Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Songs keep skipping and phantom playlists keep playing randomly

Songs keep skipping and phantom playlists keep playing randomly

Plan

Premium

Country

United States

Device

HP 173 TouchScreen Laptop

Operating System

Windows 10

I recently bought a new laptop, and shortly after a new phone (Samsung Galaxy J7 Sky Pro). I haven't had a good time with Spotify ever since. I can't start playing music on desktop and I'll explain why in a minute. I have to start it on my phone and go to "Devices Available" to play it on my laptop. In the available devices list, there are six options that read "Web Player (Chrome)," and at the very bottom is the name of my laptop. Those six web player options are not supposed to be there. I don't know where the web players are, I don't ever open Spotify in the browser and when i select these options, they don't play through my speakers, and they don't belong to anyone within the household (I thought maybe I was playing music through my sister's laptop but we debunked that). 

Here's why i can't play music from desktop. If I hit PLAY from my desktop, the song i selectedd will play for 20 seconds before skipping to the next song, 20 seconds of that one will play and then it'll skip again. It goes down the whole list like that. Sometimes it'll skip to songs that aren't even in my library. These songs are always dubstep or EDM, and they're never in English. And when I try to go back to my own playlist, eventually it'll take me back to the one that isn't mine. I now have seven playlists in my recently played list on mobile, none of which i enjoy hearing. I've updated Spotify on both my laptop and my phone, and the problem isn't solved.  It's been a week since i've been able to listen to music without having these issues and I'm more than ready to cancel my subscription

3 Replies

Hey, thanks for reaching out.

I know it sounds simple, but it's often overlooked. Could you try restarting your device? If that doesn't help, try a quick clean reinstallation of the app. Just follow the steps here.

If you're still having trouble, could you let me know the exact version of Spotify and the exact version of the operating system you're running?

I'll see what I can suggest!

I give up with these automated answers, no help whatsoever!

Hello!

If so, someone might have gotten hold of your account.

I would suggest changing your password and trying to remove all devices from your account.

1. Log in to your account page
  2. Click SIGN OUT EVERYWHERE

Let me know if that works.

Suggested posts