Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[All Platforms][Your Library] Increase maximum Songs allowed in Your Music

I feel like the maximum amount of songs allowed in one playlist, and subsequently in "Songs" playlist under the new "Collections" feature, should be more than 10,000.

Quite frankly it should be unlimited. 

We are paying for a service but limited on how many songs we are able to save? That is absurd to me.

I recently started saving all of my albums into "Collections" and got stuck at about 1/4 of the way through - 10,000 songs has been reached and I am no longer able to save any more albums.

PLEASE INCREASE MAX NUMBER OF SONGS IN COLLECTION FEATURE!!!

WHAT IS A COLLECTION IF YOU HAVE TO LIMIT YOUR TASTE???

Updated on 2020-05-26

Hey,

Thanks for coming to the Idea Exchange.

We're excited to be marking this idea as implemented!
We've now removed the limit on saved items in Your Library, making it possible to save songs, and albums on Spotify to your heart's content.

As the app has changed quite a bit since this idea was submitted, please be aware that some functionality is now different. This change does not impact the limit on the number of songs in a playlist other than your Liked Songs.

For more info, check out this blog post.

Comments
PaulMac

It's that time of the year where companies get nominated for annual awards, customer service being one of the most important categories. So how do we all think Spotify have managed? Are they worth nominating due to:

• Their full tecnical explanation as to why this limit is in place
  • Their constant progress updates 
  • The very specific timelines listing exactly when the solutions will be implemented 
  • The fact that they always make the paying customers feel they are highly valued and are a key element to the long term success of the business.

Jamesify

To everyone who is worried about the song limit on Spotify, I have created a petition on change.org.

https://www.change.org/p/spotify-remove-10-000-song-limit-on-spotify?recruiter=922072244&utm_source=...

Djjfive
Great idea...thank you for doing this.
If everyone who has posted here signs this petition it could make them take notice and make the changes we need. 

Finaly a chance for us to fight back rather than just moan about it on here and get ignored.

I hope we can make ourselves heard and if we all get behind this, I’m sure we will.

You have my signature👍

@Jamesify wrote:

To everyone who is worried about the song limit on Spotify, I have created a petition on change.org.

https://www.change.org/p/spotify-remove-10-000-song-limit-on-spotify?recruiter=922072244&utm_source=...

Jamesify
Thank you too...you are definitely welcome. 👍

@Djjfive wrote:
Great idea...thank you for doing this.
If everyone who has posted here signs this petition it could make them take notice and make the changes we need. 

Finaly a chance for us to fight back rather than just moan about it on here and get ignored.

I hope we can make ourselves heard and if we all get behind this, I’m sure we will.

You have my signature👍

BroccoliCheese

This is a huge problem. I'm at 6107 and adding and am scared of what will happen when my mix/playlist hits 9999. Needs more room for more songs.

Dodsonj9901

This is absolute**bleep**. I should be able to save every song that I like, and not have to limit myself. So now, every time a new song comes out, I have to delete an old one. This is not how a paid subscription service should work. Fix this, or you are losing a subscriber.

Dodsonj9901

This is absolute bs. I should be able to save every song that I like, and not have to limit myself. So now, every time a new song comes out, I have to delete an old one. This is not how a paid subscription service should work. Fix this, or you are losing a subscriber.

jdhunter2

Glad to help keep this thread active.  I signed the petition and keep hoping for a policy change on the limit.  

PaulMac

@jdhunter2 wrote:

Glad to help keep this thread active.  I signed the petition and keep hoping for a policy change on the limit.  

Good stuff. Let's encourage everyone particulary people new to the thread to sign it. Hopefully Spotify will take more notice of it as this thread (despite its length) has resulted in 1 update in 4 years.

Micturion

Thanks for taking the initiative for the petition.

Signed it asap!