Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Android] Rearrange Tracks inside a Playlist

On my iPod I can manually move my songs around that are in my playlist, but I can't do the same on my phone which is what I mostly use. It would be easier to have that option on all devices.

Updated on 2018-07-11

Hey!

The Spotify Community team here.

We're pleased to confirm that this feature should now be available to all Android users.
We'd recommend double-checking that you're running the latest version of Spotify.

Once again, thanks for showing your support here in the Community.
/M
Comments
aramando

This is really weird, but I don't see the new option either, despite using the latest beta (and in English). 😞

grbsoft

@ReorderMySongs Well, I've changed Android to United States English and still can't get the new option.
What version are you using? Latest from yesterday? Did you completely uninstall previous version?

Anyone?

Joemommaspotify

Several people having issues, not sure why? 

Use this link to download the APK file and install on your phone. 

https://is.gd/zmjDM

The APK is dated June 19, 2018 version 8.4.59.760  and it is for arm-v7a, Android 4.1 and above

No, I did not do a reinstall. The APK is a beta so it should be a higher version number than from Google Play Store and install over what you currently have on your phone.

Install, open up Spotify.

Go to one of YOUR Play Lists (it will say By "your name") so you know it is a play list you created. You cannot edit a Spotify curated play list or a play list made by someone else that is not yours.

When in your play list you will see the three dots in the upper right hand corner, overflow menu.

Edit Play List is an option 

That's it!  I have a stock Note 8 running Oreo, yet the model and OS should not matter. The beta is for Android 4.1 or above. Not too many people would have less than this OS.

There is a new beta out today, June 20, 2018. 8.4.59.760, arm-v7a Android 4.1+

Spofify releases a new beta almost daily.  I have not tried today's beta and not sure I want to, just in case yesterday's release was a mistake or something and they take away the editing feature. Doubtful, but after 5 years of waiting, not taking any chances!  Give the above a go. Other than this, if you don't see the option, I am not sure what to tell you except that at some point the official version will be released in the Google Play Store. 

Blakeyg
Tried the APK you linked and the later one from 20th June but no Edit
Playlist option appeared for me in the menu under my own playlists.

Not that it should make any diff but I'm on Samsung S7 with Android 8.0.0.
fwolff

Same here. S7 on 7.0.0. No edit option. Tried changing phone language to English, for no avail.

Well, at least we know it will come in an official update soon.

Joemommaspotify

Don't get it. Same download APK. Some it works for and others not. Does not make sense at all.

HappyDaysinHell
I'm on a s8 running android 8 in the UK. Could it be a location thing?

I'm from the UK and its working fine for me. 

I'm using Sony Xa2. Running android 8.

felgamous

v8.4.59.760 galaxy s8 no "edit playlist" option there 😕

Blakeyg
@user-removed - by "working fine" do you mean you can see an Edit Playlist
option? If so, what beta version is this? Thanks.