Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[All Platforms][Your Library] Increase maximum Songs allowed in Your Music

I feel like the maximum amount of songs allowed in one playlist, and subsequently in "Songs" playlist under the new "Collections" feature, should be more than 10,000.

Quite frankly it should be unlimited. 

We are paying for a service but limited on how many songs we are able to save? That is absurd to me.

I recently started saving all of my albums into "Collections" and got stuck at about 1/4 of the way through - 10,000 songs has been reached and I am no longer able to save any more albums.

PLEASE INCREASE MAX NUMBER OF SONGS IN COLLECTION FEATURE!!!

WHAT IS A COLLECTION IF YOU HAVE TO LIMIT YOUR TASTE???

Updated on 2020-05-26

Hey,

Thanks for coming to the Idea Exchange.

We're excited to be marking this idea as implemented!
We've now removed the limit on saved items in Your Library, making it possible to save songs, and albums on Spotify to your heart's content.

As the app has changed quite a bit since this idea was submitted, please be aware that some functionality is now different. This change does not impact the limit on the number of songs in a playlist other than your Liked Songs.

For more info, check out this blog post.

Comments
oisincoleman64

This cap makes no sense at all. The fact an app that's main function is music streaming can't satisfy the most dedicated of music listeners is ridiculous. I have been using Spotify for 4 years now and just hit the cap, how can you expect to keep a loyal dedicated userbase if you can't give them the smallest of things necessary to get the full enjoyment out of the app?

As someone mentioned, the 1% excuse holds no water. As people continue to use the app, more people will reach the cap. Also you have to know yourself that removing the cap would in no way make an "OK experience" for your users, you can't be that stupid to actually believe that, in what way would being able to save more songs hinder the experience for anyone? I'm no expert but all saving a song to your library does is basically bookmark it, it doesn't take up that much data as far as I know.

I know it might just be the "1%" but you're losing users over something that can be easily solved and creating a lack of trust with your most dedicated following. If you were smart people business-wise or if you just had any respect for your users this cap would've have been lifted. I may seem angry and that's because I love the majority of everthing else about the app and this is extremely disappointing. I now warn people about the app's song limit and that scares a lot of people off because a lot of people want to be able to keep track of their music. What about 10 years from now, imagine someone who went through their teenage years collecting music on Spotify and continued into their adulthood and reaching the cap, I'm sure they won't be pleased with having to remove and potentially forget the music they have become nostalgic for and attached memories to. You are losing customers. Please fix this.

Thank you.

asavagecomposer

This should have been your top priority months, even a year or more ago. The longer you wait, the more people will be leaving. Fix it now.

lsrcrd

Couldn't agree more will all the complains.

This is a terrible issue.

Worse yet is that it is a veeery old issue and seems Spotify is not giving the slightest sh*t.

Just today I reached the stupid limit.

After tomorrow I will start looking more into other platforms and will consider seriously pulling the plug to Spotify in a not-so-far future.

I was using Google Music as it looks less funky but as per pure
functionality its ahead of Spotify. Then I learned that google may turn off
the service altogether. Stiil I cancel my spotify as a sign of not agreeing
with their non-answering the issue.
Best joke of the industry: if you are a google music subscriber, you can
UPLOAD 100 000 actual music files to actual server space PLUS listen to
eny number of track unlimited. Then comes spotify with this ridiculous cap.
I guess its just bad technology having to include this limit. Change
your it department, spotify for good.
rrudolphjr

I have left for Google, too. The best features of Google Play will be incorporated into YouTube Music before Google Play Music is shut down. When you sign up for Youtube Music you get both the YouTube Music app and the Google Play app for the same price. I am very happy with the service. I won’t be returning to Spotify even if they increase the library limit.

hi, thanks its good info
Sampras

I don't even consider myself that much of a record collector, but I had a big enough library to keep me from subscribing to any streaming service - simply because of the massive effort to rebuild the digital music library. I finally jumped on board and Spotify Premium has totally been a blast and made enjoying music so easy compared to the file shuffling I was doing earlier. All that came to an end today, when I hit the 10000 track library limit. This is just **bleep**! Like said, I'm not even much of a collector and I ran out of space at O! Seriously, this is one of the most voted ideas you have, please fix this. 

highlydope

So. Frustrating! When are they gonna spend some of that sweet IPO money and FIX this?

i think never... ipo spoils some sort of people big time.