Announcements

Spotify Connect and integrations not working on PC

Solved!

Spotify Connect and integrations not working on PC

My PC has Spotify installed and is connected to my home network via LAN cable. When I click the Connect button, nothing shows up (I have 3 Bose speakers in my home connected to the same network as my PC, plus my iPhone when I have the app open). I can even play songs via Spotify on my iPhone and computer AT THE SAME TIME on the SAME ACCOUNT.

As well as that, what's being played on my PC won't show up in my Discord status, and it's also not scrobbling to LastFM, but when I play something on my phone, it streams perfectly to both platforms. It's like my desktop app is completely isolated from everything when on LAN.

Another note, when I connect my PC to Wi-Fi, everything mentioned above works perfectly fine. I don't want to use Wi-Fi on my desktop though.

These integrations and Spotify Connect always worked up until last week. I even tried reinstalling the desktop app 3 times and re-integrating the 3rd party apps to access my account, to no avail.

Someone please help me before I pull my hair out.

Plan

Premium

Device

Desktop PC, iPhone 8 Plus

Operating System

Windows 10 Home

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

That didn't work either, however I have fixed it by adding a proxy from within the Spotify settings on my PC. It's a big workaround but atleast everything streams to the 3rd parties again. I hope an update or something fixes it so I don't have to use this workaround anymore, but for now we're good!

View solution in original post

7 Replies

Hey @Palace, welcome to the Spotify Community!

This is odd. We know you already tried it, but can you reinstall Spotify one more time by following these steps.

Also, we'd like you to restart your router or WiFi connection before trying again.

Let us know if that helps.

JulianModerator

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

Marked as solution

That didn't work either, however I have fixed it by adding a proxy from within the Spotify settings on my PC. It's a big workaround but atleast everything streams to the 3rd parties again. I hope an update or something fixes it so I don't have to use this workaround anymore, but for now we're good!

Hey @Palace.

We're glad to hear it's up and running after this workaround. We'll pass this info on to the right team.

If anything else comes up, feel free to open a new thread.

Cheers.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”
― Maria Augusta von Trapp

Just for the record: I managed to fix the same issue via the proxy settings too, but by explicitly telling Spotify not to use any proxy (before that it was set on "auto")

What should i put in the proxy settings same issue, when on lan does not connect to phone, no discord activity exactly like the complaint

Hi Rakeen,

The proxy I used was part of my NordVPN subscription. Most paid VPN’s offer a proxy service.

Understandably you shouldn’t have to use a third party program to listen to music on your computer. I recommend you try reinstalling your LAN drivers.

As you might be able to see from my post history on this forum, this issue started to get worse because my Spotify stopped detecting an internet connection entirely after a while. I eventually solved this issue by resetting and reinstalling my entire Windows 10, which was overdue anyway because of slow performance. You could try this as a last resort option if nothing else fixes your issue.

Hope my answer is of value to you.

Hey Palace,

Thanks for the quick reply. I am able to play music just that I cant see any status on discord or play with someone else if I dont connect to the same network my phone is on. Like of I connect my pc to the router it works but when on LAN it doesn't. Do you have any other suggestions? 

Suggested posts