Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Bring Back Sorting in Search Results

This is bad, guys!  

Once was the day (last week) you could sort all of your search results by artist, album, length OR popularity simply by clicking on the name of that column in the full search results view.  

It's even mentioned in a "Solution" from last week.

Now, the column headings are unresponsive and there is now way to group the results of your search, like when you want to see different versions of the same song by one artist:

New Search Results

There seems to be some problems w/ the search function in other aspects of the redesign so perhaps a fix is in the works?

Spotify's greatest strength is the diversity of music accessible but people enjoy it in different ways, not just by popularity.

Please bring back sorting in search results!  This is big hole!

2015-08-29

Hey folks, we're happy to announce this feature is rolling out to customers now. You will have sortable columns in search on Desktop coming your way. Thanks for your feedback everyone. 

Comments
wallaceprime

Hi Dexmac.  I hadn't tried closing and restarting - I get the same symptoms as you: works okay after clean install; search disappears after closing/restarting. 😞

Oops guys, guess you overlooked this function this in your new design. It's obvisious this is neccesary. Bring it back please.

passingbat

It seems to come and go. Last night I switched on my bedroom PC and the search sort was there. This wasn't a fresh install. I then closed Spotify and restarted and it was gone.

This morning I switched on the Lounge PC and started Spotify and the search sort wasn't working. Also, sometimes, the Popularity column seems to be missing.

Very strange.

proto4mx

I'll give it a month.  If the features don't come back, time to say goodbye to Spotify.  This is a deal breaker.

Using the latest version of Spotify for Mac.  

kake2k

HAha WOW I thought my computer was !@#$ed up but I guess spotify is just trying even harder to make sure I don't stick with their service. lol, this is so sad.

VCLee

This has actually really, really annoyed me.........on what planet would anybody think removing this most basic of functions was a good idea? I subscribe to Spotify because I'm primarily a music fan and consumer already, I've worked around your facebook links, your constant 'recommendations' and instantly delete your e-mails but this will be a game changer. Please return the search facility or at least allow us to go back to the previous app settings, these changes have rendered Spotify practically null and void for usefulness and more importantly, enjoyment!

There are clearly many of us (mostly Premium users I'd guess) who are feeling the same, some prompt action would be welcomed!

trexx68

I was a Rhapsody user for YEARS before Spotify came along.  My biggest gripe with Rhapsody was always the same:  there was no way of sorting search results!   Worse yet, the results were capped at 200 search items in who-knows-what order!   

I repeatedly posted comments, wrote them, and even gave them feedback on their beta releases (straight to their developers) about the importance and need to be able to sort and drill-down on search results.   Did they listen or do anything about it?  Nope.   What good is having 6 million tracks if you can't find or discover similar tracks that "I" like?    Tired of getting nowhere, i started looking elsewhere...  That's around the time that Spotify first came around.  And the combination of speed and ability to sort and filter results was SO welcome, I ditched Rhapsody and never looked back.      When i left Rhapsody, I even told them the exact reasons why I switched.    They tried to get me back serveral times over the next 2-3 years or so, and i never even bothered. Why go back when Spotify gave me what I loved so much about music?   

This latest relase, with no ability to sort search results suddenly brought back all those "your opinion doesn't count" thoughts that Rhapsody gave me back then... and as i read the comments posted here, I worry that Spotify is losing their care for user experience that won me over in the first place.      This latest release is so different on the desktop, i can't make sense of anything anymore... the ratings are either missing or so dim they are almost impossible to see.   Sorting is (AFAIK) only working from within my own playlists.  What is that plus sign where the "star" used to be, anyways?     How about some sort of "what's new with this release" every time there is an update?   

Common, Spotify... you're turning evil on the very people who put you on top..

Dexmac

I tweeted Spotify about the issue and the existence of this thread and got a hopeful response:

'Thanks for sending this over. We'll pass this feedback on and post an update on that thread when possible'.

Brian

This must be a bug? Of all the stupid things Spotify have done lately ("fixing everything which was not broking") this is just plain insanity.

Joe

I'm hoping this was a mistake and will be fiixed soon. Meanwhile you can use spotify:search:<searchterm> if you know you'll want to be able to sort the results.