Country

Sweden

Device

(Samsung Galaxy S6, PC)

Operating System

(Android 7, Windows 10)

My Question or Issue

Hello!

My Windows Defender flagged the following file C:\Users\AppData\Local\Spotify\Data\e9\e9595c535c54b2ad17449a5343777019434fa4f4.file as a trojan of the type Trojan:Script/Foretype.A!ml(https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/wdsi/threats/malware-encyclopedia-description?Name=Trojan:Script/For...).

I've been listening to music through the Spotify client on my PC and Samsung Galaxy S6. I also visited the following website: https://summerburst.se/goteborg/artister/ which have implemented the Spotify web UI player. I did play a few tracks from that site. But I cannot remember in which order or what could have injected the potential trojan.

Any ideas on this one? Could it be a false positive?

Thanks in advance!

Top Answer
mosohodPeti
Composer

Hey there everyone! 
This is most likely a false positive. Make sure your Windows Defender's database is fully up to date, and check with a trusted antivirus if it still detects anything!
Let me know how things go! Have a great day! 🙂

24 Replies

Seems everyones code numbers are slightly different, same in the sense. This is my first alert from Windows Defender aswell, really hoping it's a false positive. I did a full re-scan on my PC and it no longer comes up on Windows Defender. Spotify is running perfectly ok. 

The file name is probably just an ID randomlt generated. Defender is supposed to remove the threat, so that it doesnt show up again is a good thing (:

Today's morning:
Continuing the discussion ...Hi! Sorry for the delay, but it was at night when I faced the problem. So, I go step to sleep. Currently, I have reinstalled the application and running the built-in win10 search engine without signing in. There is no error. After logging in, the firewall application jumped right away to make unauthorized communication a spotify ... so I didn't pass the spotify.exe on the firewall ... and peace of mind on the part of the defender, but not peace on me! That's why you should start with this because this bug has come after the last update! Best regards, John

Hey folks,

Thanks for reporting this to us.

We've passed this on to the right team, who are now looking into it.

We'll let you know as soon as we have any updates on this.

In the meantime, make sure to click + VOTE if you're experiencing this.

Thanks!

Marked as solution

Hey there folks, 

Thanks for taking the time to report this here in the Community!

We can assure you that Spotify is safe to use.

No worries, our support teams will be more than happy to take a closer look and investigate why this happened. You can do so by heading here.

We'd also suggest having a zip with the suspicious file available so you can pass it on to the right teams when they reply to you.

Hope this helps! Don't hesitate to give us a shout if there's anything else we can help with.

Have a lovely day 🙂

KaterinaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself! 

Suggested posts