Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Desktop (Windows)

Discuss Spotify for Windows

Start a topic

Forum Posts

Desktop: Jam now available

Spotify is bringing Jam to the desktop app! 拾 ️ Now you can start or join a listening party with your friends, family, colleagues, and classmates, with the Spotify desktop app in addition to the mobile app. Although you can listen on your own, Jam in...

Start Jam Menu - Desktop App.png Queue Right Sidebar.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • TJT73
  • Casual Listener
  • 74 replies
  • 24 likes
  • 74 replies
  • 24 likes

Desktop: New "Now Playing View" sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new "Now Playing View" sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player to go along with the recently released "Your Library" sidebar. Together, the individually customizable design of these new views provides a richer experience, m...

• Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • pat_lafont
  • Casual Listener
  • 263 replies
  • 21 likes
  • 263 replies
  • 21 likes

New Your Library sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new Your Library sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player. The new Your Library sidebar is rolling out to all desktop users now, so you will be seeing it soon if you haven't already. The new Your Library sidebar improves nav...

Sidebar Tips.png Desktop Sidebar Compact View.png Compact Layout.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes

[Troubleshooting] Windows

Having trouble with the Spotify desktop app? Here’s a step-by-step guide to help get things working again. What to try first Perform a soft reset (generally rebooting the device will suffice). If that doesn’t help, try a clean reinstall. Be sure to l...

• Spotify Legend
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes
  • Mac
    Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes

Wer programmiert bei Spotify?

Guten Tag, ich frage mich echt wer bei so einer großen Musik-Streaming Plattform am Programmieren ist. Spotify für Windows startet unfassbar langsam auf einer HDD und ist immer insabil. Bei der Android-App kann ich auch nur über Bugs und Instabilität...

• Guten Tag,   ich frage mich echt wer bei so einer großen Musik-Streaming Plattform am Programmieren ist. Spotify für Windows startet unfassbar langsam auf einer HDD und ist immer insabil. Bei ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Save Playlist-Folder, not just playlists

PlanPremiumCountry GermanyDevicePCOperating SystemWin 7 My Question or Issue How can I save my entire Playlist-Folder, not just the single playlist? Spotify Desktop ist giving me the option only for playlists.

•   Plan Premium Country  Germany Device PC Operating System Win 7   My Question or Issue  How can I save my entire Playlist-Folder, not just the single playlist? Spotify...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Audio quality changes when desktop app is minimized vs maximized

PlanPremiumCountry USDeviceThinkpad T560Operating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueHi - when i have the app open the audio quality sounds better and is louder. When i minimize the window it changes and gets softer/not as clean. I double checked a...

•   Plan Premium Country  US Device Thinkpad T560 Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue Hi - when i have the app open the audio quality sounds better and is loude...
  • Sebasty
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Podcast Continues to restart at previous starting position

So, this issue has been happening for a while now and may be due to the interaction between my phone and desktop. I start a podcast on my phone, then restart on my desktop. I close out the application on my phone (Galaxy S6 Edge (I think)) and start ...

• So, this issue has been happening for a while now and may be due to the interaction between my phone and desktop. I start a podcast on my phone, then restart on my desktop. I close out the applicatio...
  • Jezzmund
  • Regular
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Shuffle disabled after every update

I want shuffle to be active, always. But after every update (same for android as for desktop) shuffle being disabled and I need to enable it again. This issue is now really old and my though was that Spotify will fix it. But they never do. What the h...

• Casual Listener
  • I want shuffle to be active, always. But after every update (same for android as for desktop) shuffle being disabled and I need to enable it again. This issue is now really old and my though was that...
  • b3astie
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

friend dont see my activities

hello a friend cant see my activities but the activities from other ppli have no private session so idk why she cant see me can anyone help me with that? thanks

• hello   a friend cant see my activities but the activities from other ppl i have no private session so idk why she cant see me   can anyone help me with that?   thanks
  • Sebasty
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Podcasts resetting when paused

On my spotify Windows 10 player, I spend a lot of time listening to podcasts and starting today, when I am in the middle of a podcast and I pause the playback for one reason or another, it resets the playback and goes back to the beginning at 0:00. I...

• On my spotify Windows 10 player, I spend a lot of time listening to podcasts and starting today, when I am in the middle of a podcast and I pause the playback for one reason or another, it resets the...
  • Jezzmund
  • Regular
  • 2 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 3 likes

Not working

Everytime I attempt to open the Spotify app a banner always shows up and states "The Spotify application is not responding". I have uninstalled and reinstalled 4 times but it still occurs.

spotify.PNG
  • Everytime I attempt to open the Spotify app a banner always shows up and states "The Spotify application is not responding". I have uninstalled and reinstalled 4 times but it still occurs. 
  • Sebasty
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Paid for premium but not getting any of it!

Spotify UsernametgmoonPlanFree/PremiumCountryUK Hi. After a short break, I've resubscribed for premium but it doesn't seem to be working on desktop or mobile. I've logged out, uninstalled, reinstalled etc., to no avail. My account shows as a premium ...

• Casual Listener
  • Spotify Username tgmoon Plan Free/Premium Country UK   Hi.  After a short break, I've resubscribed for premium but it doesn't seem to be working on desktop or mobile.  I've logg...
  • Sebasty
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes

Trying to play a 2:10:00 track from local storage

I have selected the folder the track is in and it shows up under local files on spotify but when i go to play it, it is only 1:30:00 long. I have checked with VLC and it's definatly 2:10:00 long. Can anyone explain why I can't listen to the full trac...

• I have selected the folder the track is in and it shows up under local files on spotify but when i go to play it, it is only 1:30:00 long. I have checked with VLC and it's definatly 2:10:00 long.&nbs...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Russound streamer no longer shows up in devices since new update yesterday

Spotify Usernamemichael.hajdukPlanFree/PremiumCountry CanadaDeviceOperating System My Question or Issue Since the new Spotify update Russound streamer does not show up. Was using everyday and then Spotify update and no longer a listed choice in devic...

• Casual Listener
  • Spotify Username michael.hajduk Plan Free/Premium Country  Canada Device Operating System   My Question or Issue  Since the new Spotify update Russound streamer does not show...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Other
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Does the Spotify Connect volume control reduce quality?

Spotify Premium, android Couldn't find any consistent answer on the internet regarding this question.When an analog source is streaming via Spotify connect (Xiaomi mi box 3 connected to stereo receiver via 3.5mm to RCA), does the Spotify connect volu...

• Casual Listener
  • Spotify Premium, android     Couldn't find any consistent answer on the internet regarding this question. When an analog source is streaming via Spotify connect (Xiaomi mi box 3 con...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Cannot access the premium features after payment

Plan Premium Country Sweden Device Motorola Moto X Play, Dell Inspiron 13z Operating System Android Noughat 7.1.1, Microsoft Windows 10 My Question or Issue I have recently upgraded to the premium account, however I am not able to access it accross a...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country Sweden Device Motorola Moto X Play, Dell Inspiron 13z Operating System Android Noughat 7.1.1, Microsoft Windows 10   My Question or Issue I have recently...
  • Aswin008
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Quality of Sound

Spotify UsernamerickywsPlanFree/PremiumCountry ScotlandDeviceDell XPS 17Operating SystemWindows 7 Ultimate My Question or Issue HiI have used Spotify Premium for a while. I mostly use it at work using the the web player, and using this I have no soun...

• Casual Listener
  •   Spotify Username rickyws Plan Free/Premium Country  Scotland Device Dell XPS 17 Operating System Windows 7 Ultimate   My Question or Issue   Hi I have used Spotif...
  • Sebasty
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Difference between Normalize and Set the same volume level?

Hello, I just noticed today on Spotify for Windows that there are two very similar options in Settings. In the Music quality section, there is a "Normalize volume - Set the same volume level for all tracks" option. And in the Playback section (which ...

• Casual Listener
  • Hello,   I just noticed today on Spotify for Windows that there are two very similar options in Settings. In the Music quality section, there is a "Normalize volume - Set the same volume level...
  • RoyalScam
  • Music Fan
  • 5 replies
  • 12 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 12 likes

Spotify Swithcing to C\Users\'username'\appdata Folder

My Question or IssueHello,My IT department no longer allows Spotify on our Windows 10 PC's because the app is saved in the C\Users\'username'\appdata Folder, instead of C:\Program Files. I was told Malware attacks frequently come from the C\Users\'us...

• My Question or Issue Hello, My IT department no longer allows Spotify on our Windows 10 PC's because the app is saved in the C\Users\'username'\appdata Folder, instead of C:\Program Files.&nbs...
  • Sebasty
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Audio Glitches During Playback

Playback constantly glitches or 'micro-cuts'... I use a Scarlett2i2 USB Sound device. I've tried with WinAmp or Youtube but glitches are only in the Windows 10 Spotify App. CPU/Memory usage seems to be normal, but when other apps take resources the i...

Capture.PNG
  • Casual Listener
  • Playback constantly glitches or 'micro-cuts'...  I use a Scarlett2i2 USB Sound device. I've tried with WinAmp or Youtube but glitches are only in the Windows 10 Spotify App.  CPU/Mem...
  • tenbrink
  • Casual Listener
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify keeps syncing deleted scrobble to Last.fm.

Spotify Usernamej0hnd03lllqqo My Question or IssueI deleted a scrobble from my Last.fm account but whenever i play a new track in the Spotify desktop app on Windows, i synced the deleted track to Last.fm again. How do i delete the scrobble permenantl...

• Visitor
  • Spotify Username j0hnd03lllqqo     My Question or Issue I deleted a scrobble from my Last.fm account but whenever i play a new track in the Spotify desktop app on Windows, i synced the...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify ULTRA zoom Windows 10

how I return it to normal??????? helppp

• how I return it to normal??????? helppp
  • Jollof
  • Composer
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Song Not Available

Spotify UsernameossofficialPlanPremium/Family Country Canada DeviceDesktop / PCOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or Issue Majority of music on desktop version of spotify say "This song is not available" and i cannot listen to them, although if i...

• Spotify Username ossofficial Plan Premium/Family  Country  Canada   Device Desktop / PC Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue  Majority of music on ...
  • Luke
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes