Announcements

Desktop (Windows)

Discuss Spotify for Windows

Start a topic

Forum Posts

[Troubleshooting] Windows

Having trouble with the Spotify desktop app? Here’s a step-by-step guide to help get things working again. What to try first Perform a soft reset (generally rebooting the device will suffice). If that doesn’t help, try a clean reinstall. Be sure to l...

• Spotify Legend
  • 0 replies
  • 24 likes
  • Mac
    Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 24 likes

FAQ: Spotify for Windows 10 app

Hey folks, we've outlined some of the common questions you might have about the Windows 10 app now available. Please post in this board if you have any other questions. Q: Why can’t I see Spotify in the Windows 10 store? A: Spotify for Windows store ...

• Spotify
  • Spotify
  • 0 replies
  • 33 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 33 likes

spotify for windows 10 error

After a windows 10 update, Spotify wont work. Error comes up: "the application was unable to start correctly (0xc000007b) ...". Tried re-install. Not a techy person!Please help.Hilda.

• After a windows 10 update, Spotify wont work. Error comes up: "the application was unable to start correctly (0xc000007b) ...".  Tried re-install.  Not a techy person! Please help....
  • jusTobi
  • Regular
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Sorry, there's nothing here

Windows Phone does not work Browse. Showing "Sorry, there's nothing here". Why is it?It is a mistake or Windows phones will no longer Spotify?

001.png
  • Casual Listener
  • Windows Phone does not work Browse. Showing "Sorry, there's nothing here". Why is it? It is a mistake or Windows phones will no longer Spotify?
  • CHR15G
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

All log ins won't work!

My spotify desktop was working fine but now when I lick log in via Facebook nothing happens. When I try to log in with email and password it freezes with a red cirlce with a slash. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling and the same issue. This is ...

• My spotify desktop was working fine but now when I lick log in via Facebook nothing happens. When I try to log in with email and password it freezes with a red cirlce with a slash.   I've trie...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! changing language to english on desktop /web player?

Hi! How do I change the language to english on desktop /web player? I'm located in Hungary...

• Regular
  • Hi! How do I change the language to english on desktop /web player? I'm located in Hungary...
  • IguanaSetup
  • Community Legend
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify will not login through Facebook

Just earlier this morning i was listening to music on my spotify premium account whilst logged in through facebook. Lo and behold this afternoon, and i can no longer use spotify because it will not log in through facebook. It says I never had a faceb...

• Just earlier this morning i was listening to music on my spotify premium account whilst logged in through facebook. Lo and behold this afternoon, and i can no longer use spotify because it will not l...
  • MauriceMV
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Download spotify for windows 7

Hi, can anybody help. I'm trying to download spotify on windows 7. I've tried some of the suggestions on this forum (compatibility, using the full setup) but nothing works. Any suggestons?

• Casual Listener
  • Hi, can anybody help. I'm trying to download spotify on windows 7. I've tried some of the suggestions on this forum (compatibility, using the full setup) but nothing works. Any suggestons?
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 6 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 1 likes

Spotify Overlay doesn't working when my Apps (Games) are in Fullscreen Mode

Basically, the Overlay, the one that shows up when I use media keys, doesn't show when I'm playing my games in Fullscreen Mode, but, when I change to Windowed Fullscreen or just Windowed, works perfectly. I'm just wondering why it happens to me while...

• Basically, the Overlay, the one that shows up when I use media keys, doesn't show when I'm playing my games in Fullscreen Mode, but, when I change to Windowed Fullscreen or just Windowed, works perfe...
  • 0 replies
  • 3 likes
  • overlay
  • 0 replies
  • 3 likes

Specific albums not playing (Local Files)

I want to import the soundtrack for a game I recently bought, we were here too. Upon setting up the local files so the songs appear, the tracks won't play. I reinstall Spotify and try again. Still nothing. Other local files and other game OSTs still ...

• Casual Listener
  • I want to import the soundtrack for a game I recently bought, we were here too. Upon setting up the local files so the songs appear, the tracks won't play. I reinstall Spotify and try ...
  • ImBobCat
  • Casual Listener
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Sort local files with "organize your music"

Hello. I am trying to sort my music into playlist and just discovered the "Organize Your Music" tool from Spotify which is great for my needs.My issue is that my local files aren't shown, only the music I added to my librairy from Spotify. It is an i...

• Casual Listener
  • Hello.   I am trying to sort my music into playlist and just discovered the "Organize Your Music" tool from Spotify which is great for my needs. My issue is that my local files aren't shown, ...
  • 0 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 3 likes

Albums and Artists not in Your Music

Hi all, I have about 4,000 songs saved in MY Music Songs but there is only a few albums and artists in the Albums and Artists. I would have thought that by adding a song to your library that it would add the Artist and Album for that song into the ap...

• Regular
  • Hi all, I have about 4,000 songs saved in MY Music Songs but there is only a few albums and artists in the Albums and Artists. I would have thought that by adding a song to your library that it would...
  • rhyndman-nz
  • Regular
  • 13 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 13 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Why does spotify re-install every time I open it for the past 40 days?

Why does spotify re-install every time I open it for the past 40 days? This is getting really annoying!

• Regular
  • Why does spotify re-install every time I open it for the past 40 days?  This is getting really annoying!    
  • kradp
  • Casual Listener
  • 32 replies
  • 20 likes
  • Windows
  • 32 replies
  • 20 likes

Solved!! Why is Spotify telling me the disk is full when the Cache is only 1GB (Limit set to 100GB)?

I have over 400GB of free space on my laptops HDD, far more on my desktop if move some files around. So, to me, having a 100GB limit is absurd. If I am allowed to have more than 100GB of cache on my own computers I would very much like to know how th...

• Music Fan
  • I have over 400GB of free space on my laptops HDD, far more on my desktop if move some files around. So, to me, having a 100GB limit is absurd. If I am allowed to have more than 100GB of cache on my ...
  • showmx
  • Regular
  • 12 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 12 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Friend Feed Desktop

Has anyone experienced the Friend Feed disappearing? If so any solutions to bring it back? Many thanks

• Casual Listener
  • Has anyone experienced the Friend Feed disappearing? If so any solutions to bring it back?   Many thanks 🙂
  • brigette_skope
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

A group of songs will not download no matter which playlist I put them in no laptop

This group of songs (image below) will not download onto my laptop to be played offline. They all work offline in the same playlist on my phone but not on laptop. I have them in my songs library and two other playlists but no matter which playlist I ...

• Casual Listener
  • This group of songs (image below) will not download onto my laptop to be played offline. They all work offline in the same playlist on my phone but not on laptop. I have them in my songs library and ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • downlaod
    laptop
    Playlist
    Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Nothing display's when I open Spotify on desktop

Recently my spotify app player on my desktop went black. I have unninstalled and re-installed the app many times and nothing has worked. I can see "file" "edit" and "view" in the top corner, but thats it, and the options of all three is very limited....

• Recently my spotify app player on my desktop went black.  I have unninstalled and re-installed the app many times and nothing has worked.  I can see "file" "edit" and "view" in the top corn...
  • jba1969
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Stranger Things Mode Not Working

I was curious what the "Stranger Things" option did, but it is not working for me when I try to use it. I went to an official stranger things playlist and the setting still did nothing after I went idle for a while

• Casual Listener
  • I was curious what the "Stranger Things" option did, but it is not working for me when I try to use it. I went to an official stranger things playlist and the setting still did nothing after I went i...
  • gesneto
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Can You Upload A Demo To Spotify?

I know nothing about what you can upload really; What I mean is can you upload something that isn't anything official but just something you made?

• I know nothing about what you can upload really; What I mean is can you upload something that isn't anything official but just something you made?
  • keefbaker
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Can't share music player and track to facebook

The app isn't sharing music player to facebook in windows. That's what happens:Spotify already was better then this.

• The app isn't sharing music player to facebook in windows. That's what happens: Spotify already was better then this.
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Too many songs (?)

Hi, I've been subbed to Spotify for quite a while and I've reached close to 800 songs in one of my main playlist. I've realised that recently when i add a song into the playlist, it doesnt appear there unless i copy paste the entire playlist from 'So...

• Hi, I've been subbed to Spotify for quite a while and I've reached close to 800 songs in one of my main playlist. I've realised that recently when i add a song into the playlist, it doesnt appear the...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

My music keeps pausing every 30s

My music keeps pausing at exactly every 30 seconds after i press play. I already logged out of everywhere twice and uninstalled the app on my computer and still nothing. Please help ;( i just wanna listen to music ;(((( thanks guys.

• My music keeps pausing at exactly every 30 seconds after i press play. I already logged out of everywhere twice and uninstalled the app on my computer and still nothing. Please help ;( i just wanna l...
  • TheBrickSlayer
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes