Volume changes up and down during all solng

Solved!
Highlighted

Volume changes up and down during all solng

Every time I listen to songs, the volume goes up and down and up and down again.. Anyone know why - and more important, how to fix it?

Thanx..

Anne

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Solution!

Re: FIX the F-ING VOLUME CHANGING PROBLEM!!!

Spotify Legend
benturco - I noticed a split second change for me on my windows machine at home when opening up Skype once. Do you have that, or some other chat system, open at all?

Another thing you might want to take a look at is the audio enhancements within Windows. Here's a guide on how to find them - http://technicallyeasy.net/2010/09/how-to-disable-audio-enhancements-windows-7/
Airhorn Enthusiast

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Solution!

Re: Volume changes up and down during all solng

Oh goodness, this was the only thread that helped me solve my volume variability. Thanks for the input, everyone! I usually listen to music while working and the changes in volume was starting to affect my productivity.

I have an HP Elitebook 840 for work and was a bit heartbroken when I couldn't find "SRS Premium Sound PRO" in my Control Panel. BUT WAIT, there's "DTS Audio Control Panel"!

dts.PNG

I clicked on "Listening Experience" and then UNCHECKED THAT SUCKER.

dts2.PNG

All good now! 🙂

100 Replies
Highlighted

Re: Volume changes up and down during all solng

Yeah I have been the same issue. I checked my computer (Macbook Pro 2011 edition) and it's not my sound card hardware configuartions. My itunes is not affected by this. Just my Spotify.

Anyone else figure it out?

Also what kind of computer do you use?

Highlighted

FIX the F-ING VOLUME CHANGING PROBLEM!!!

Hey Spotify, how about addressing this?  I'd love to continue using your service, but make it f-ing usable!!!

It is NOT usable when you have to continually adjust the volume levels to compensate for the f-ing idiotic automatically adjusting volume levels.  The volume gets way too loud, so I manually turn it down.  Then the volume gets way too low, so I have to manually adjust it bck up again, in the f-ing middle of the songs!!!  WTF!!!  

Checking, or unchecking the "SET THE SAME VOLUME LEVEL FOR ALL TRACKS" setting makes no difference.  What's up???  

Look how long ago this question was posted and no f-ing response yet!?!?

Highlighted

Anyone found a solution to this? It's irritating like hell..

edit: and I cant adjust the volume up and down, it only goes down for a couple of seconds and then back up again. Adjusting it for a couple of seconds every time the volume drops would be a full time job and that kind of ruins the program

Highlighted

Casual Listener

Same problem, and just started yesterday. How to fix this?

Highlighted

Spotify Legend
In the past, issues like this have been resolved by some of the settings within Windows.

Try going to the following - Control Panel > Sound > Communications - And taking a look at the check boxes here. There should be one that says "Do not adjust volume" or "Do nothing - Ensure that this is ticked. Hopefully this should stop the volume from messing around!
Airhorn Enthusiast
Highlighted

Casual Listener

Thank you, this worked. I had the "reduce the volume of other sounds by 80%" chosen for some reason. 

It was really annoying but now it is fixed. 

Highlighted

Spotify Legend
Povara - Glad to hear that it's working! How about you other guys?
Airhorn Enthusiast
Highlighted

still doing it for me after that adjustment

Highlighted
Solution!

Spotify Legend
benturco - I noticed a split second change for me on my windows machine at home when opening up Skype once. Do you have that, or some other chat system, open at all?

Another thing you might want to take a look at is the audio enhancements within Windows. Here's a guide on how to find them - http://technicallyeasy.net/2010/09/how-to-disable-audio-enhancements-windows-7/
Airhorn Enthusiast

SUGGESTED POSTS