Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Desktop (Windows)

Discuss Spotify for Windows

Start a topic

Forum Posts

Desktop: Jam now available

Spotify is bringing Jam to the desktop app! 拾 ️ Now you can start or join a listening party with your friends, family, colleagues, and classmates, with the Spotify desktop app in addition to the mobile app. Although you can listen on your own, Jam in...

Start Jam Menu - Desktop App.png Queue Right Sidebar.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • pastasås
  • Casual Listener
  • 66 replies
  • 23 likes
  • 66 replies
  • 23 likes

Desktop: New "Now Playing View" sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new "Now Playing View" sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player to go along with the recently released "Your Library" sidebar. Together, the individually customizable design of these new views provides a richer experience, m...

• Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • tunaman_jim
  • Gig Goer
  • 249 replies
  • 21 likes
  • 249 replies
  • 21 likes

New Your Library sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new Your Library sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player. The new Your Library sidebar is rolling out to all desktop users now, so you will be seeing it soon if you haven't already. The new Your Library sidebar improves nav...

Sidebar Tips.png Desktop Sidebar Compact View.png Compact Layout.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes

[Troubleshooting] Windows

Having trouble with the Spotify desktop app? Here’s a step-by-step guide to help get things working again. What to try first Perform a soft reset (generally rebooting the device will suffice). If that doesn’t help, try a clean reinstall. Be sure to l...

• Spotify Legend
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes
  • Mac
    Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes

Spotify not updating my/my friends activity

For the last couple days, my Spotify desktop app hasn't been publishing my listening activity and the majority of my friends activity. It seems to only publish the listening history for a few of my friends when they use the app on their mobiles, but ...

• For the last couple days, my Spotify desktop app hasn't been publishing my listening activity and the majority of my friends activity. It seems to only publish the listening history for a few of my f...
  • kokopeli
  • 19 replies
  • 38 likes
  • 19 replies
  • 38 likes

Video playing upside down in Windows Spotify Client (1.0.80.474.gef6b503e)

Bug Details: Windows Spotify Client (1.0.80.474.gef6b503e)Windows 10 Operating SystemUser Account: barezinaIncident Date: (approx) 2018-05-12 00:25:00 UTC.Description: User played the song 'No Tears to Cry - Ariana Grande', and the video played in th...

• Bug Details:   Windows Spotify Client (1.0.80.474.gef6b503e) Windows 10 Operating System User Account: barezina Incident Date: (approx) 2018-05-12 00:25:00 UTC. Description: User played t...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

A Windows Store installation of Spotify was found in your system.

I'm trying to install spotify desktop version (not windows store app) and cannot do it.I get this error. "A Windows Store installation of Spotify was found in your system. Please uninstall that version first, or update through the Windows Store" I ha...

• Music Fan
  • I'm trying to install spotify desktop version (not windows store app) and cannot do it. I get this error.     "A Windows Store installation of Spotify was found in your system.  Pl...
  • MasicoreLord
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 6 likes

Superuser Contribution How to Clear Queue?

I am currently not able to clear my que. What can I do to fix this?

• Casual Listener
  • I am currently not able to clear my que. What can I do to fix this?
  • 5Flux
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Ads freeze on PC application Windows 10

For a couple days now I've been experiencing an issue where nearly every time an ad plays, the application freezes and won't continue the ad or the music on its own. Pushing pause, then play, causes it to play the ad and continue the music.

• Casual Listener
  • For a couple days now I've been experiencing an issue where nearly every time an ad plays, the application freezes and won't continue the ad or the music on its own. Pushing pause, then play, causes ...
  • Luke
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Free
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Can't see my friends activity or they can't see mine

So, for 7 days, I was not able to see my friends' activity. They can't see mine either. I'm not in offline mode or in a private sesion... Any answer? Thanks a lot!

• So, for 7 days, I was not able to see my friends' activity. They can't see mine either. I'm not in offline mode or in a private sesion... Any answer? Thanks a lot!
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 7 replies
  • 5 likes
  • 7 replies
  • 5 likes

Radio doesn't work

I'm getting "Error" Failed to Load when i hit the Radio button. Anybody else getting this or know the cause? Same problem on my Iphone...

• Casual Listener
  • I'm getting "Error" Failed to Load when i hit the Radio button.  Anybody else getting this or know the cause?  Same problem on my Iphone...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

The Mars Volta Viscera Eyes Wrong Version

Unsure if this is a good place to post this, but I've noticed an issue recently with the album (Amputechture) version of the song Viscera Eyes, specifically that it's the single version of the song and not the album version. This problem seems relati...

• Casual Listener
  • Unsure if this is a good place to post this, but I've noticed an issue recently with the album (Amputechture) version of the song Viscera Eyes, specifically that it's the single version of the song a...
  • Andromeda151
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Problema Feed Amici

Ciao a tutti!Sono circa 7 giorni che il feed amici non si aggiorna, compaiono soltanto due amici (nonostante il fatto che ne abbia più di 50) e i loro ascolti si sono fermati a 7 giorni fa (nonostante il fatto che ascoltano musica abitualmente).Il mi...

• Ciao a tutti!Sono circa 7 giorni che il feed amici non si aggiorna, compaiono soltanto due amici (nonostante il fatto che ne abbia più di 50) e i loro ascolti si sono fermati a 7 giorni fa (nonostant...
  • simona_
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes

Spotify Hi-Fi

Hi All, I came accross below article today and I'm wondering what do I need to do to become a tester? If there's a possibilty of adding me to the list of testers or some kind of waiting list then Spotify please do! Can't wait for you guys to finally ...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi All,   I came accross below article today and I'm wondering what do I need to do to become a tester? If there's a possibilty of adding me to the list of testers or some kind of waiting list...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Adding Songs That are not on Spotify

So I have a large amount of songs on my computer at home but I am on my phone, at work, or with someone else and want them to play some music but some songs are not there for anyone except me. Is there a work around for this? 1. Can I recommend addin...

• So I have a large amount of songs on my computer at home but I am on my phone, at work, or with someone else and want them to play some music but some songs are not there for anyone except me. Is the...
  • JackBeau
  • Composer
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Struggling to Scrobble/last.fm from spotify

Hello, I noticed my scrobbler for last.fm wasn't recording my tracks a few days ago and I was wondering if anyone else is having this issue too? I checked a few other threads that suggested trying to put spotify in private mode, offline mode, signing...

• Casual Listener
  • Hello, I noticed my scrobbler for last.fm wasn't recording my tracks a few days ago and I was wondering if anyone else is having this issue too?   I checked a few other threads that suggested ...
  • Oliveeeeeeeeer
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 2 likes

Web Player don't work

Hi everyone, when I load the web page of Spotify web player, it become black/grey and every button disappears... as if it had not loaded the page...Someone else with the same problem? What happen? Thx all for the support.

• Hi everyone, when I load the web page of Spotify web player, it become black/grey and every button disappears... as if it had not loaded the page... Someone else with the same problem? What happen? ...
  • jylipaa
  • Music Fan
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Sorting algorithm fault an inconsistent between desktop and android

It seem not possible to open an issue any longer so I post here instead. I would like to bump the following issue that is closed for some reason.https://community.spotify.com/t5/Ongoing-Issues/Sorting-algorithm-faulty-on-desktop/idc-p/4366157#M67093 ...

• Roadie
  • It seem not possible to open an issue any longer so I post here instead. I would like to bump the following issue that is closed for some reason. https://community.spotify.com/t5/Ongoing-Issues/Sort...
  • bosi
  • Roadie
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • sorting
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Editing playlist details does not grab the whole keyboard any longer

As of 1.0.77.338.g758ebd78 something the function for editing playlist details "Edit Details" has changed. While editing, if I press for example Shift-Left arrow to select text or Control-Left arrow to jump one word, spotify will instead skip to the ...

• Roadie
  • As of 1.0.77.338.g758ebd78 something the function for editing playlist details "Edit Details" has changed. While editing, if I press for example Shift-Left arrow to select text or Control-Left a...
  • bosi
  • Roadie
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify is STILL opening at startup no matter what you do, FIX IT

Why is this so hard to fix? Or are you just trying to get rid of all of your customers? It's been ongoing issue for YEARS. Get your priorities together ffs. No matter what you do, no matter what settings you change, spotify will always start when win...

• Casual Listener
  • Why is this so hard to fix? Or are you just trying to get rid of all of your customers? It's been ongoing issue for YEARS. Get your priorities together ffs. No matter what you do, no matter what sett...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

equalizer

i need a sound equalizer on the desktop version... only that

• i need a sound equalizer on the desktop version... only that
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Local Files

how do get my local files on my computer that are already in playlists to play on my phone

• Casual Listener
  • how do get my local files on my computer that are already in playlists to play on my phone
  • bhobs
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Web Player plays one song at a time and stops

I can't even just click over and press play either...it doesn't work. I have to refresh the page and then press play. Every song, what the heck?

• I can't even just click over and press play either...it doesn't work.  I have to refresh the page and then press play.  Every song, what the heck?
  • r3d4cted
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes