Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[All Platforms] Synced History across all Devices

Create a "unified play history" that consolidates history from phone, tablet, laptop, etc., so that you have a real history of your listening on Spotify.

This was previously suggested and did not receive enough "kudos" and was recently made an "inactive idea". But I'm surprised it isn't already a standard feature. 

Updated on 2021-07-28

Hey folks,

Thanks for your feedback and suggestions on this one!

You'll be happy to know that the icon_recently_played.png Recently played destination on mobile now reflects your listening history across all devices. There's more info here.

Right now, it’s available only on Android and iOS, but we’ll check back here with an update, should this change in the future.

Happy listening 🎶

Comments
Hctmr

This is a good idea. I want to be able to "reset" what spotify recommends.

StickyM

I currently use Spotify on two mobile devices and two computers (work and home)

I listen to something a work - Close down the App and Log off my computer - Get in the car and cant continue where I left off. It shows me the last song and history only for the device.

Why can’t I see the history for me and it be device independent when I am on line.

I get off line is never going to work but you know it’s me, you refresh all my playlists etc. It’s just the queued music and recent history does not travel between devices.

nitramwin

Any update? I cant imagine that this doesnt bug a great many people each and every single day. Come on Spotify! Figure out how to add play history from offline devices when they come back onto a network and be done with it already. If some songs are sometimes out of order, that's ok. Just get this feature 95% ready and ship it! Paying customers are asking you for this! 

ndyess1

Comprehensive play history between all devices linked to the same Spotify account should be a thing. I'm on the hunt for some songs I heard in last week's Release Radar on my phone. It's refreshed, naturally, so they're not in the playlist any longer. I can't view recently played, by song, on my phone, and my phone recently played is not the same as my desktop recently played (Play Queue, History), where I can actually view individual songs... I can't imagine it being difficult to allow the capability to let a user view song play history, account wide, on any device running the Spotify app. 

dasanayaka

This is such an important feature. Spotify is all about trying to bring new music to its users - if I can't review what I've listened to, how can I hope to find all these new songs again? Just wait for the fates to bring it up again?

I work in a laboratory (need both hands, working with toxic chemicals) so I can't open up my phone every time I like or don't like something in the short time the song is playing.

MatthewHansen

Why has this not been a feature of Spotify from its inception? Are you claiming to not track or know all the songs we have listened to? That's absurd. You know exactly what we have listened to, so not allowing your customers access to their own information is arrogant, rude, and against what I would hope would be Spotify's transparency regarding the data they maintain on listeners. Please provide a link that allows me to download all of the information you possess on me. Additionally, I would expect that you would also allow customers, particularly paying customers, to at least anonymize the data - clearly you should be tracking what is played to pay the artists, but I should have the option to decide whether or not you can use my data for other purposes.

Thanks? 

Matt

harald_k

Matt,

If you want to go to the trouble, you can write to spotify and demand to get all the data they've stored on you. They're obliged to send you this according to EU (and Swedish) data protection laws. If a couple of people did that, maybe we'd get this feature sooner.

BrentBorders

Please reconsider this feature. There is no recently played history for android as far as I can tell. It would be great to know that I can see a recently played song on my computer app that I played on my mobile, as I use both. As previously stated by the original poster, I am very surprised that this is not an already active feature.

Lulo

This is a such an important feature. We are not asking for bells and whistles here, people access spotify from any device they have at hand and history is simply not available. This is more a bug than an idea.

Sadly, Spotify follows a priority list based on kudos, any idea not receiving 50 kudos per year is simply ignored, no mather how basic it is. Ridiculous as it sounds, consider all the people that dont bother submitting an idea, others dont have the habit or dont know they can, so the number of unhappy users outnumbers that range by far.

coronelselector

Hey Spotify, I have an idea for you. Why don't you just activate a feature to save everything we listen, so then we can just delete what we don't like and that way we can track our listening history.