Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

"Spotify can't play this right now. If you have the file on your computer you can import it,:

"Spotify can't play this right now. If you have the file on your computer you can import it,:

Plan

Premium

Country

United States

Device

Desktop PC

Operating System

Windows 10

My Question or Issue

Okay, so I was trying to play music on Spotify, so I would pick a song out of my playlist, but then it would go crazy, it would start picking random songs, and then it would stop, and it would display a message saying "Spotify can't play this right now. If you have the file on your computer you can import it."

5 Replies

Hey there @kyjgohr

thanks for reaching out to the community!

Sorry to hear you're having an issue but no worries, i'm here to help.

Can you please try using your account on a different device and confirm if you're experiencing the same issue on it as well ?

Regardless, performing a clean reinstall of the app tends to do the trick in these cases.

You can follow the steps here to perform it correctly.

Waiting on your update 😃

No, the app works on my other devices.

Hey @kyjgohr,

thanks for updating me!

I would have to ask for a bit more info on the issue.

Does it happen all the time? Are there any patterns to the behaviour, or is it seemingly random?

Please trying a different network connection and see if that changes anything.

In addition, try reinstalling the app both from the Microsoft Store and directly from the Spotify website.

Let me know how it goes 🙂

Whats your soundcard bitrate set to?

I've been having a lot of issues recently with high bitrates. Although not officially supported above 192k, my workaround has been to set the bitrate down to 96k then start playing a track (which works), then put the bitrate back to what it was (which then continues working).

Hello kyjgohr,

So i noticed that problem in a music that i like very much, with a little research I found out that those songs that have a darker title than the others, which I don't really know if it's the case. Are songs that Spotify doesn't own rights to in your country or because the label that distributes the artist took Spotify's rights. It can be temporary or permanent. The thing is, don't stress about it, it's in everyone's app. It's sad, and maybe kinda lame, but there's no solution other than wait for Spotify to fix a way of getting the rights.

Here goes a link, number 5 is about this topic: https://community.spotify.com/t5/Content-Questions/Music-FAQs-You-want-to-read-this-first/m-p/440574...

I hope I could help! Have a nice day!

Suggested posts