Your 2020 Wrapped FAQ

Mario

Hey folks,

The year 2020 is nearing its end, so it’s time for our new Wrapped campaign!

What is this Wrapped you’re talking about?

• If you haven’t heard of Wrapped before, this year it is a special hub in the app with some cool stats on the songs, artists, and podcasts you discovered throughout 2020.
  • It also features some personalized and some global playlists built from listening stats gathered throughout the year.

How do I get my 2020 Wrapped?

• On the Spotify mobile app, tap Search and then look for 2020 Wrapped.
  • Make sure you’re on the latest version for iOS or Android.

Something isn’t quite right. What should I do?

Who will receive a personalized Wrapped experience?

• You need to have had a Spotify account before November 15th and have listened to at least 5 different artists and 30 different tracks.
  • If this isn’t true for you, you can still check out spotify.com/wrapped to see some of this year’s global music highlights.

How come I can't access my Wrapped on the web?

• We noticed the vast majority of our users access their Spotify through their phones so this year, the Wrapped experience will be exclusively in-app on your mobile devices.
  • You'll still be able to access your Wrapped playlists in the desktop app or the desktop and mobile Web Players.

What will I find if I type "www.spotify.com/wrapped" in my browser?

• If you have a personalized Wrapped, you'll access your Wrapped playlists.
  • If you don’t have your own Wrapped or you never used Spotify (or if simply haven’t logged in), you'll access a global Wrapped experience which summarizes the year in Spotify music, accessible by everyone.

What listening period does Wrapped cover?

• Your 2020 Wrapped is based on what you listened to from January 1 to November 15th, 2020.

Can I share my Wrapped?

• Yes, you can share directly to Facebook, Instagram, Snapchat, Twitter, and more.
  • Alternatively, copy a link to paste where you like following these steps.

My 2020 Wrapped or playlist is wrong. Can you change it?

• We’re unable to update your stats or playlists since it’s based on your account’s listening history. You can find out more about the reasons why you're not seeing what you expected here.

What is the ‘Missed Hits’ playlist?

• This is a personalized playlist that highlights popular songs from your favorite genres that you haven’t listened to yet.

What is the ‘On Record’ playlist?

• On Record highlights your favorite artists for 2020, including top songs from those artists, and podcasts that feature or discuss them. This playlist is only available if you’re in a country, in which English is one of the primary official languages.

I’m not seeing one or more of the mentioned playlists?

• We can only build playlists for you if we managed to gather sufficient data to match the criteria required for their creation.

Is my ‘Your Top Songs Of 2020’ playlist in order of what I listened to most?

• Yes, for the most part your playlist is ordered by the songs you played most frequently to least frequently. We also enhance the listening experience by ensuring tracks by the same artist or on the same album don’t always appear back to back.

Will the playlists disappear at some point?

• You’ll always be able to find your 2020 Wrapped playlist on the Homepage of the Spotify app under Uniquely Yours.
  • You can also ❤️ or Follow playlists to keep them saved in Your Library, under Playlists

What’s this weird genre I got?

• Our world music experts strive to describe music in a way that is consistent with how fans experience it.

Why didn't I get an email for Wrapped?

• You need to have been opted into Product News in your notifications settings before Dec. 1, 2020.
  • No worries though, you can still find it in the Spotify app on your phone (in Search) or at spotify.com/wrapped.

Do Private Session and offline listens count?

• Offline listens count across the board. Private Session listens don't count for charts and songs, but do count for minutes listened.

Does podcast listening time count towards the total listened time?

• Yes it does! Your total minutes of listening time are equal to the time spent listening to both music and podcasts combined.

Can I view Wrapped offline in the app?

• If you viewed your Wrapped online, it’ll be automatically saved offline for 1 hour. No music will play while offline though, and some stories might not load if their images are missing.

Does using the experience in-app use up extra data?

• Yes, the music that plays needs data if you’re not on WiFi (you can’t download the Wrapped music)
  • Images and other content might be automatically saved offline if you’ve viewed them while online, but if not, they’ll also consume data.

Didn't help? Search for more Spotify Answers, or create a new thread and ask the Community.