Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify won't let me play my friend's Chill Mix playlist

Spotify won't let me play my friend's Chill Mix playlist

Plan: Premium

Device: PC

Operating System: Windows 10

My Question or Issue

Here's a strange issue. A friend sent me a link via WhatsApp to their playlist called "Chill Mix" which they compiled themselves.  When I click on that link in the WhatsApp Windows application, it takes me to my Firefox browser, and shows me the list of songs. All good so far. Note that I am not logged in to the browser based Spotify. This is what their mix looks like:

Rocketmagnet_0-1690302026839.png

Then it also opens The Spotify desktop application. I am logged into this. However, the Chill Mix it shows me here is not the same list of songs! This Chill Mix is some list that Spotify has created for me. This is what that mix looks like:

Rocketmagnet_1-1690302067087.png

I cannot play the mix on the browser since I'm not logged in. If I log in on the browser, then it shows me the wrong mix.

How can I get Spotify to play me the correct Chill Mix made by my friend, instead of the one it made for me?

1 Reply

Hey @Rocketmagnet,

Thanks for posting in the Community.

You can look for the playlist on you friend's profile and start/follow it from there. The opened playlist defaults to your version, because those are personalized playlists that are generated for every account.

Hope this helps.

Cheers!

DianModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

Suggested posts