You can pay for Spotify in a variety of different ways, depending on where you live.
To check the payment methods available in your country:
- Log in to your account page.
- Click Subscription in the menu on the left.
Note: If you’re on the free, ad-supported service, you’ll need to click GET PREMIUM. (Don’t worry, that won’t sign you up for Premium.)
Some of the most common available payment methods are the following:
Recurring (paid on a monthly basis):
- Credit/debit card, provided the country in which they were issued matches the country of your Spotify account
- Pre-paid cards (including PaySafeCard) issued by Visa, MasterCard, American Express, and Discover.
- PayPal, provided that you have a credit/debit card linked to your PayPal account (you can’t use the money in your PayPal account)
- Via Mobile (head here* for more info for your country)
- Through a partner company (head here* for more info for your country)
*Note: If you're in a country which does not support this payment method, then clicking on the link will give you a 404 error.
Non-recurring - ‘PAYG’ (paid in advance for 1,3,6 or 12 months, depending on availability):
- Gift cards from licensed retailers, which you can redeem here
Note: From 15th January 2019, e-cards can no longer be purchased from Spotify.com, but they can still be bought from some third-party vendors online and in-store.
- Note: Availability of PAYG options varies depending on product (eg. Premium Individual or Family) and markets. Make sure to follow the steps in the first part of this FAQ to find what's available in your market.
For payment help and troubleshooting steps, make sure to check out this list of useful support articles.
For information about refunds, head here.
Didn't help? Search for more FAQs, or create a new thread and ask the Community.