Desktop (Windows)

Discuss Spotify for Windows

Start a topic

Forum Posts

[Troubleshooting] Windows

Having trouble with the Spotify desktop app? Here’s a step-by-step guide to help get things working again. What to try first Perform a soft reset (generally rebooting the device will suffice). If that doesn’t help, try a clean reinstall. Be sure to l...

• Spotify Legend
  • 0 replies
  • 24 likes
  • Mac
    Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 24 likes

FAQ: Spotify for Windows 10 app

Hey folks, we've outlined some of the common questions you might have about the Windows 10 app now available. Please post in this board if you have any other questions. Q: Why can’t I see Spotify in the Windows 10 store? A: Spotify for Windows store ...

• Spotify
  • Spotify
  • 0 replies
  • 32 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 32 likes

Spotify is becoming almost unusable in loading on my computer

What has happened to Spotify's ability to quickly load on my Windows desktop. I am a musician in a band and a sometimes DJ and it is becoming almost impossible to use. The company will probably raise $5 billion in their planned Spring 2018 stock list...

• Casual Listener
  • What has happened to Spotify's ability to quickly load on my Windows desktop. I am a musician in a band and a sometimes DJ and it is becoming almost impossible to use. The company will probably raise...
  • TheBrickSlayer
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

This song is not available: even after CLEAN windows 10 install

Not only did I try every traditional "fix" found on the forums, I even tried completely reinstalling windows 10. I am still getting this problem. I can't even play local files that I added to spotify! Updated BIOSUpdated driversDeleted user folder in...

• Casual Listener
  • Not only did I try every traditional "fix" found on the forums, I even tried completely reinstalling windows 10. I am still getting this problem. I can't even play local files that I added to spotify...
  • JasonHenslee
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Start Spotify NOT in Browse/Discover?

Do you enjoy getting content you don't want forced down your throat? Do you wish the Desktop App would not load into the propaganda of its Browse panel, and instead load whichever section you enjoy like Daily Mix or Radio or Recently Played? Spotify ...

• Casual Listener
  • Do you enjoy getting content you don't want forced down your throat? Do you wish the Desktop App would not load into the propaganda of its Browse panel, and instead load whichever sect...
  • isitnexttoyou
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Is there a command to play a playlist using command line?

Hi, I want to fall asleep and wake up to music on Spotify. I'm making a batch file to do this but I still need a command to play a playlist on Spotify. If you know how to do this can you please help. Thanks. This is what I have so far - @echo offping...

• Hi, I want to fall asleep and wake up to music on Spotify. I'm making a batch file to do this but I still need a command to play a playlist on Spotify. If you know how to do this can you please hel...
  • ferrum
  • Music Fan
  • 21 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 21 replies
  • 1 likes

Online version glitchy

I dont have antying downloaded as I use from work but find the online version doesn't always play properly, currently its playing but no sound anyone else had this?Also why arn't the postcasts on the online version? I have had to resort to Deezer wit...

• I dont have antying downloaded as I use from work but find the online version doesn't always play properly, currently its playing but no sound anyone else had this? Also why arn't the postcasts on...
  • Mgamer
  • Music Fan
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Not Responding

I've read all the previous posts about going to Task Manager and reinstalling and I've done all that and nothing works. I still get either a white screen or a message saying " Spotify is not responding." I'm not very tech savvy so some of the other s...

• I've read all the previous posts about going to Task Manager and reinstalling and I've done all that and nothing works. I still get either a white screen or a message saying " Spotify is not respondi...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

HALP: Add Me to the Queue of People Who Don't Understand the Queue

OK, I think I have some idea of how to use the queue feature, but here's where I run into problems: Let's say I have a queue of a 3 or 4 albums and it's midway through. Suddenly, I get into a different mood and want to hear a different sort of music ...

• Casual Listener
  • OK, I think I have some idea of how to use the queue feature, but here's where I run into problems:   Let's say I have a queue of a 3 or 4 albums and it's midway through. Suddenly, I get ...
  • WriterDreamer
  • Regular
  • 4 replies
  • 4 likes
  • Windows
  • 4 replies
  • 4 likes

[Win10] Local Music doesn't use Track# to sort the display/playback of purchased music...

I bought an album you don't stream off of Amazon music and downloaded it locally. I changed the settigns in the win10 app to point to the directory. Good News is the app sees it and the songs appear under Local Files (I agree with other requests to m...

• I bought an album you don't stream off of Amazon music and downloaded it locally.  I changed the settigns in the win10 app to point to the directory.  Good News is the app sees it and the s...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Can't seem to get Airfoil to play Spotify app. Recommendations?

Do I need to make any changes within the App to have Spoitify play on the Apple TV over Airfoil? Maybe changes on the actual computer sound output? I'm stuck, please help. I've selected the spotify app on Airfoil and it does recognize my apple TV, ho...

• Do I need to make any changes within the App to have Spoitify play on the Apple TV over Airfoil? Maybe changes on the actual computer sound output? I'm stuck, please help. I've selected the spotify a...
  • granzoporo
  • Regular
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Lyrics not showing when playing music on Echo Dot

Lyrics are not showing on the Spotify app on PC when I listen on my Echo Dot. Lyrics still appear when I'm playing on my phone. When I turn off Animated Background while playing music on the Echo Dot, random colors start flashing. This issue does not...

• Lyrics are not showing on the Spotify app on PC when I listen on my Echo Dot. Lyrics still appear when I'm playing on my phone. When I turn off Animated Background while playing music on the Echo Dot...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Save or Export Spotify Library or Playlists to CSV or XLS?

How do I save or export my Spotify Library or Playlists in a standard format, like CSV or XLS? I have successfully used the copy-and-paste and drag-and-drop into Word suggestions. However, these methods only provide song title and author, no album na...

• How do I save or export my Spotify Library or Playlists in a standard format, like CSV or XLS?   I have successfully used the copy-and-paste and drag-and-drop into Word suggestions. However,...
  • gadour
  • Casual Listener
  • 9 replies
  • 18 likes
  • 9 replies
  • 18 likes

Solved!! Spotify se queda cargando y no abre

De un tiempo para aca me paso esto hace como 4 dias aprox que me paso y no me carga ni por que deje la pc encendida 10 horas

• Casual Listener
  • De un tiempo para aca me paso esto hace como 4 dias aprox que me paso y no me carga ni por que deje la pc encendida 10 horas
  • WEBERA
  • 8 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 8 replies
  • 1 likes

My playlists are not showing on "Discovered On"

I have a pretty popular playlist that almost always shows in an artist's "discovered on" on the desktop app. I use this to track how many listeners i'm providing artists I add to my playlists. Today, randomly, only my playlists have stopped showing i...

• Visitor
  • I have a pretty popular playlist that almost always shows in an artist's "discovered on" on the desktop app. I use this to track how many listeners i'm providing artists I add to my playlists. Today,...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 4 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 2 likes

Problem at sign up - in family group

Hello, who can help me?...I have a family premium subscribtion. 4 of us can log in with by facebook used e-mail address and password, but 1 of us can't. "Log in with Facebook" button can't used, because on the old Win XP pc (used only for media) can'...

• Casual Listener
  • Hello, who can help me?... I have a family premium subscribtion. 4 of us can log in with by facebook used e-mail address and password, but 1 of us can't. "Log in with Facebook" button can'...
  • szs
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Web Player
    Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify AutoStart settings broken

Hello. I am using Spotify under Windows 10 64bit 1709 fully patched, and even if my Spotify settings are set to not autostart after login, Spotify keeps showing up at every login. at msconfig I have no spotify services, and at Startup programs Spotif...

• Hello.   I am using Spotify under Windows 10 64bit 1709 fully patched, and even if my Spotify settings are set to not autostart after login, Spotify keeps showing up at every login.   ...
  • zirila
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Crashing and reinstall problems with windows 10

I tried opening Spotify tonight, and the window popped up for a second then closed. I looked around and it suggested I reinstall, so I tried using the remove program in control panel and it wouldn't do anything. So I look for the actual Spotify folde...

• Casual Listener
  • I tried opening Spotify tonight, and the window popped up for a second then closed.  I looked around and it suggested I reinstall, so I tried using the remove program in control panel and it wou...
  • afnola
  • Casual Listener
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Stuck on the loading screen (Desktop App)

Stuck on the loading screen when I start the Spotify Desktop App. Clean install did nothing, installing an older version of Spotify didn't do anything. Can anyone help me?

• Music Fan
  • Stuck on the loading screen when I start the Spotify Desktop App. Clean install did nothing, installing an older version of Spotify didn't do anything. Can anyone help me?
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 14 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 14 replies
  • 1 likes

Solved!! Spotify won't load

I'm using the windows 10 microsoft store spotify app and it is just stuck on an endless loading screen. I can't download the app from spotify.com since nothing fromt the website load. I'd like to delete my cookies and cache to see if that helps but i...

• Regular
  • I'm using the windows 10 microsoft store spotify app and it is just stuck on an endless loading screen. I can't download the app from spotify.com since nothing fromt the website load. I'd like to del...
  • _kalnic_
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Turn Off Saving Liked Songs

Either stop or allow users to turn off saving liked songs from Discover Weekly and Daily Mix. Those songs I do like, I place in specific playlists then having them get lost in my Library. It creates a lot of extra clicking.

• Casual Listener
  • Either stop or allow users to turn off saving liked songs from Discover Weekly and Daily Mix. Those songs I do like, I place in specific playlists then having them get lost in my Library. It creates ...
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes
  • dislike
    like and dislike
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes

Solved!! I can't start spotify

Spotify won't start and all I see is a white spinning circle in the program. This happened after I logged out from the program and then it wouldn't work. I would appreciate help? I have tried restarting my computer and reinstalling spotify.exe.

• Regular
  • Spotify won't start and all I see is a white spinning circle in the program. This happened after I logged out from the program and then it wouldn't work. I would appreciate help? I have tried restart...
  • Defonse
  • Regular
  • 4 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 1 likes