Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Desktop (Windows)

Discuss Spotify for Windows

Start a topic

Forum Posts

Desktop: Jam now available

Spotify is bringing Jam to the desktop app! 拾 ️ Now you can start or join a listening party with your friends, family, colleagues, and classmates, with the Spotify desktop app in addition to the mobile app. Although you can listen on your own, Jam in...

Start Jam Menu - Desktop App.png Queue Right Sidebar.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • crawford13x
  • Regular
  • 60 replies
  • 21 likes
  • 60 replies
  • 21 likes

Desktop: New "Now Playing View" sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new "Now Playing View" sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player to go along with the recently released "Your Library" sidebar. Together, the individually customizable design of these new views provides a richer experience, m...

• Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • rossisdead
  • Roadie
  • 240 replies
  • 20 likes
  • 240 replies
  • 20 likes

New Your Library sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new Your Library sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player. The new Your Library sidebar is rolling out to all desktop users now, so you will be seeing it soon if you haven't already. The new Your Library sidebar improves nav...

Sidebar Tips.png Desktop Sidebar Compact View.png Compact Layout.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes

[Troubleshooting] Windows

Having trouble with the Spotify desktop app? Here’s a step-by-step guide to help get things working again. What to try first Perform a soft reset (generally rebooting the device will suffice). If that doesn’t help, try a clean reinstall. Be sure to l...

• Spotify Legend
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes
  • Mac
    Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes

Superuser Contribution Don't play this song / artist

I keep having the same issue with my premium account where I select "Don't play this song or this artist" and the song disappears from the list but then moments later it reappears. How do I stop this from happening every time I want to remove a song ...

• Casual Listener
  • I keep having the same issue with my premium account where I select "Don't play this song or this artist" and the song disappears from the list but then moments later it reappears.  How do I sto...
  • amischian03
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify repeats the queue on shuffle?

This is an issue i've seen in forums since 2012 and nothing has been done about it. The shuffle queue repeats itself over and over and over, and starts on the same point every time you restart your PC. It's maddening when your playlist is multiple ho...

•      This is an issue i've seen in forums since 2012 and nothing has been done about it. The shuffle queue repeats itself over and over and over, and starts on the same point every tim...
  • erithom
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Hello my spotify desktop keeps freezing on the premium commercial and some others

I really like Spotify and I listen a lot, the ads don't bother me, in fact I like hearing them because it introduces new music and things that are helpful. I am wondering why my spotify desktop freezes on premium advertisements. Some play and some do...

• Casual Listener
  • I really like Spotify and I listen a lot, the ads don't bother me, in fact I like hearing them because it introduces new music and things that are helpful. I am wondering why my spotify desktop freez...
  • Scarletrayven
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes

Was getting "offline error code 4", now worse.

Well, after upgrading to the latest greatest version of the app tonight at work, I get the 'error code:4' message. I found a few threads, tried all sorts of sketchy half-hearted workarounds (I should not have to modify my network settings that work p...

• Casual Listener
  • Well, after upgrading to the latest greatest version of the app tonight at work, I get the 'error code:4' message.  I found a few threads, tried all sorts of sketchy half-hearted workarounds (I ...
  • Dainbramage77
  • Casual Listener
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes

Solved!! Blank Screen

Last week after an update to Spotify, it would open but just be a blank screen. So I contacted Spotify Cares on Facebook. They had me do the followingRestart my router.uninstall the app from Control Panel > Programs.Delete the "Spotify" folder in %Ap...

• Casual Listener
  • Last week after an update to Spotify, it would open but just be a blank screen.  So I contacted Spotify Cares on Facebook. They had me do the following Restart my router. uninstall&...
  • Seanjohnsn
  • Casual Listener
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

URI Codes

I can't seem to get URI codes to put up on a website. I read some of the articles in this community about it, yet no one actually provides an answer as to how to do it. It is said if you have the URL link it's easy to find the URI, so apparently i'm ...

• I can't seem to get URI codes to put up on a website. I read some of the articles in this community about it, yet no one actually provides an answer as to how to do it. It is said if you have the URL...
  • Sebasty
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 5 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 5 likes

Solved!! Playing music off friend activity list is spotty

What I mean by spotty... some tracks play while others do not. Really annoying that some music just doesn't work.

• Regular
  • What I mean by spotty... some tracks play while others do not.  Really annoying that some music just doesn't work.
  • Westawn
  • Regular
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

My Spotify Applications keeps stopping and Hangs on Adverts.

I have been on Spotify Premium for a Year, and I decided to change back to Spotify Free, because I got tired of listening to Repeat music Non-Stop, It just felt like I only listen to music and somehow cut out from the outside world, Just like the Rad...

• I have been on Spotify Premium for a Year, and I decided to change back to Spotify Free, because I got tired of listening to Repeat music Non-Stop, It just felt like I only listen to music and s...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

How Remove Spotify & Why on My Machine

I run a very lean and fast PC with mostly business associated programs and I am the only user as it located in my home office. All installed programs are carefully controlled and Spotify is certainly never anything that would have ever been intention...

• I run a very lean and fast PC with mostly business associated programs and I am the only user as it located in my home office. All installed programs are carefully controlled and Spotify is certainly...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

how to install spotify on a disk other than c ?

it's pretty frustrating that I can't choose the installation disk any ideas how i supouse to do that ? thanks for help

• it's pretty frustrating that I can't choose the installation disk 😕 any ideas how i supouse to do that ? thanks for help 😉
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Find hidden original albums

There are various ways to find hidden albums on Spotify. The most efficient way might be Google search. Usually problem is missing link between album and artist page which Spotify should fix. Basically the solution requires finding a link to the albu...

• Casual Listener
  • There are various ways to find hidden albums on Spotify. The most efficient way might be Google search. Usually problem is missing link between album and artist page which Spotify should fix.  ...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Playlist - Every playlist I create adds "2" after the name

Hi, Everytime save an album from an artist, Spotify automaticly adds the number "2" behind the name, for example "Aisha Devi – DNA Feelings 2". I know this happens when you have another playlist already saved with the name artist/band/playlist name, ...

• Regular
  • Hi,   Everytime save an album from an artist, Spotify automaticly adds the number "2" behind the name, for example "Aisha Devi – DNA Feelings 2". I know this happens when you have another play...
  • 0 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 3 likes

Is there a way to move specific playlist line to the front line not by dragging it?

Hi, I got a long list in my playlist in and I want from time to time to move specific playlist line to the front line of the list. I can do it by dragging the line to the front but in my case the playlist is quite a long one and I'm after a quick eas...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi, I got a long list in my playlist in and I want from time to time to move specific playlist line to the front line of the list. I can do it by dragging the line to the front but in my case the pla...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

OVO Lushlife Residential Apartments and Garden Apartments Undri, Pune

OVO Lushlife Residential Apartments and Garden Apartments Undri, Pune OVO LushlifeOVO Lushlife Reviews Residential Apartments and Garden Apartments Undri, Pune OVO Lushlife ReviewsOVO Lushlife Reviews 2 BHK, 3 BHK and 4 BHK Luxury Apartments OVO Lush...

• Casual Listener
  • OVO Lushlife Residential Apartments and Garden Apartments Undri, Pune OVO Lushlife OVO Lushlife Reviews Residential Apartments and Garden Apartments Undri, Pune OVO Lushlife Reviews OVO Lushli...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Account
    Desktop
    Windows
    Windows 10
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify not saving last played song

So recently I've been having this issue on Spotify desktop where I would start listening to a playlist, everything works great for a couple of days, then one day no matter how far I progress in the playlist, it will keep returning to one song. The on...

• So recently I've been having this issue on Spotify desktop where I would start listening to a playlist, everything works great for a couple of days, then one day no matter how far I progress in the p...
  • 0 replies
  • 9 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 9 likes

Spotify automatically playing music on Iphone despite the app being closed

For the last month or so, my iPhone will automatically open spotify and plays songs and even more annoyingly, whilst I´m listening to music in the gym or wherever, the Spotify app will just automatically skip songs and it is massively annoying! Even ...

• For the last month or so, my iPhone will automatically open spotify and plays songs and even more annoyingly, whilst I´m listening to music in the gym or wherever, the Spotify app will just automatic...
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes

Desktop app consumes too much memory

The computer application consumes too much RAM. The problem occurs after visiting several artist sites or playlists. The application sometimes clogs to the point that the progress bar of the song does not move and stutter when mixing between songs. T...

• Regular
  • The computer application consumes too much RAM. The problem occurs after visiting several artist sites or playlists. The application sometimes clogs to the point that the progress bar of the song doe...
  • zfc2us3fimm4yys
  • Casual Listener
  • 3 replies
  • 3 likes
  • Desktop
  • 3 replies
  • 3 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify kills my Internet connection

i have had this problem for some time now.Every time i start Spotify my Internect connection dies within 30 Seconds.Iam Using a Killer Xeno Pro network Card. Apearently these two dont like each other.I have tried reaching out to The support, but as f...

• i have had this problem for some time now. Every time i start Spotify my Internect connection dies within 30 Seconds. Iam Using a Killer Xeno Pro network Card. Apearently these two dont like e...
  • Alfredo
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes