Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[All Platforms][Your Library] Increase maximum Songs allowed in Your Music

I feel like the maximum amount of songs allowed in one playlist, and subsequently in "Songs" playlist under the new "Collections" feature, should be more than 10,000.

Quite frankly it should be unlimited. 

We are paying for a service but limited on how many songs we are able to save? That is absurd to me.

I recently started saving all of my albums into "Collections" and got stuck at about 1/4 of the way through - 10,000 songs has been reached and I am no longer able to save any more albums.

PLEASE INCREASE MAX NUMBER OF SONGS IN COLLECTION FEATURE!!!

WHAT IS A COLLECTION IF YOU HAVE TO LIMIT YOUR TASTE???

Updated on 2020-05-26

Hey,

Thanks for coming to the Idea Exchange.

We're excited to be marking this idea as implemented!
We've now removed the limit on saved items in Your Library, making it possible to save songs, and albums on Spotify to your heart's content.

As the app has changed quite a bit since this idea was submitted, please be aware that some functionality is now different. This change does not impact the limit on the number of songs in a playlist other than your Liked Songs.

For more info, check out this blog post.

Comments
toffermorgan

25k is still significantly more than the limit imposed on the Spotify client. That they have acknowledged an attempt to raise the limit to 100k on iOS9 shows more of an awareness of what their customers want than Spotify.

kurt_gielen

Anybody knows how this compares with other music services? I just ran into this and I feel this is a real good reason to switch to alternatives.

alma4005

I hope they soon wake up, the competition is closing in. It is insane to have a limit to your own jukebox. It is good to see that more people are experincing this as a problem.

SubzeroSC

@hans-jürgen

That limit is for the tracks you can upload to their clod not the tracks that you can add to Your Music. As spotify does not provide a feature to upload our own mp3s to they cloud this comparison of limits is pointless.

For what is worth here is the current state of the music streaming services:

• Google Music - free upload of your own local music to their cloud to upto 50 000 tracks and unlimited additions from their catalog to the "Your Music" lirabry 
  • Apple Music - free upload of your own local music to their cloud to upto 20 000 tracks (will plans to extend to 100 000) and unlimited additions from their catalog to the "Your Music" lirabry 
  • Deezer - free upload of your own local music to their cloud with no limit  tracks (each track needs to be less than 45mbs) and unlimited additions from their catalog to the "Your Music" library
  • Spotify - no option to upload our own local music to a cloud service and a limit of 10 000 additions from their catalog to the "Your Music" library

You can easily see how Spotify is i such a bad place in this regard which is why so many people are leaving and looking for alternatives.

kurt_gielen

I for one was looking for a reason to test out Apple Music as I am a big Apple fan, however I am so pleased with Spotify that I need a very good reason to do so. I guess this is it.

alma4005
Thanks subzeroSC. This is the info I needed. Spotify is out, Google Music is in! I was just starting up so I switched. I am pleased with Google. No more hassle.
dysqo
Been using Apple Music since launch and I'm loving it!!! Saving albums like crazy and NO LIMITS so far! Get out while u can everyone! I stopped my premium membership 3 days after Apple Music started. Spotify, we all gave u a chance.
Plugimi

Hi Spotify,

Now that Apple Music is out I had decided that I'd like to consolidate all my music to Spotify because I like the user experience much better. However, after 3 days I hit the 10k wall which means that I won't be able to add neither old or new music to what I feel is my collection/memory/songs I love. 

(Correct me if I'm wrong but My Music in the Spotify experience is the equivalent to one's record collection, at least it is in a user's experience)

As far as I know the Apple Limit is at 25k at the moment and they'll be increasing it soon and if the fairly arbitrary 10k limit persists I will probably start paying for Apple Music in about two months and cancel my Spotify subscription. I imagine there is a lot of people in similar situations.

Please consider changing the limit to at least 25k.

Thanks

Sascha

29thfloor
As far as I know the 25k limit in Apple Music only applies to songs that
you've uploaded or matched through the iTunes Match service. I could be
wrong about that but I've been adding things pretty steadily for the past
week or so and haven't hit a limit.

Also it sounds like they'll soon be increasing the limit to 100k

http://www.ibtimes.com/apple-music-will-raise-itunes-match-limit-100000-songs-personal-streaming-198...

tullioserafim

Hi there,

I'm liking Spotify and I'd love more if there is no limit regarding to offline songs.

Even if there's this limit, it'll be better if there is an option for the users related to how many devices will be synced to the account. With this option, the "song limit" will be divided into the quantity of the devices. For example: if the limit is 10k and the user will be logged in to only one device, he/she will be able to download the 10k to this device.

Hope the support team reads this idea.  LOL

Best regards

Túllio Serafim