Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[All Platforms][Your Library] Increase maximum Songs allowed in Your Music

I feel like the maximum amount of songs allowed in one playlist, and subsequently in "Songs" playlist under the new "Collections" feature, should be more than 10,000.

Quite frankly it should be unlimited. 

We are paying for a service but limited on how many songs we are able to save? That is absurd to me.

I recently started saving all of my albums into "Collections" and got stuck at about 1/4 of the way through - 10,000 songs has been reached and I am no longer able to save any more albums.

PLEASE INCREASE MAX NUMBER OF SONGS IN COLLECTION FEATURE!!!

WHAT IS A COLLECTION IF YOU HAVE TO LIMIT YOUR TASTE???

Updated on 2020-05-26

Hey,

Thanks for coming to the Idea Exchange.

We're excited to be marking this idea as implemented!
We've now removed the limit on saved items in Your Library, making it possible to save songs, and albums on Spotify to your heart's content.

As the app has changed quite a bit since this idea was submitted, please be aware that some functionality is now different. This change does not impact the limit on the number of songs in a playlist other than your Liked Songs.

For more info, check out this blog post.

Comments
GrawlixL

@MrPaplu Oh by, I can't wait! That'll make all the other features they stripped away for no apparent reason and no explicit reason given totally worth it! 😛 Also, you seem far more competent than the people actually working at Spotify, which I know is faint praise, but still. Good luck with the project!

@noidontwantto It's partly that maybe a larger response will get them to reconsider, and partly that now anyone else checking the forums will see that this is a BIG issue that irritated a ton of customers, which makes Spotify look worse for ignoring it. It's optics, like reaching out over social media.

Also... does tagging users no longer work? Is that another feature they took away? Maybe to keep the community less active?

Xtomost

@grwalixl no, its because they need to make the forum work great for 99% of the forum users. However, I’m confident they will take your suggestion about tagging users and ”pass it along to the right people”. 

GrawlixL

@Xtomost Oh! Silly me, of course! I'll expect a response sometime in the next... never.

Can you believe someone at Spotify is actually paid a salary to be a community manager? What do they do all day?

Xtomost

Doh! Managing the community. 

I take the bugs from the users and close them and asks them to post an Idea instead. Sometimes i pass the Idea along to the right people. Whats with you guys, cant you see I’m a people person???!!! 

PaulMac

@noidontwantto you’re correct in your opinion that Spotify are under no obligation to respond. However, a quick scan over any of the 499 pages listed in this thread would show anyone from their customer service team (if any of them care enough to look) the incredible levels of frustration that this issue causes.

It seems that no-one in Spotify has the business sense to realise the value of brand loyalty i.e. the tendency of consumers to continue buying the same brand of goods rather than competing brands. They’ve NEVER even explained why the limit is in place and managed just a single update in 5 years. Such a lack of willingness to engage simply encourages people to leave. While they stubbornly maintain this approach brand loyalty just goes out the window. I could understand it if they had a monopoly on the market, but they’ve already lost top spot in US to Apple Music. 

IdiotGuru

This is beyond frustrating and a slap in the face of Spotify's own "music discovery" platform. If it's not resolved soon, I will be leaving for another service.

Valdameer

5 years since this was originally posted. and only one pathetic update to the community from spotify thats nearing on 2 years old itself, I'm out.

davemann
Just leave now, they don't care.
hoving

Hey Spotify, your reply above has to be a joke. The OP had a point in 2014(!) And didn't get a reply until your non-"update" in 2017. It's mid 2019 now and then thousands (only counting customers in this thread 🙄) of your paying customers are still not having the heralded "unlimited" experience.

It's ridiculous.

So is your percentage argument which doesn't make any sense. The experience wouldn't get worse for anyone (besides maybe your coders 🤖) if the limit was raised. Please be so kind and follow through on your marketing promises!

Best wishes from Stuttgart 🙋🏻‍♂️

Thomas (Hoving on Spotify)

@hovingr 

https://twitter.com/hovingr/status/1162379777292062720?s=19

IdiotGuru

I'm starting to think that "favoriting" music actually creates a residual fee that Spotify pays out to labels. Because why would this limit "provide a great experience for everyone  rather than just a few"? They're being cheap.