebar.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • pastasås
  • Casual Listener
  • 66 replies
  • 23 likes
  • 66 replies
  • 23 likes

Desktop: New "Now Playing View" sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new "Now Playing View" sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player to go along with the recently released "Your Library" sidebar. Together, the individually customizable design of these new views provides a richer experience, m...

• Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • tunaman_jim
  • Gig Goer
  • 249 replies
  • 21 likes
  • 249 replies
  • 21 likes

New Your Library sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new Your Library sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player. The new Your Library sidebar is rolling out to all desktop users now, so you will be seeing it soon if you haven't already. The new Your Library sidebar improves nav...

Sidebar Tips.png Desktop Sidebar Compact View.png Compact Layout.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes

[Troubleshooting] Windows

Having trouble with the Spotify desktop app? Here’s a step-by-step guide to help get things working again. What to try first Perform a soft reset (generally rebooting the device will suffice). If that doesn’t help, try a clean reinstall. Be sure to l...

• Spotify Legend
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes
  • Mac
    Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes

I can't login with Facebook on the Spotify for Desktop

I can't log in with Facebook no matter how many times I click on the Facebook login button inside the spotify desktop version. I have removed the spotify from my facebook app options, reinstalled the app and I'm having this same bug.

• Regular
  •  I can't log in with Facebook no matter how many times I click on the Facebook  login button inside the spotify desktop version. I have removed the spotify from my facebook app options, rei...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

"This song is not available. If you have the file on your computer you can import it" 2018

Urgent! No music at my restaurant. I get this message now on a Premium account on every track that I try to play. Three hours earlier everything played ok. Now, three times later, nothing plays. What is going on?

• Casual Listener
  • Urgent! No music at my restaurant. I get this message now on a Premium account on every track that I try to play. Three hours earlier everything played ok. Now, three times later, nothing plays. What...
  • striketsi
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Another High CPU Thread

I've been struggling with a high CPU utilization issue using the Spotify application for quite some time. I'm running Windows 10 64-bit with the full installation of spotify. For some reason, every time I start the spotify application it will use a c...

• ...ninstalled Spotify Removed any local %appdata% folders (both roaming / local) Reinstalled full installation Disabled sidebar Not connected to facebook Turned off public playlists, "publish my activity o...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Rearranging Play on PC

After spotting a few forum topics asking for helping on rearranging tracklisting on PC, and finding those answers a little incompleteI thought I'd add this topic.....I am using Spotify Desktop App on Windows 10 and its 2018It looks like you can not s...

• After spotting a few forum topics asking for helping on rearranging tracklisting on PC, and finding those answers a little incomplete I thought I'd add this topic..... I am using Spotify Desktop Ap...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

"Import Playlist" Option in version 1.0.74.380 dissapeared

HiWhen i updated to this version i couldn't find this option anymore and i can't itunes playlist.Anybody knows what happened???

• Hi When i updated  to this version i couldn't find this option anymore and i can't itunes playlist. Anybody knows what happened???
  • joopoohudson
  • Casual Listener
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Local files are not scrobbling to last.fm

Scrobbling to last.fm for songs on Spotify works perfectly. My account is connected.last.fm displays the "Scrobbling now" on my profile while I play a local file, but the file isn't saved to my scrobble history. Please help.

• Roadie
  • Scrobbling to last.fm for songs on Spotify works perfectly. My account is connected. last.fm displays the "Scrobbling now" on my profile while I play a local file, but the file isn't saved to my scr...
  • hans-jürgen
  • Roadie
  • 2 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 3 likes

Spotify Windows UWP app sluggish flickering desktop

I'm noticing using the spotify windows 10 UWP app that my entire desktop screen will "flicker" while i hover the mouse over the focused spotify app. It's almost as if the screen has a desync with poor refresh.Also, the app seems to be sluggish if i d...

• I'm noticing using the spotify windows 10 UWP app that my entire desktop screen will "flicker" while i hover the mouse over the focused spotify app.  It's almost as if the screen has a desync&nb...
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes

Spotify Connect not working between Windows PC & Android Phone

Hi, I have Spotify on a Windows 10 PC and also on my Samsung Android phone. Both have the latest versions of Spotify. The 'Connect to a device' feature used to work just fine, but stopped working a few weeks ago. Both my phone and the PC don't show a...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi,   I have Spotify on a Windows 10 PC and also on my Samsung Android phone.   Both have the latest versions of Spotify. The 'Connect to a device' feature used to work just fine, but s...
  • movingtheground
  • 6 replies
  • 4 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 4 likes

Backup downloaded musics

Hi,I have some issues with my windows that pushed me to reinstall it and also I've downloaded 3,000 musics.As I have a limited plan I can't download all these stuff again ! Is there anyway to backup this library before I reinstall windows and after r...

• Hi, I have some issues with my windows that pushed me to reinstall it and also I've downloaded 3,000 musics. As I have a limited plan I can't download all these stuff again !  Is there anyway...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Certain songs are greyed out even though I have Premium

I am all paid up on spotify premium and there are songs on desktop that are greyed out and don't exist on mobile. For example the songs "lets move to the desert" and "seemed like the whole world was lost" are unplayable meanwhile the rest of the albu...

• I am all paid up on spotify premium and there are songs on desktop that are greyed out and don't exist on mobile. For example the songs "lets move to the desert" and "seemed like the whole world was ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

I can't see friend activities on other friends...

I can't see friend activities on other friends... this one had been working before, around 1 week ago. I need your help.

• Casual Listener
  • I can't see friend activities on other friends...   this one had been working before, around 1 week ago.   I need your help.
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

New Last.Fm Scrobbler

This new Last.Fm integration loses a very basic function, scrobbling of local/synced files. This is ridiculous. According to Last.Fm forums it is the Spotify API that doesn't allow it. Last.Fm is getting information because local/synced songs shows a...

• Music Fan
  • This new Last.Fm integration loses a very basic function, scrobbling of local/synced files.  This is ridiculous.  According to Last.Fm forums it is the Spotify API that doesn't allow it.&nb...
  • Go5go
  • Music Fan
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Can't save to a playlist

When I right click on a song and choose add to playlist, it does not display all of my lists. In fact, it shows only a handful. Thus, I end up having to save it on my iphone. What am I doing wrong on the desktop?Thanks

• Casual Listener
  • When I right click on a song and choose add to playlist, it does not display all of my lists. In fact, it shows only a handful. Thus, I end up having to save it on my iphone. What am I doing wrong on...
  • meahtenoha
  • Spotify
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! "This song is not available. If you have the file on your computer you can import it." error!

Hi! I have spotify premium, and installed spotify on my windows 10 computer. I have spotify on other units also and it works flawlessly. Now on win 10 computer, whenever I chose a song it says: "This song is not available. If you have the file on you...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi!   I have spotify premium, and installed spotify on my windows 10 computer. I have spotify on other units also and it works flawlessly. Now on win 10 computer, whenever I chose a song it sa...
  • tubesocs
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Downloading

If I had another music supplier, I'd be gone from Spotify. I'm sick of not being able to play songs "offline." Post say do this, do that, do this, do that. First one thing, then another. I downloaded my play list onto my desktop yesterday. Ethernet c...

• Regular
  • If I had another music supplier, I'd be gone from Spotify. I'm sick of not being able to play songs "offline." Post say do this, do that, do this, do that.  First one thing, then another. I down...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

I cannot see other people being online or what are they listening to.

I recently started to use spotify desktop just because it's so much better than the mobile one. But i ran into an issue quickly. I followed my friend and she followed me back but whenever she is online i cannot see that she is online nor what is she ...

• I recently started to use spotify desktop just because it's so much better than the mobile one. But i ran into an issue quickly. I followed my friend and she followed me back but whenever she is onli...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

why not save my links for social media?

Why not save links for social media like twitter or facebook?In section "About",in artist profile?

• Regular
  • Why not save links for social media like twitter or facebook?In section "About",in artist profile?
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Don't play this song / artist

I keep having the same issue with my premium account where I select "Don't play this song or this artist" and the song disappears from the list but then moments later it reappears. How do I stop this from happening every time I want to remove a song ...

• Casual Listener
  • I keep having the same issue with my premium account where I select "Don't play this song or this artist" and the song disappears from the list but then moments later it reappears.  How do I sto...
  • amischian03
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify repeats the queue on shuffle?

This is an issue i've seen in forums since 2012 and nothing has been done about it. The shuffle queue repeats itself over and over and over, and starts on the same point every time you restart your PC. It's maddening when your playlist is multiple ho...

•      This is an issue i've seen in forums since 2012 and nothing has been done about it. The shuffle queue repeats itself over and over and over, and starts on the same point every tim...
  • erithom
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Hello my spotify desktop keeps freezing on the premium commercial and some others

I really like Spotify and I listen a lot, the ads don't bother me, in fact I like hearing them because it introduces new music and things that are helpful. I am wondering why my spotify desktop freezes on premium advertisements. Some play and some do...

• Casual Listener
  • I really like Spotify and I listen a lot, the ads don't bother me, in fact I like hearing them because it introduces new music and things that are helpful. I am wondering why my spotify desktop freez...
  • Scarletrayven
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes