Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify premium accounts are being hacked from TELIA-dk and sold on ebay

Solved!

Spotify premium accounts are being hacked from TELIA-dk and sold on ebay

Hello, 12-month Spotify Premium subscriptions that Spotify sells for $120 are being sold on Ebay for up to $8. Check this out -snip- All these accounts are being hacked from customers of Telia-dk (se, de..) phone company. I've reported it to this company but they don't take any action. The sellers on ebay ask for your username, then they enter on Telia website and do spotify premium activation for your account on behalf of a legitimate Telia client's. Also hacking tools are being sold to get these Spotify Premium subscriptions for free from Telia. -snip snip snip- DON'T BUY THESE PREMIUM SUBSCRIPTIONS ON EBAY BECAUSE YOU ARE STEALING FROM LEGITIMATE TELIA CUSTOMERS, and it may result in having your account canceled since you activated a premium subscription irregularly, in addition to other consequences.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

@Fluffo0 wrote:

I would like to know more about this. You see, I won 2 spotify premium upgrades and both of them says "You are currently using Spotify Premium. Your account is associated with our partner telia-dk, please refer to telia-dk for questions regarding your subscription."

Will anything happen to my account or can I use it as normal?

Hey! Welcome to the community 🙂

You will need to get in touch with the customer services team directly using the online contact form and they will be able to assist you and clarify this further.

If you get an automated email reply back directing you to the community or help pages, you need to reply directly to that email (even if its from no-reply) and one of the customer services agents will get back to you as soon as possible.

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

View solution in original post

32 Replies

@franzgc wrote:

Hello, 12-month Spotify Premium subscriptions that Spotify sells for $120 are being sold on Ebay for up to $8. Check this out -snip- All these accounts are being hacked from customers of Telia-dk (se, de..) phone company. I've reported it to this company but they don't take any action. The sellers on ebay ask for your username, then they enter on Telia website and do spotify premium activation for your account on behalf of a legitimate Telia client's. Also hacking tools are being sold to get these Spotify Premium subscriptions for free from Telia. -snip snip snip- DON'T BUY THESE PREMIUM SUBSCRIPTIONS ON EBAY BECAUSE YOU ARE STEALING FROM LEGITIMATE TELIA CUSTOMERS, and it may result in having your account canceled since you activated a premium subscription irregularly, in addition to other consequences.

I have escalated this topic to the community staff for you.
Hopefully someone will be able to look into this soon 😉

Thanks
Peter

Peter

Thanks for bringing this to our attention. We're aware of the issue and looking into getting it sorted as quickly as possible.
-------

Check out how we're doing over @SpotifyStatus

Question answered? Just click 'Accept as solution' to help other users out. Easy.

Who's your Spotify Star?

I've seen people selling 12-month Spotify Premium subscriptions for as low as only 1$ on underground hacking forums.  

Some people are doing high profits by selling Spotify upgrades by selling it for up to 20$. I've also reported it to Telia's customer support but they haven't taken any action so far. They dont seem to realize how big this problem is. People have been using this for a very long time (at least months) but when the method was leaked 2 weeks ago this escalated quickly and I would estimate that thousands of accounts have been upgraded if not more.

If you buy a selected mobile subcription on telia.dk and telia.se you'll get eligible to claim a 12-month free Spotify subcription, however there are people abusing the system with bot programs which generates random numbers and then checks if they're working. Only a few numbers works out of 1000 or even more but with a bot there is no problem. They've recently added CAPTCHA to prevent the automated bots but it's already been to late. They should have added SMS verification since the beginning and they wouldn't have this problem. People already have infinite supply with codes.

"We're aware of the issue and looking into getting it sorted as quickly as possible."

And how will you distinquish if the Spotify account was upgraded by the original Telia customer or someone else?

Simon15 - Welcome to the Community. Thanks for this. Again, we are aware of what's been going on.

The main thing we can advise here is to always purchase Spotify from our website or through one of our official partners. Anyone with one of these fraudulent subscriptions will have their account disabled.
-------

Question answered? Just click 'Accept as solution' to help other users out. Easy.

Who's your Spotify Star?

Hi Simon15,
You have said most of what there is to say on the matter. I add that people just are buying because they not know they also can get absolutely free, using the method for himself by claiming spotify premium through trial and error by putting random phone numbers from Telia customers.

"They've recently added CAPTCHA to prevent the automated bots but it's already been to late. They should have added SMS verification since the beginning and they wouldn't have this problem."

Surely the SMS verification would be enough to contain this problem.

"And how will you distinquish if the Spotify account was upgraded by the original Telia customer or someone else?"

I also would like to know about it. Remembering that this matters to Spotify because he is being affected and harmed with this because people that could buy a official subscription are failing to do so to buy these illegal telia subscriptions.

I would like to know more about this. You see, I won 2 spotify premium upgrades and both of them says "You are currently using Spotify Premium. Your account is associated with our partner telia-dk, please refer to telia-dk for questions regarding your subscription."

Marked as solution

@Fluffo0 wrote:

Hey! Welcome to the community 🙂

You will need to get in touch with the customer services team directly using the online contact form and they will be able to assist you and clarify this further.

If you get an automated email reply back directing you to the community or help pages, you need to reply directly to that email (even if its from no-reply) and one of the customer services agents will get back to you as soon as possible.

Peter

Peter

Fluffo0 - If it says your account is connected with telia-dk and you haven't bought a mobile service subscription there you can be sure that this method have been used.

After the 12-month period has ended the customer will be charged 9$ every month on his/her bill. I know this cause I'm a Telia customer myself. Most people wont notice yet so they'll be paying for someone else. That's fraud.

I wonder if you're really actively working to solve this. If I were you, I would contact Telia as their partner and tell them to inform their customers about the problem. I would also, as previous speaker said, add sms verification security so that this no longer can be abused.

I've talked with the source-code-owner of the bot that enables all this.

The software developer alias is Ibrary.

Ibrary's friend with the alias Notuch is handling the sales of the software.

Notuch was banned from a forum where he initially selled the software from. He then signed up for a new forum which he at the moment is selling the software from.

Notuch gets in contact with his customers via Skype. His username on Skype is: Notuch

You can find a copy of our conversation here. I will update if he ever replies back to my last message. Now let's see what you, Spotify, can do to resolve this. It will probably take forever, suprise me!

chrismalla, Telia has already been notified about the problem and are aware of it. But It seems that the Telia is wanting to cause damage to their customers, because so far took no action. Who is paying for Spotify Premium to everyone are Telia's customers!! The case is very serious!

Chrismalla - Thanks for this, really interesting reading. We really do appreciate it.

For a number of reasons, we can't really say anything else about the situation. It's pretty delicate. I'm sure you understand.

-------

Who's your Spotify Star?

Yeh, I get it. Anyway, I hope you get this sorted as soon as possible.

This is bad. I "won" free premium and now I am using this too. I don't want to use it, if this is fraud. 

I has emailed customer service and hope go get replay soon. This method should be banned or something.

Thanks for posting. Where did you win it?
-------

Who's your Spotify Star?

I got one for free and gave it to my sister!! How do I close her account?? I don't want her to use any fraud account, please help!!

Hi
I thought i would inform you as soon as i came aware.
I purchased a listing from ebay for a premium account it was only after and i looked in spotify and was shown that my account was in partnership with telia and wondered who they were that i did a search and now know its a scam that charges unsuspecting people.

Please close this account as i never meant to be part of any scam.

I have informing ebay

Anynamed - I've just sent you an email. Thanks for posting.

Sjs1987 - That account has been disabled. We really do appreciate the honesty.
-------

Who's your Spotify Star?

Hello,

I also bought a premium account online, and after looking into it, I saw the message about telia, and after doing some searching on google, it seems the account I bought was obtained as a part of this scam. I was unaware of how the account was obtained, but since its part of a scam, I do not wish to be a part of it, and would like this account closed please. Thank you!

Rpgamer92 - Thanks, that account has just been disabled.
-------

Who's your Spotify Star?

Suggested posts