Premium (Family)

Country

Brazil

Device

PC

Operating System

Win 10

My Question or Issue

It's the second time now that when Windows starts or I try to launch the spotify Win10 app I get an invalid name error. See attachment for the exact error message, but translating from Portuguese, I get the installation address (default for win10 apps) followed by "Invalid name request. It was not possible to fetch the requested name at this time". The last time, I cleared all spotify entries I found in the registry and installed the app again from the "store", It worked for a while. I don't want to do this again. Also I can't #$%#$ access the @#$$$@# windowsapps folder inside "program files" to see if I can launch the app manually. Please help me!

Spotifyerror.PNG
6 Replies

Hey @JoãoKlemz, welcome to the Community.

Hope you are having a great time!

The location you are trying to access is monitored by the OS, no one has the access to it except Windows, you can change the ownership of it but things would get messy and it wouldn't help you at all here.

What you will do is try to perform a clean uninstall of Spotify. You can use this app to do it or follow the steps below(or read it from this guide if you want to):

1. Close Spotify and uninstall it.
2. Go to %AppData% in Windows Explorer, and delete any Spotify folders you find in Local and Roaming folders.
3. Restart your computer.
4. Install Spotify.

If you're still having trouble, could you let me know the exact version of Spotify and the exact version of the operating system you're running?

I'll see what I can suggest!

Hello Loren, thanks for the reply.

Yesterday I ended up doing just that (before I saw your message), except for the %appdata% part. It worked yesterday. Now after restarting my PC the problem came back again. Now even after uninstalling and installing again from the store the problem persists.

I'm running Win 10 home single language, version 1803 build 17134.112

I've always got the Spotify version from the MS store, same place where the link you've posted takes me. Current one is 1.84.344.0.

While going after this info, I found a "repair" button inside the application setup menu, and apparently now it's working again. Anyway, I'll see if it happens again tomorrow. If it doesn't, then we'll call the problem solved.

Thanks again! (:

Hello, the problem returned again today, after restarting. I've noticed the message on startup is the same as when I try to launch the app manually, but the command is different (see attachment).

I don't know if it makes any difference, but here are a few comments:

- I've set Spotify to NOT launch at PC startup

- I've set the cache location to a folder other than default, inside my music library

- I've set the option disabling cookies

All these settings I've done from the menu in the app. I haven't messed with anything about the app from outside it.

Thanks in advance for any help someone could offer.. (:

Spotifyerror1.PNG

Hey @JoãoKlemz,

Sorry to hear that you are still having issues with Spotify!

I would recommend using this software to remove Spotify. Don't forget to remove leftovers, the app will ask you for it. Double check that at the AppData folder after this app is done removing Spotify.

Then reinstall using the link from my first post.

If you need help just give me a shout 😉

Hope I was able to help 🙂

Hello, today I got that problem once again. I've tried the suggested solution, even tried to use the software kindly recommended, but spotify doesn't even show up in the list of installed windows apps.

I'm giving up, maybe I'll just listen to spotify from the web or something like it. I'm sorry there's no customer service for spotify.

Thanks for your time, Loren!

Hey @JoãoKlemz,

Hope you are doing great!

I am sorry to hear your aren't enjyoing Spotify!

That's really odd. Try to create another user accound and install Spotify there to see if that helps 🙂

Let me know how it goes 🙂

Suggested posts