Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Starred turned upside down?

Solved!

Starred turned upside down?

Yesterday the order of my Starred list turned upside down in my iPhone - on my laptop it's still right. I want to correct it, since it's very important to me to listen to the songs in a particular order and I always used Starred... How can I fix this? And it's not that it's completely messed up, it's exactly the same order but in reverse.

Please help!

Meri aka mukkelismuuli

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

This is because the starred playlist used to show the newly added songs at the top.

Spotify has converted all starred playlists into regular playlists to give users more control over it, so the most recently added songs will now be at the bottom like regular playlists.

To show the newly added tracks at the top,

When you are in a playlist scroll up the the top and tap on this and then select "Recently Added"

iOSsort.png

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

I don't fixed it too.
On your starred playlist screen push screen down ALL the way till the album cover appears for your playlist.
Above it is a Filter search too and to the right of it is a burger-like symbol. Press this and tick Newly Added and hazaa it's fixed

Marked as solution

Thank you so much! You saved my Spotify life

18 Replies
Marked as solution

This is because the starred playlist used to show the newly added songs at the top.

Spotify has converted all starred playlists into regular playlists to give users more control over it, so the most recently added songs will now be at the bottom like regular playlists.

To show the newly added tracks at the top,

When you are in a playlist scroll up the the top and tap on this and then select "Recently Added"

iOSsort.png

MattSudaSpotify Star

Thanks Matt!

But there is no such option in the iPhone (Spotify) app? I don't have my Macbook with me so I'm not sure if it's possible in the laptop, probably so, but on my Macbook the order hasn't changed.

I would've preferred to have the starred ones as before, I can use other playlists if I want to play with the order... I don't know how other people use starred list but I would assume it's just as I do; to be able to listen to the absolute new songs immediately.

Any further ideas? 😄

Meri

Which Spotify version are you using? You should have the option.

Go to the starred playlist and swipe down on the screen until a search bar appears with an icon to the right of it. The options should appear at the top.

MattSudaSpotify Star

While that did work for the moment, it doesn't stay like that! Once I'm out of the playlist it goes right back to going upside down. Any permanent fixes???

@leeyeonjin

Which version of the Spotify iOS app do you have? That bug was fixed recently in a new verison.

MattSudaSpotify Star

Hmm what bug?

I've got the 4.0.0.919 for iPhone.

Cheers for trying to help me! 🙂

Meri

Ohhh sorry I just read the previous message! Now I know which bug but doesn't help me... 😕

@mukkelismuuli

Hmm...

Well as of version 4.0, the sort order of a playlist should be saved even if you exit out and come back. That's the bug that was fixed where it wouldn't save the sort option you chose. 

MattSudaSpotify Star

I have this issue too, but I don't have the option as you have highlighted and I am on the latest version too??

Hi Matt!

I Found it, we have to keep pushing the list down until the filter shows with the lines option on the right of the screen, there we can find the option to sort for recently added!

thanks

Miguel

Please help me. I updated my Spotify and after update my iP is blocked and it is as offline. With wifi ot works fine but with cellular data it is as offline. Please help me. Thanks. ipad air
Marked as solution

I don't fixed it too.
On your starred playlist screen push screen down ALL the way till the album cover appears for your playlist.
Above it is a Filter search too and to the right of it is a burger-like symbol. Press this and tick Newly Added and hazaa it's fixed

First line nonsensical
Read everything below it!

Wow this solved all of my problems. Thank you so much.

FINALLY!!!! Thank you SOOOOO much 😄 Makes me extremely happy!!

I found the solution, thanks.

For Spotify people, I still want to say that this sudden reverse of the starred playlist was complete nonsense. You shall NOT sort your customers' playlists without permission.

And again: why did you do this on iOS, but not on Android? It took me 3 months to find the answer. The filter sort options we're really well hidden from the user.

I had the same problem. I just clicked on " recently added" as was suggested and it put them back in order again. I exited spotify and when i went back in later it was still in good order. So it worked for me fine. Using a motoE 2nd gen phone. Android.

Marked as solution

Thank you so much! You saved my Spotify life

Suggested posts