Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[All Platforms][Your Library] Increase maximum Songs allowed in Your Music

I feel like the maximum amount of songs allowed in one playlist, and subsequently in "Songs" playlist under the new "Collections" feature, should be more than 10,000.

Quite frankly it should be unlimited. 

We are paying for a service but limited on how many songs we are able to save? That is absurd to me.

I recently started saving all of my albums into "Collections" and got stuck at about 1/4 of the way through - 10,000 songs has been reached and I am no longer able to save any more albums.

PLEASE INCREASE MAX NUMBER OF SONGS IN COLLECTION FEATURE!!!

WHAT IS A COLLECTION IF YOU HAVE TO LIMIT YOUR TASTE???

Updated on 2020-05-26

Hey,

Thanks for coming to the Idea Exchange.

We're excited to be marking this idea as implemented!
We've now removed the limit on saved items in Your Library, making it possible to save songs, and albums on Spotify to your heart's content.

As the app has changed quite a bit since this idea was submitted, please be aware that some functionality is now different. This change does not impact the limit on the number of songs in a playlist other than your Liked Songs.

For more info, check out this blog post.

Comments
lkgnyc

Yeah, I think I will NOT thank Spotify on social media, just in case they think it needs to go back as it was! 😄

rrudolphjr

@Audioplayer Sure. That would be even better.

Contz

I got a question.

is this working just for saved songs or is it working for the albums too?

badmotorfinger7

I saw the recent messages and just tested this (I run Spotify on an HP laptop and a Samsung phone). Sadly, I'm still getting the "epic collection, friend..." message when I 'like' too many songs.  I restarted Spotify as well to make sure, but no difference. The issue is not fixed...disappointing, but not all that surprising.

DEG_fan

This is one of the greatest threads in existence.

I don't know how long ago I commented on this thread, but I've been getting emails about new posts on this thread EVERY SINGLE DAY  for several MONTHS.

Clearly there are plenty of people (premium users) who would appreciate the maximum limit of songs to be increased.

But, there has been no update/response from Spotify for years apparently.

rednblu

But ...

I have not found an installation or version of the Spotify player in which the 117,034 tracks make it to the cloud after an exit (such as by Alt-F, x) and restart of the Spotify player.

Only 9,934 tracks make it to the cloud to be restored when I restart the Spotify player.

However, on some installations and versions I don't get the insulting message.

Neverbroken1025

@DEG_fan I totally agree, this thread is the greatest thing I’ve ever experienced on the internet. So many like-minded music lovers trying to push Spotify to provide for the 1,000,000++ premium users who would like to get their money’s worth. It’s unfortunate that Spotify hasn’t acknowledged us no matter how much we tweet at them, but I’m sure (as this thread has proven) we’ll get the answer to our frustrations even if it means another month, year, or many years. Sadly though, simple things like this, in the digital age, shouldn’t be that hard to implement. The fact is, Spotify continues to ignore us (even if a rogue developer decided to be sneaky and pull a fast one without the other devs (or corporate) knowing)

PaulMac

Spotify IF EVER there was a good time to provide some customer support THIS IS IT

1969kafer

I have been able to add 14834 songs to 'Liked Songs' using the latest version on Win10 PC without getting the Epic collection message.
I'm not having the best luck on Android though. It's showing all the songs I added on the PC, but both the latest version and an older version (with Shuffleplay) popup with the epic collection message if I try to like any more songs

1969kafer

I will continue using the Playlist Folder method for now.

Not being able to save extra songs or albums from my phone is a problem