Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Desktop (Windows)

Discuss Spotify for Windows

Start a topic

Forum Posts

Desktop: Jam now available

Spotify is bringing Jam to the desktop app! 拾 ️ Now you can start or join a listening party with your friends, family, colleagues, and classmates, with the Spotify desktop app in addition to the mobile app. Although you can listen on your own, Jam in...

Start Jam Menu - Desktop App.png Queue Right Sidebar.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • ipanasenko
  • 77 replies
  • 27 likes
  • 77 replies
  • 27 likes

Desktop: New "Now Playing View" sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new "Now Playing View" sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player to go along with the recently released "Your Library" sidebar. Together, the individually customizable design of these new views provides a richer experience, m...

• Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • rednblu
  • Roadie
  • 271 replies
  • 21 likes
  • 271 replies
  • 21 likes

New Your Library sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new Your Library sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player. The new Your Library sidebar is rolling out to all desktop users now, so you will be seeing it soon if you haven't already. The new Your Library sidebar improves nav...

Sidebar Tips.png Desktop Sidebar Compact View.png Compact Layout.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes

[Troubleshooting] Windows

Having trouble with the Spotify desktop app? Here’s a step-by-step guide to help get things working again. What to try first Perform a soft reset (generally rebooting the device will suffice). If that doesn’t help, try a clean reinstall. Be sure to l...

• Spotify Legend
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes
  • Mac
    Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes

Solved!! Icon?

When listening to music there used to be an icon and below the song name + artist name, I wonder what happened to it? Windows10

• Regular
  • When listening to music there used to be an icon and below the song name + artist name, I wonder what happened to it?      Windows10
  • Loxer
  • Community Legend
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Playlist isn’t working

My Question or Issue I’m trying to listen to music by a playlist I created and it keeps saying that Spotify can’t open the link on this device. I have an iPhone 6s. I’ve tried restarting my phone and uninstalling and re installing. It’s making me rea...

•     My Question or Issue  I’m trying to listen to music by a playlist I created and it keeps saying that Spotify can’t open the link on this device. I have an iPhone 6s. I’ve tried ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Windows 10 app not opening share links

PlanPremiumCountryMexicoDeviceDell Inspiron 15 7567Operating SystemWindows 10 v1803Spotify Client version1.80.474.0 My Question or IssueBefore installing the Windows 10 app, the desktop app was able to open share links from the web. Now when I click ...

Captura de pantalla (12).png Captura de pantalla (10).png
  • Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country Mexico Device Dell Inspiron 15 7567 Operating System Windows 10 v1803 Spotify Client version 1.80.474.0   My Question or Issue Before installing the Windows 10 a...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Display search results directly as list again

Since the new update search results are not directly shown as a list anymore.With the new search long song names get cut off (see the pictures) and additional information like duration, popularity, album and explicitness are not directly shown anymor...

• Casual Listener
  • Since the new update search results are not directly shown as a list anymore. With the new search long song names get cut off (see the pictures) and additional information like duration, popularity,...
  • brutedawg
  • Music Fan
  • 1 replies
  • 12 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 12 likes

Desktop App not syncing saved songs that I add to (Your Library/Songs/) from my phone or laptop

PlanPremiumCountry USA DevicePCOperating SystemWindows 7 My Question or Issue I will save (click the +) songs on my phone and laptop. These songs sync and are shown on the phone or laptop, but I can not see them on the desktop. If I add a song from t...

• Plan Premium Country  USA    Device PC Operating System Windows 7   My Question or Issue  I will save (click the +) songs on my phone and laptop. These songs sync ...
  • rhinyx
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 12 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 12 likes

Solved!! Log In with Facebook button not working

I run the Desktop app on windows 10. When I want to connect via the "Log in with Facebook" button nothing happens. Even if I click the button 10 times, it still does not work. The animation loads, it shows me that the button is being clicked on, but ...

• I run the Desktop app on windows 10. When I want to connect via the "Log in with Facebook" button nothing happens. Even if I click the button 10 times, it still does not work. The animation loads, it...
  • M4R14
  • Casual Listener
  • 9 replies
  • 5 likes
  • 9 replies
  • 5 likes

Solved!! Music suddently skipping

I've been using spotify for a while now and without trouble, but last week the music being played started suddently skipping to either the song next to it in the playlist, or some random song from a "top 100 best new songs" kind of playlist that i ne...

• Casual Listener
  • I've been using spotify for a while now and without trouble, but last week the music  being played started suddently skipping to either the song next to it in the playlist, or some random song f...
  • Loxer
  • Community Legend
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Delete song preview while modifying volume level

PlanFreeCountryItaly DeviceHP ZBook G2uOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueWhile I modify the volume it shows the volume bar and also the songs playing or played. I don't want to see the song since it's unprofessional while I'm sharing my ...

• Plan Free Country Italy   Device HP ZBook G2u Operating System Windows 10  My Question or Issue While I modify the volume it shows the volume bar and also the songs playing or pla...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Can't log in on Desktop (Windows 7)

Spotify UsernamedrrollerPlanFree/PremiumCountry HungaryDeviceDesktopOperating SystemWindows 7 My Question or Issue So. my problem is that I cannot log into the Spotify with Facebook login a neither with username/password combo. I'm not getting any er...

• Casual Listener
  • Spotify Username drroller Plan Free/Premium Country  Hungary Device Desktop Operating System Windows 7   My Question or Issue   So. my problem is that I cannot log into th...
  • drroller
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes

Spotify Song Images no longer there

Free Plan - Spotify Free Desktop Just recently after an update the Spotify Song image is no longer there, is there any fix for that?

• Free Plan - Spotify Free Desktop  Just recently after an update the Spotify Song image is no longer there, is there any fix for that?
  • teo13g
  • Roadie
  • 2 replies
  • 4 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 4 likes

No matter how many times I press the shuffle button, it always plays the few songs of this album...

No matter how many times I press the shuffle button, it always plays the few songs of this album... The playlist is huge, and I already unsaved an album a while ago because it was playing songs from that album too much. Not that that is connected, bu...

neves2.png Neves.png
  • Music Fan
  • No matter how many times I press the shuffle button, it always plays the few songs of this album... The playlist is huge, and I already unsaved an album a while ago because it was playing songs from ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

update spotify then error now lost my download song

PlanPremiumCountry IndonesiaDevice(notebook)Operating System(Windows 10) My Question or Issue im just update my spotify, after that my notebook freeze after my spotify open when startup which is i disable it. and now, i lost my download song. how it ...

• Plan Premium Country  Indonesia Device (notebook) Operating System (Windows 10)   My Question or Issue  im just update my spotify, after that my notebook freeze after my spot...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Error Windows 10 - Please HELP!

PlanFree/PremiumCountry DeviceWINDOWS 10Operating SystemWINDOWS 10 My Question or Issue

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Free/Premium Country   Device WINDOWS 10 Operating System WINDOWS 10   My Question or Issue  
  • -4p_as24q01jg
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Suddenly can't find users

PlanFree/PremiumCountry Device(iPhone 6, Operating SystemWindows My Question or Issue

• Plan Free/Premium Country   Device (iPhone 6,  Operating System Windows    My Question or Issue  
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • disappeared
    Search
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

can't launch spotify after moving spotify folder and linked it with symbolic link

PlanFreeCountry Czech republicDevicePCOperating SystemWindows 10 PRO 64bit My Question or Issue I moved spotify folder and linked it with symbolic link, now i can't launch spotify, because icon doesn't work anymore and there is no spotify.exe in spot...

• Regular
  • Plan Free Country  Czech republic Device PC Operating System Windows 10 PRO 64bit   My Question or Issue  I moved spotify folder and linked it with symbolic link, now i can't...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

After latest desktop update, play won't resume after pause, app updates slowly

PlanPremiumCountryUSADeviceLenovo ThinkPadOperating SystemWindows 7 Pro (64-bit) My Question or IssueI updated to version 1.0.82.447.g975ad224 of the Spotify desktop controller today, and since then, the Play button doesn't work. This has happened tw...

• Regular
  • Plan Premium Country USA Device Lenovo ThinkPad Operating System Windows 7 Pro (64-bit)   My Question or Issue I updated to version 1.0.82.447.g975ad224 of the Spotify desktop controll...
  • jorgestar29
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 2 likes

Lack of new album under the New Releases from artists I follow

PlanPremiumOperating SystemWindows 10CountryPoland My Question or IssueHi,Please help me understand how New Releases works. For example, I follow John Williams (composer) and this year his profile has released two albums but last album I see under th...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Operating System Windows 10 Country Poland  My Question or Issue Hi, Please help me understand how New Releases works. For example, I follow John Williams (composer) and thi...
  • mariustholen
  • Music Fan
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Downloading new version fails

Plan:PremiumCountry: Denmark Device: DesktopOperating System: Windows 10 My Question or Issue:While using my Spotify ver. 1.0.55.487 I was advised that a new ver. 1.0.80.474 was ready for download. After a little while I was told that Spotify now was...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan:Premium Country: Denmark  Device: Desktop Operating System: Windows 10  My Question or Issue: While using my Spotify ver. 1.0.55.487 I was advised that a new ver. 1.0.80.474 was r...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 10 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 10 replies
  • 0 likes

Sharing of facebook - Player

PlanPremiumCountryChileDeviceDesktopOperating SystemW10 My Question or IssueWhen I shared songs on Facebook, they used to have an associated player.Now when sharing songs, it displays a static image instead of the player.

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country Chile Device Desktop Operating System W10   My Question or Issue When I shared songs on Facebook, they used to have an associated player. Now when sharing songs, ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes