Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Desktop (Windows)

Discuss Spotify for Windows

Start a topic

Forum Posts

Desktop: Jam now available

Spotify is bringing Jam to the desktop app! 拾 ️ Now you can start or join a listening party with your friends, family, colleagues, and classmates, with the Spotify desktop app in addition to the mobile app. Although you can listen on your own, Jam in...

Start Jam Menu - Desktop App.png Queue Right Sidebar.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • pastasås
  • Casual Listener
  • 66 replies
  • 23 likes
  • 66 replies
  • 23 likes

Desktop: New "Now Playing View" sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new "Now Playing View" sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player to go along with the recently released "Your Library" sidebar. Together, the individually customizable design of these new views provides a richer experience, m...

• Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • Edwardont
  • Casual Listener
  • 251 replies
  • 21 likes
  • 251 replies
  • 21 likes

New Your Library sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new Your Library sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player. The new Your Library sidebar is rolling out to all desktop users now, so you will be seeing it soon if you haven't already. The new Your Library sidebar improves nav...

Sidebar Tips.png Desktop Sidebar Compact View.png Compact Layout.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes

[Troubleshooting] Windows

Having trouble with the Spotify desktop app? Here’s a step-by-step guide to help get things working again. What to try first Perform a soft reset (generally rebooting the device will suffice). If that doesn’t help, try a clean reinstall. Be sure to l...

• Spotify Legend
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes
  • Mac
    Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes

Local files from PC catalogue suddenly empty, all local tracks in playlists grayed out?

Used to work great, but today when I wanted to add a new track to a playlist, it's empty. Already tried deleting local cahce. Help!

• Regular
  • Used to work great, but today when I wanted to add a new track to a playlist, it's empty. Already tried deleting local cahce.   Help!
  • mrX
  • Regular
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify connect device (Sonos play 1)

Hi, I use two Sonos Play 1 speakers (set as a stereo pair and labelled 'Kitchen') to play spotify through (via the spotify app, not the sonos app) and have never had any problems connecting/disconnecting previously. Unfortunately, as of yesterday, Sp...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi,   I use two Sonos Play 1 speakers (set as a stereo pair and labelled 'Kitchen') to play spotify through (via the spotify app, not the sonos app) and have never had any problems connecting/...
  • tds1993
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Crashing on startup

Spotify crashes as soon as I open it. I tried reinstalling it, and then it lets me login, but as soon as I'm logged in it crashes again. I tried using the windows 10 app, same result.One thing that I noticed is when I delete the cache or manually sto...

• Regular
  • Spotify crashes as soon as I open it. I tried reinstalling it, and then it lets me login, but as soon as I'm logged in it crashes again. I tried using the windows 10 app, same result. One thing that...
  • sergeantbiggs
  • Regular
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

Album art is obscured by commercial banner

Today I noticed that some ad banners at the bottom obscure album art on the bottom left. See the attachment.

• Regular
  • Today I noticed that some ad banners at the bottom obscure album art on the bottom left. See the attachment.
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Scrobbling not working

After updating desktop PC to 1.0.80.474.gef6b503e version last.fm stopped saving scrobbled tracks.

• Casual Listener
  • After updating desktop PC to 1.0.80.474.gef6b503e version last.fm stopped saving scrobbled tracks.
  • havryliuk
  • Regular
  • 4 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 3 likes

Volume turns off

I was listening to an album on Spotify, with volume at 100%. Midway through the album, the ads came, and I turned off the Spotify volume while they lasted. After the ads, I tried to turn on the volume again, but the volume button wasn't working: noth...

• Casual Listener
  • I was listening to an album on Spotify, with volume at 100%. Midway through the album, the ads came, and I turned off the Spotify volume while they lasted. After the ads, I tried to turn on the volum...
  • XSCB
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Cover Art

It's kind of bother me that the cover art doesn't show up. At first, I thought it's because my internet connection. Then I checked it, but it's working just fine. And I tested it to my local files, and the cover art is show up. Do I need to re-instal...

• It's kind of bother me that the cover art doesn't show up. At first, I thought it's because my internet connection. Then I checked it, but it's working just fine. And I tested it  to my local fi...
  • Soundofus
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Search function doesn't work

I've been having some issues with the Spotify search function recently on my PC. Most of the time it doesn't show anything, only my recent search results. When I restart Spotify, I don't have this problem for like the first 1-2 things I search for, b...

• I've been having some issues with the Spotify search function recently on my PC. Most of the time it doesn't show anything, only my recent search results. When I restart Spotify, I don't have this pr...
  • CMoresco
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Songs are different in android and PC

Hello, I have this issue.I found at least 3 songs which are different in android and PC, while I switch between these two playback devices.In phone it sounds like original song, but in PC is some kind of remix Here is video https://photos.app.goo.gl/...

• Regular
  • Hello, I have this issue. I found at least 3 songs which are different in android and PC, while I switch between these two playback devices. In phone it sounds like original song, but in PC is some...
  • KnedlaCZ
  • Regular
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Song Volume Fades to Nothing

The volume of my songs playing fades out until cannot be heard at all. This only happens at a low volume. So if I want to have songs playing in the background at a low volume I can't. It happens when Spotify volume is at about 20-30% Any help with th...

• Casual Listener
  • The volume of my songs playing fades out until cannot be heard at all. This only happens at a low volume. So if I want to have songs playing in the background at a low volume I can't. It happens...
  • Agentbunz07
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Favorited songs list is losing songs

Hi,I've been suspecting a while that my songs list has been losing songs because there were songs that I know I loved from the daily mix that I favorited in order to come back to them later, and I can't find most of them. Yesterday I was playing musi...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi, I've been suspecting a while that my songs list has been losing songs because there were songs that I know I loved from the daily mix that I favorited in order to come back to them later, and ...
  • BCZ
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Scrobbling doesn't work after update

I've just updated Spotify to version 1.0.80 and noticed that scrobbling to last.fm doesn't work anymore. I can see the song currently played but it disappears from my list of recent played titles afterwards.

• Roadie
  • I've just updated Spotify to version 1.0.80 and noticed that scrobbling to last.fm doesn't work anymore. I can see the song currently played but it disappears from my list of recent played titles aft...
  • karma_police_19
  • Music Fan
  • 10 replies
  • 15 likes
  • 10 replies
  • 15 likes

Music changes before song ends

Every song i play it never finishes. it changes to next song half way to 75% of the way through. I have premium, I have cleared cookies and cache, im using google chrome on my internet browser, i have restarted google chrome, restarted the computer a...

• Every song i play it never finishes. it changes to next song half way to 75% of the way through. I have premium, I have cleared cookies and cache, im using google chrome on my internet browser, i hav...
  • CohanPlayz
  • Music Fan
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

song is not available

for about last 5-6 days, when i want to listen music from spotify, it always says "this song isn't available..." my internet works and i'm not trying to listen spotify on offline mode. how can i fix this problem?

• for about last 5-6 days, when i want to listen music from spotify, it always says "this song isn't available..." my internet works and i'm not trying to listen spotify on offline mode. how can i...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Spotify application not responding!

Whenever i log on to Spotify it says "The Spotify application is not responding." I get it every time when i try to log on. Also i got some other errors. ever since the newest update spotify has been crazy wierd. when i click the x button to close sp...

• Music Fan
  • Whenever i log on to Spotify it says "The Spotify application is not responding." I get it every time when i try to log on. Also i got some other errors. ever since the newest update spotify has been...
  • CohanPlayz
  • Music Fan
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Spotify crashes after login since Windows 10 April update

Steps to reproduceRegression bug: Since Windows 10 April update Spotify crashes immediately after login. System InfoApp: I reinstalled the Windows Store app and the standalone Windows application - without succes.OS: Windows 10, Version 1803, Build 1...

• Casual Listener
  • Steps to reproduce Regression bug: Since Windows 10 April update Spotify crashes immediately after login.    System Info App: I reinstalled the Windows Store app and the standalone...
  • hartmair
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! latest version of Spotify desktop?

Hi !I just would like to know what is the latest version of the Spotify app for Windows 8.1I'm running version 1.0.77.338.g758ebd78 for a long time now, is it the latest one?Thanks.

• Roadie
  • Hi ! I just would like to know what is the latest version of the Spotify app for Windows 8.1 I'm running version 1.0.77.338.g758ebd78 for a long time now, is it the latest one? Thanks. 🙂
  • S3ndG
  • Roadie
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

One big local file can't be put into a playlist

I have spotify premium and have downloaded a 50 minute mp3 file which I would like to put into a playlist. It appears in my local files list but is denied entry into a playlist whereas, other songs in my local files list can be put into playlists. Is...

• Casual Listener
  • I have spotify premium and have downloaded a 50 minute mp3 file which I would like to put into a playlist. It appears in my local files list but is denied entry into a playlist whereas, other songs i...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify local files problem

I have this problem since long time ago, at the begin it don't bother me but it start to anoying me.A few years ago I linked my local music files in an old pc but when I got a new one, the songs shows in my playlist but I can't played and neither rem...

asd.png spo.png
  • I have this problem since long time ago, at the begin it don't bother me but it start to anoying me. A few years ago I linked my local music files in an old pc but when I got a new one, the songs sh...
  • SaeedAmmaneh
  • Regular
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes