Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Bring Back Sorting in Search Results

This is bad, guys!  

Once was the day (last week) you could sort all of your search results by artist, album, length OR popularity simply by clicking on the name of that column in the full search results view.  

It's even mentioned in a "Solution" from last week.

Now, the column headings are unresponsive and there is now way to group the results of your search, like when you want to see different versions of the same song by one artist:

New Search Results

There seems to be some problems w/ the search function in other aspects of the redesign so perhaps a fix is in the works?

Spotify's greatest strength is the diversity of music accessible but people enjoy it in different ways, not just by popularity.

Please bring back sorting in search results!  This is big hole!

2015-08-29

Hey folks, we're happy to announce this feature is rolling out to customers now. You will have sortable columns in search on Desktop coming your way. Thanks for your feedback everyone. 

Comments
Dexmac

Just about to post the same message.

rooglemacdoogle

Come on guys, each update is REMOVING functionality. Please fix this ASAP. 

JarmanBen

Frankly, the new spotify, for want of a better word, sucks! Having used spotify since 2008 I'm hugely disappoined in what appears to be an overall regression in the functionality of spotify's software! The FORCED updates are also annoying...

Clarkey

I'm actually in conversations with Spotify via email to try to get this feature put back. A month ago I gave them a deadline of mid-October to put this functionality back, else I'm leaving and taking as many people as I can with me. Who's with me on this? It took them almost a month to respond but they got there eventually. I will post back here as and when I get a response to say they're putting it back, or when I leave.

Their last response basically said they're ignoring us, but in my last response (which I haven't had a reply to) I compared them removing music sorting to if my company (which is in talent management solutions, or job sites) removed sorting by location, country etc. from one of our products - and stated, quite bluntly, that we'd have a riot on our hands if we did such a thing.

Quite frankly, I am very disappointed that we have gone from such a usable product when I joined to this crap. In my opinion the product is worth half what it was when I joined. I wouldn't mind the forced updates if they actually added value to the product - but they're doing the exact opposite.

brudy

What century is it when you can't sort search results? WTF, why are you taking away functionality?

deschutez

I have found that I have stopped using Spotify for creating new playlists and such since the sort features were removed.  My existing playlists are getting old, and I will likely cancel my premium membership soon.  PLEASE Spotify, bring the heading sort back.  This is not a little deal.

CitizenKane

Why on earth would you take this feature away?? I don't get, are you afraid Spotify would be too easy to use?? I love Spotify but taking this away just makes you seem like Microsoft.. Next thing you'll be introducing ribbons...

andreayoung

Just adding my voice to the masses - BRING BACK SORTING!  Especially by popularity!  I continue to work to find ways to incorporate Spotify into my life as a radio dj, record label and music junkie, along with working to find ways to recommend Spotify to my friends and clients.  Not being able to sort means I have to go back to iTunes to find the songs I'm looking for!  At this point, Spotify is just 'face candy', it doesn't give me what is required for me to use it instead of iTunes or other music software, and therefore it's tough to want to pay the monthly fees or tell friends it's worth it.

lightener

The fact you preface your searches with "spotify:search:" and then sort the results is proof that the code is still there and the UI is capable of displaying it. I'm guessing their reasoning is that the results will display the most popular song, or one they are getting kickbacks for railroading to the top of the list. Either way it's almost certain to be because it puts more money in their pockets. Give me a break, I'm about to cancel my premium membership.

MandaGee

Spotify's response:

"Status: Not right now

2014-05-22 Thanks for your kudos everyone--we appreciate your feedback and comments around the search function. However at the moment we need to mark this as "Not Right Now"."

Such bull**bleep**.