[Android] Android Widget

Having a home screen widget for Android would be really nice. All other media players have one on Android so it'd be great to see that in Spotify too. It'd make things so much easier to just be able control to Spotify from your home screen instead of swiping down for the notification bar or opening the app. It's really simple functionality so please can you add it.

Updated on 2019-09-09

Hey folks, 

Thanks for sharing your thoughts on this idea in the Community.

We’re excited to let you know the Android Widget is back. To get listening, make sure you’re on the latest version of the app and Spotify will show in the widget menu on your device. The widget is now resizable too and some stability issues have been fixed. 

2019-09-09.jpg

We appreciate your passion for this feature and want to thank you all for your feedback!

Related Ideas

Comments
dj9281
Music Fan

On my Samsung S9 phone, all widgets for spotify suddenly disappeared and cannot be found or added. Has anyone else had this problem? 

OnlyBLACK_ALPHA

do have the same problem on my glalaxy a5 2016

riodeep

I believe I may just stopy service now due to the cancellation of the widget. Now I have to unlock my phone and pull down menu or open the app which is just as task intense. When someone is running or working out these gestures are hard to do and when another service provider has this why would I not want to change services.

Hello @dj9281 and @OnlyBLACK_ALPHA,

Thanks for getting in touch.

We've retired the Android widget. You can still control Spotify from the Notifications. More info about this change here.

Let us know if you have further questions.

Have a nice day.

RobertJCW
Casual Listener

@Guido Are you blind to see all the users' complaint? Give the WIDGET BACK!!!

No_widgetImgone
Visitor

Plan

Free/Premium

Country

Device

(iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016)

Operating System

(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)

My Question or Issue

No widget all of a sudden?  wth?!?!?!?!!!?!!!!!!???

Status changed to: New Idea

Updated on 2019-08-13

Hello and thanks for bringing your feedback to the Idea Exchange. We've marked this as a new idea.

Spotify Staff will look into this idea once it reaches the necessary amount of votes. More information about how the Spotify Idea Exchange works can be found: here

Corrixor

Removing the widget, silliest idea ever.  

Jrtho91
Visitor

A new idea?

Slash undoing a bad idea: removing it in the first place...

metzlernick
Visitor

This was one of the absolute best parts!! I use it literally daily and am so sad its gone