Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[All Platforms][Your Library] Increase maximum Songs allowed in Your Music

I feel like the maximum amount of songs allowed in one playlist, and subsequently in "Songs" playlist under the new "Collections" feature, should be more than 10,000.

Quite frankly it should be unlimited. 

We are paying for a service but limited on how many songs we are able to save? That is absurd to me.

I recently started saving all of my albums into "Collections" and got stuck at about 1/4 of the way through - 10,000 songs has been reached and I am no longer able to save any more albums.

PLEASE INCREASE MAX NUMBER OF SONGS IN COLLECTION FEATURE!!!

WHAT IS A COLLECTION IF YOU HAVE TO LIMIT YOUR TASTE???

Updated on 2020-05-26

Hey,

Thanks for coming to the Idea Exchange.

We're excited to be marking this idea as implemented!
We've now removed the limit on saved items in Your Library, making it possible to save songs, and albums on Spotify to your heart's content.

As the app has changed quite a bit since this idea was submitted, please be aware that some functionality is now different. This change does not impact the limit on the number of songs in a playlist other than your Liked Songs.

For more info, check out this blog post.

Comments
Mickykiiatein

It is very frustrating not to be able to save music to my library anymore - Instead now I have to fiddle with playlists - having some of my music in playlists and some in my collection - I hate being driven towards playlists, I am mostly an 'album listener' and this 10,000 cap is a kick in the face for album listeners with sizeable collections. Even if it is less than 1% affected by this, imagine the amount of listeners that is, with the number rising all the time

Ktiz
Possibly worth noting- this whole issue revolves around the Spotify user's ability to save more than 10,000 songs in album format. (As has been noted a zillion times, you can always throw a bunch of songs in a playlist, but that is a clunky solution at best.) Seemingly from the same "no one cares about albums" mindset, the Amazing Echo does not even have a command to play a Spotify album. There are commands to play playlists, but none for albums. It is truly as if Spotify is not interested in people wanting to listen to albums in general. Super weird. Just an observation...
David82smith

Why is there a limit to 3,333 songs to save for offline when I'm paying for the service? It's 2018 apple for the same price gives you 100,000

rrudolphjr

@Anamon yes, when you cancel they ask you a series of multiple choice questions and at the end there is a comment box you can add specifically why you are canceling.

starfox760

Remove the limit! 10,000 is too easy to hit when I'm trying to discover new artists.

Dkueffner

Hello Team,

As a voice for this shortcoming inside Spotify, I believe that even if the users who reach this limit are a minority, it does not mean that it should be neglected by Spotify.  In fact, I imagine most users who reach this limit are the most active users of Spotify and are always looking to add new songs to their library.  This limit really puts Spotify in a bad light amongst its heaviest users.

I've had many (including me) express their discontent for this seemingly worthless song limit.

Thanks and regards,

Dan

CRABMAN71_US

PLEASE INCREASE MY LIBRARY LIMIT.

nominalmusics

This really is an odd, and unnecessary, restriction. I am a music journalist and rely on Spotify for research purposes. It’s amazing how quickly you can reach the 10,000 ceiling, and how frustrating it is to have to delete stuff just to add stuff - it’s like having a room in which you could keep an unlimited number of LPs, with ample available shelf space, yet with someone telling you need to move stuff into storage each time you want to add another LP - even though you have ample space.

I hope that Spotify see the almost 6,000 votes in favour of relaxing this.

beingbrendan

This seems like a no-brainer. Why artificially limit the amount of tracks you can store in the library? It unnecessarily penalises people who care about collecting albums, and people who are most likely to be your loyal customers. 

I know now this is a barrier for many people, including myself.

qwango

In the meantime can you at least make it easier to remove songs... doing it one at a time is mental! 

thanks 🙂