Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify won't go online even though I have an internet connection

Solved!

Spotify won't go online even though I have an internet connection

My spotify will not go online even though I have an internect connection on my desktop and it is not letting me listen to ANY of my music. I have tried logging out and logging back in, exiting the program, restarting my computer, almost everything. I am getting the Error Code:4. I hope someone can help, thanks.

Spotify 1.png
Spotify 2.png

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi.

Have you tried to fully reinstall Spotify? Just follow all steps described here 

If my post helped you to fix your problem, please press "Accept as Solution" button.

View solution in original post

10 Replies
Marked as solution

Hi.

Have you tried to fully reinstall Spotify? Just follow all steps described here 

If my post helped you to fix your problem, please press "Accept as Solution" button.

I don't know why I didn't think of that! It worked, thank you!

You're welcome. Happy easter.

I'm having the same issue - but when I followed the steps listed at that link I couldn't find either folder in the two places listed...

I uninstalled spotify, then reinstalled it, but its still not working....please help...fast

For some reason, anytime I'm having a communication issue with Spotify, I find it can be fixed by clearing the cache. Maybe a reinstall didn't clear the cache out

By default, the cache is located here: 

Windows: C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Local\Spotify\

OS X: /Users/USERNAME/Library/Caches/com.spotify.client/

Linux: ~/.cache/spotify/

First, completely close spotify.Create a backup of the cache folder "Storage" by renaming it. I renamed mine "StorageBackup" (this later can and should be deleted as long as nothing gets messed up in the meantime).

Restart spotify. It will recreate the storage folder and/or index.dat file as it tries to write to it. It SHOULD be working now. Don't forget to delete the backup folder!

I'm having this problem, but I am using the app on my iPod. I have tried deleting it and redownliading it, logging off and back on, and since I cannot reinstall the cache on my iPod, that one isn't going to work either. Help?

On mobile devices, there should be an option to clear you cache in Spotify settings. At least this is the case for Android--near the bottom of settings there's an option to "Delete cache and saved data" so see if that's available and try it.

Same

u cant change anything on settings until ur logged in and it wont let u log in or do anything when you click on anything it o ly says please go offline to log in...so how can u even get to settings???that makes no sense

Suggested posts