Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify Connect not working desktop

Spotify Connect not working desktop

Hi

My desktop app (Windows) isn't synchronizing the playing music by Spotify Connect. In phone app and the browser works fine, but in the desktop version not works.

I already tried to reinstall (Microsoft Store and Spotify Website) and not fix.

Version Spotify for Windows 1.2.5.1006.g22820f93
Windows 10
Brazil
58 Replies

I hope they fix it in the next update, it just can't stay that way.

UPDATE

I disabled hardware acceleration by clicking the 3 dots at the top left in the app -> View -> Hardware Acceleration.

If it has a tick mark next to it, clicking on Hardware Acceleration will disable it.

The app was automatically restarted and detected by my mobile!

It has finally been solved!

I solve the problema update my Windows 10 to Windows 11.

Thanks everything!

Same here - On the same PC,  Web-Browser Version (open.spotify.com) works -  Desktopapp doesn't

The phone (android version 13TKQ.220829.002) and the app on the pc (win10) working separately - I can listen different music and the applications doesn't synchronizing. but if I turn it on web (PC win10) it works fine and successfully pairs. The problem with the win10 app persists even after reinstalling all apps (both: on phone and wind10). I tried every possible solution that I've found on the internet and nothing helped. So what I tried:
1. reinstall all apps to latest versions.
2. restart router.
3. changed dns.
4. turn of all firewals.
5. desktop app settings - set to default (auto-detect).
6. neither whne the vpn turned off or on there were no difference, the problem persist.
7. was reinstalled win10 and did a factory reset (on phone) and the program performance was no different, also after all updates the problem persists.
9. etc.
and I CAN NOT update my win10 into win11, because they has other problems that are not handled and in my opinion win11 are not stable yet. 

UPDATE

I disabled hardware acceleration on the app -> View -> Hardware Acceleration (after disabled it, app restarted). the problem persists. and the devices (app on PC and android) woks separately.

UPDATE

when I listen music on PC (win10) there is no activity presented on discord app (activity status). But when the listening on web or phone, there is no problem. 

Hey there folks,

Thank you for your replies in this thread.

We really appreciate the time you took to post and report here. We've reported this issue to the right folks, who'll look into it.

We'll keep you posted as soon as we have any new information to share. In the meantime, make sure to always keep the app up to date with the latest version, so you don't miss out any fixes and stability improvements.

If anything else comes up, the Community will be here for you 🙂

LyubkaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

I have the same issue and have tried all the options listed in this thread. But I have noted something however. If I start the web player and choose web player under device the app starts up and now shows devices and also informs that I'm now listening on Web Player. This indicates that this is an issue related to device settings in Spotify.

Plan

Free

Operating System

Windows 10

My Question or Issue

So i've been having this issue for months already and it's annoying me. It seems like the desktop app's playback is not synced to any other devices. I can't find my desktop on my mobile device or web app, it doesn't detect when i play something on my desktop and vice versa (the mobile app and web app are synced and work just fine).

Furthermore i can only play music on the desktop app that are in my playlists or else the playback would just grey out and nothing plays. App connections like last fm, discord also don't register listening activities on the app.

I have tried rebooting, clearing cache, logging out, performing clean reinstall, tried the microsoft store spotify, etc... and the issue still persist. I'm currently having the latest spotify version, i've installed old versions of spotify before and somehow they worked but they got updated every time I closed spotify. This issue is also on my desktop computer only while my laptop's works just fine. Any ideas?

Same issue for me - any news on when a fix may be implemented on the Desktop App?

Here's what worked for me. Try these in increasing order of complexity / potential risk to see if they fix the issue for you:

1. Sign out of and back into your Spotify account on the Spotify Connect device you're having trouble with. In my case, that was a MiniDSP SHD network player.

- Restart Windows and Spotify and see if that helps.

2. Turn on "network discovery and file sharing" by following these instructions from Microsoft: File sharing over a network in Windows -> How do I turn on network discovery?

-  Restart Windows and Spotify and see if that helps.

3.  Mark the connection you use for your home network  s a "Private Network" in Windows by following these instructions from Microsoft: Make a Wi-Fi network public or private in Windows

4. Disable the Windows Defender Firewall for "Private Networks" by following these instructions from Microsoft: Turn Microsoft Defender Firewall on or off

I wouldn't recommend leaving off Windows Defender Firewall, but at least if you do this only for networks you've marked as "Private", it'll still be on if you e.g. go to a cafe and connect to public wifi.

Hey there!

While this is still being looked into, for anyone new, please let us know the rough time and date of when you first noticed the issue 🙂

And thank you for the detailed step-by-step, @seanp2k
We'll keep you folks posted 🙌🏼

VasilModerator
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

I have a similar issue. My Spotify Connect has the device (Marantz NA-11S1) but can not connect successfully.  

Same issue on all my devices. Include PC/MacBook/iPad/iPhone. It only happened recently - after some Spotify update. 

I tried all possible ways to solve it. But no clue. 

There should be an issue on Spotify's side. - Please solve it ASAP. Thanks.

Hey @Z2000,

Thanks for joining the discussion!

Could you confirm you've gone over the steps mentioned by @seanp2k?
I'd also check if there are any pending firmware updates for your Marantz device 🙂

Should the issue persist after this, as it's affecting all of your devices, I'd also check if using a different internet connection would make a difference!

Keep us posted on how things go 👨‍🍳

VasilModerator
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

I have tried all possible methods and nothing changes. if I play music through the web player, then everything is fine. if through the app - no one is bound. I pay money and no one fixes the problem, which has been going on for years. I am very disappointed with the services. no help from the support team, we are left to solve our own problems and we still pay them a salary.

today, after a long time, I tried to fix the problem again, and only after reinstalling the app and authorizing I get an error:
`
upstream connect error or disconnect/reset before headers. reset reason: overflow
`
the strangest thing is that the connection succeeded in the app, but the problem remains, no devices connect. these are BE's or FE's problems, not ours as users.

Hi Vasil.

Yes. I did. But it seems no help in my case. 

Also, there are no firmware issues. 

What do you mean by different internet connection? The Marantz has been connected to the router via cable for years. 

BTW. The iOS device can use airplay work with the Marantz 

Regards

HT

Hey there folks,

Thank you for keeping in touch.

We appreciate all the troubleshooting you've tried so far and all the details you've shared with us. Our developers have looked into this, but could not identify the issue on our end, so it's likely that the issue is with your individual set-up and we'd suggest that you get in touch with the manufacturer of the specific device about this. They know the specifics of each device and can help you further.

As models and specific set ups still work but from our end we cannot guarantee all devices will. This depends on multiple factors. Firmware updates on receivers/speakers and app updates from Spotify's end sometimes get out of tune which might cause issues.

We always work on improving the user's experience and we advise that you keep your Spotify up to date with the latest version, so that you don't miss out on any fixes and improvements.

Hope this helps. Take care 🙂

LyubkaModerator

this is still a problem 9 months on!

I would have thought it would be a simple fix to get the desktop app to sync with the web/phone one and display the same info. I still cant get the desktop app to play through the BT headphones i have connected to my phone. Guess i'll have to continue to use the web app 😞

Suggested posts