Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify won't open - 'application not responding'

Solved!

Spotify won't open - 'application not responding'

About a couple days ago my spotify decided it wasn't going to open. I click on the application, it bounces up and down but doesn't open. when I right click it, it comes up with 'application not responding'. I've just tried removing it and reinstalling it. the box with spotify in it appears and the spotify icon comes up again but still doesn't open. How can i fix this?

217 Replies

This worked! Thank you very much for the prompt and effective response.

@user-removed wrote:

This worked! Thank you very much for the prompt and effective response.

No problem! I have opened this as an issue with the Spotify team too 😉

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

I've been having the same exact issue. My application will not open. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling but it still won't open the program. I've tried multiple different wifi connections and nothing seems to do. Is there any other options?

Did you attempt to turn off your wifi connection and then launch Spotify? After I did this I was able to reconnect to my wifi and Spotify connected as well.

so strange... i use ethernet, not wifi.  reinstallation finished after i unplugged ethernet cable. mac 10.6.8

Must have something to do with internet connection. So weird...

Same exact problem. Reinstalling fails too.

I can confirm that not only turning off wifi, but unplugging my ethernet cable allowed for spotify to open up. It didn't work with just Wifi. But that's just a bandaid to the situation, hopefully an update comes out soon. 

thanks! for some reason it didnt work the first time, but i gave it another try and it went through.

Hey guys! I am using a MAC 10.6.3 and my Spotify just randomly stopped working as well. Thanks to whoever suggested the Wifi trick as it did work for me as well!

Hey guys, I can't use this fix because I already deleted the Spotify app in an attempt to download and reinstall it. Any ideas?

I was having the same issue.  I uninstalled and then I couldn't reinstall.  

Which browser are you using to install?  I was using Chrome but when I switched to Safari, it allowed me to install. 

I'm having this issue too. Just closed on its own earlier and have been unable to re-open the app ever since.

After uninstalling did you attempted to run the installer with your Internet connection turned off? I believe this may work. Download the installer then turn off your Internet connection, run the installer, launch the application, and then turn your Internet connection back on! Hope this works!

Thanks, yeah I was using Chrome. I'll try it out when I get home from work!

Me too !!! Whats going on ?!?

Same Problem.

Since Today Spotify won't start.

Mac OS X 10.6.8

I Tried downloading and reinstalling. Didn't work neither.

Pleaaaaase help, i neeed my music 😞

uhhh! thanks so much wishonpinkcars. that did work!!

I have had the same problem for the last few days too! I've tried all the delete, restart, reinstalling methods proposed in Spotify help. I have Mac 10.6.8. What's going on??

i've been having the same exact problem on mac 10.6.8. i've tried redownloading, restarting my computer, and even downloading an older version of spotify but nothing has worked. i also tried disconnecting my wifi but that didn't help either )): what the heck is going on......

Suggested posts