Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Disabled playing local files but app still plays from local files -- and refuses to stream original

Disabled playing local files but app still plays from local files -- and refuses to stream original

Premium, United States.

Windows 10 64 bit, desktop computer.

I initially had the "Local Files" preferenced turned on, so that Spotify could play my local files. However, I eventually turned this off. Over a year later, there are at least two songs that Spotify continues to play locally saved files of. How do I  know this? Because it's playing live versions that I have saved. This is obnoxious and jarring given that I'm streaming the album. I rechecked my settings and it should not be using saved files - both options are still turned off. I deleted the live MP3s it was playing and now the app refuses to play the song at all. I get an error "File could not be found." How do I fix this?

2 Replies

Hey @cry_wifi, welcome to the Community.

Hope you are doing great!

Sorry to hear that it didn't work.

I know it sounds simple, but it's often overlooked. Could you try restarting your device? If that doesn't help, try a quick clean reinstallation of the app. Just follow the steps here. If that doesn't work try to use this guide for a more thorough uninstall of Spotify 🙂

If you're still having trouble, could you let me know the exact version of Spotify and the exact version of the operating system you're running?

I'll see what I can suggest!

Hey @cry_wifi, welcome to the Community.

Hope you are doing great!

Sorry to hear that it didn't work.

I know it sounds simple, but it's often overlooked. Could you try restarting your device? If that doesn't help, try a quick clean reinstallation of the app. Just follow the steps here. If that doesn't work try to use this guide for a more thorough uninstall of Spotify 🙂

If you're still having trouble, could you let me know the exact version of Spotify and the exact version of the operating system you're running?

I'll see what I can suggest!

Suggested posts