Premium

Country

USA

Device

Pixel 6/Acer Nitro 5

Operating System

Android 12/Windows 11

My Question or Issue

For the last couple of weeks, I have had an issue with the Spotify Connect feature on desktop. When wanting to sync playback from my PC to my phone or vice versa, it simply does not work. It acts as if I'm logged in to different accounts. This is especially strange because both the web app and my Surface Pro 6 (running the same version of windows) have no issue syncing. Any help would be greatly appreciated

7 Replies

pieee

Same happens to me with my google home, I can't block artists either.

OscarDC

Hey folks,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community.

This type of issues are usually caused by stored cache in most of the cases. We'd first recommend performing a clean reinstall of the app. This is often an overlooked step, but it’s more thorough than a regular one and can be helpful to get rid of any cache that might be causing trouble. 

If the issue persists, would you mind installing the Microsoft Store version of the app to see if it makes any difference? This will give us a better look.

Lastly for @pieee, you can prevent music for a specific artist to be played using your mobile app. You can do this by going to the Artist page > 3-dot menu > Don't play this. The songs for that artist may still show up in recommendations, but the track will be skipped. 

Hope this helps. We'll be waiting for your response. 

OscarDCModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Uc

Ive tried both solutions but the problem still remains

Alex

Hi there @Uc,

Thanks for getting back to us.

Hmm, can you let us know if you're using any type of VPN or school/ work network on your main PC? This can sometimes cause such issues.

Something else you can try is to connect your phone and PC to a mobile hotspot network and check if the apps are in sync. This way you can test if it's a network issue at all.

Keep us posted on how you get on.

AlexModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Uc

Any update? A new thing that started happening is that I now cannot even play songs from search on desktop. This is very dissapointing 

Uc

Oh sorry I didn't see the prior reply. No, I am not on school wifi or a VPN. Using a mobile hotspot also does not work.

AndresM

Hey @Uc,

Thanks for your last reply.

If you have any firewalls, or process ending apps/programs installed, we suggest disabling those to test for now and check if this persists when having both devices connected to the same WiFi network. Make sure the proxy settings are set to default.

Let us know how it goes.

AndresMModerator
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
"Music touches us emotionally, where words alone can't." -Henry Thoreau

Suggested posts