Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[All Platforms][Your Library] Increase maximum Songs allowed in Your Music

I feel like the maximum amount of songs allowed in one playlist, and subsequently in "Songs" playlist under the new "Collections" feature, should be more than 10,000.

Quite frankly it should be unlimited. 

We are paying for a service but limited on how many songs we are able to save? That is absurd to me.

I recently started saving all of my albums into "Collections" and got stuck at about 1/4 of the way through - 10,000 songs has been reached and I am no longer able to save any more albums.

PLEASE INCREASE MAX NUMBER OF SONGS IN COLLECTION FEATURE!!!

WHAT IS A COLLECTION IF YOU HAVE TO LIMIT YOUR TASTE???

Updated on 2020-05-26

Hey,

Thanks for coming to the Idea Exchange.

We're excited to be marking this idea as implemented!
We've now removed the limit on saved items in Your Library, making it possible to save songs, and albums on Spotify to your heart's content.

As the app has changed quite a bit since this idea was submitted, please be aware that some functionality is now different. This change does not impact the limit on the number of songs in a playlist other than your Liked Songs.

For more info, check out this blog post.

Comments
larditi

Come on Spotify. It took you ages to raise the 3K download limit to 10K.

Do not let us wait again to remove the 10K limit on Your library... I'm with a competitor waiting for this. You won't get my money until you change this limit.

asavagecomposer

It doesn't really matter if <1% actually reached that point, people might have had to delete stuff that reached that cap, or have restricted what they're saving in order to prevent reaching that. If you want to stay competitive, this limit needs to go away before something else hits it big. 1,000 people telling you it's important to them should have been enough, not nearly 9,000 with still no action.

asavagecomposer

Larditi, which competitor are you using? Might want to switch until Spotify gets**bleep** together.

larditi

@asavagecomposer wrote:

Larditi, which competitor are you using? Might want to switch until Spotify gets**bleep** together.

Currently with Google Play Music (note that Youtube music is **bleep**).

fiskie

I'll also look into changing to a different music streaming app if they don't remove this ridiculous cap soon. They promote adding music to your library, but when you do so they tell you to stop adding stuff.. Having to remove albums or songs from your library is NOT an OK experience, it's a frustrating, annoying and very, very bad experience. Spotify needs to start appreciating their paying customers!

Then give us 1% of people an unlimited account for free, because you soo love us as advocates of your service. Anyways its just 1% of your income so its negligible. As us is neglibibe, right?

Teinai

I've just hit my limit after about a year of premium and enthusing to all how great Spotify is at bringing me new music. Very disappointing, and does make me consider withdrawing my subscription. 

Poor technology, Spotify.

Instead of 10,000 

Make it 100,000

people will start thread if you change it 20k or 50k

100k is not easy to hit...if someone reaches it is most likely they did it on purpose by dumping the entire discography of many artist that they don't even know.

search for "4000 artists " on searchbar of spotify...you'll find my playlist (i'm about to hit 5000 artists) this is created for just to discover more artists from different countries

if someone asks me what music i like ? i will only share this link....don't wanted to show myself as an obsessed fan.

i read few users comments..i am just like them...i do not like creating 10 to 30 different playlists...wanted to keep all my favorite tracks in one single playlist as i keep it for personal music pleasure.

Why is it so hard to understand ?

alien236

I've noticed that the number of votes for this idea goes up every day. Any idea how many votes it needs before Spotify will realize there's no reason not to do this?

Also, I wanted to like/Kudos/whatever some of these other replies but don't seem to have that option. Sorry.

Anamon

Yes, giving kudos, thread paging and replying have been broken ever since the redesign of the community. I guess that they haven't fixed the bugs in their forums for what I think is almost two years now, is a good indication on how fast they work.

Last time we got a reaction from Spotify on this issue was a year ago, I think around that time we hit 5,000 votes. Maybe, if we're lucky, we get another carbon copy of the same reply once we hit 10,000.

I do believe that Spotify have their reasons for not increasing the limit. Their reluctance to at least let us know what those reasons are, is almost as frustrating as the limit itself.