When I launch Spotify Premium desktop application, I get the following error:

« Une erreur s'est produite.
Essayez de recharger la page.

Recharger la page »

Which I would traduce in English as:

“An error occurred.

Try to reload the page.

Reload the page.”

If I click on “Reload the page”, nothing happens.

I can't do anything. The only thing I can do is quitting the application.

I tried uninstalling and reinstalling the application, it doesn't help.

I am using Spotify for Windows version 1.1.97.692.

The web application (using Chrome) is working fine.

Spotify_p0H10PtrB4.png

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Rebooting Windows fixed this issue!

Sorry for pointlessly reporting this issue.

View solution in original post

9 Replies

Can you try clearing the cache by pressing Ctrl + P. Let's see if that will solve the problem.

Hitting Ctrl+P doesn't do anything.

I can access to the menu from the top left, but clicking on any element does nothing.

The only thing I can do is clicking on the “Reload on the page” big button in the middle, but it just blinks and does nothing.

Marked as solution

Rebooting Windows fixed this issue!

Sorry for pointlessly reporting this issue.

How did you login to your Spotify account? Are you running on Windows 11? Try resetting the app by going to Setting -> Apps -> Installed Apps. Locate Spotify then click the 3 dots. Click Advance Options then scroll down and click reset.

That's cool!

When you say you reboot windows, do you mean you just reset your PC? I'm having the same issue.

I believe @Lindorf means restarting the machine. Turning it off then turning it back on.

Here is what I did exactly:

• Uninstall Spotify.
  • Download the latest Spotify installer, and install Spotify.
  • Restart the computer.

I appreciate the attempt at helping. That didn't work either. I have been bouncing back and forth between this issue, and one where the spotify desktop app (windows 10) would open but not work (playlists grayed out, liked songs not playing). I just tried "signing out everywhere" from the account page on spotify.com but that didn't working. Still getting the above screen when open the desktop app.

I have tried clean uninstalling, and a slew of things on my pc such as resetting network drivers, resetting my modem, etc. Right now it's locked at the screen like above, though. Web app, mobile app, xbox app all work. 

Edit: I tried switching to my work phone's mobile hotspot. That's seems to remediate any issues. Still not totally sure what is going on here, but I'm lead to believe it's something with my network from my ISP. Still trying to figure out what's going on on that side. 

Suggested posts