Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Clear play queue

I have to restart my spotify when I accendently start a song from a search instead of adding it to the queue (happens often to me), would be lovely if there would be a clear button for all the songs added to the queue by spotify it self.

Updated: 2020-12-17

We're happy to announce that we have implemented the Clear queue feature on our mobile app as well.

Just open the queue and you should see the Clear all button at the top

EoqO9Q7WEAIppqJ.jpg

Updated: 2017-01-16

Hey folks, you can now find a 'CLEAR' button on the Play Queue in your Spotify Desktop app. 

If using Spotify on your mobile device you can check the songs in 'Up Next' and then select 'REMOVE'.  

Thanks for your feedback everyone!

Screen Shot 2017-01-16 at 10.47.58 AM.png

Comments
mswelch

The process Richard listed doesn't work for me, either. I couldn't even clear the queue by closing the app. Had to log out of my account on the app and then back in... Seems buggy.

(ios 9) 

elrondo

I'm on Spotify ios9.1, version 4.2.0.1025 and the queue will not clear without manually editing it. This has been happening for days now. The minute something is queued it stays there until manually deleted. Changing context will not clear it. 

All I'd really like is a "clear all" button.

vanstatic

SPOTIFY TEAM

Please create a new button that will help us to clear the QUEUE playlist.

please!!!

brkeh

I hope the complexity of implementing ideas is taken into account aswel as number of kudos. Would this take long to implement?

stepallas

Three years later, since the 1st post of the Spotify Team mentiong they'll look after it once they have a perfect product, nothing has changed.

I suppose they are still working on making a perfect product...

Kandy73

When I choose a different play list, it does not erase the old queue and this is now very annoying.

paganhobbit1
Good grief, how is not having a good at to clear the queue a good design decision? I was listening tonight and Spotify kept going back to songs I added to the queue and I was trying to figure out how to get rid of them. I felt certain I just had to be missing something obvious. Then I try searching for it on the Internet and find this. Unbelievable. Also,very unsafe. It would be very distracting to try and have to remove each song from from the queue individually while I'm driving. This really needs to be addressed in a better manner.
Marisuguieda
I don't know if this is still a problem (I at least haven't been able to find a function to just clear the queue) but I usually go to my queue and if you click the last song it clears the queue.
olivierdupret

Hello,

I confirm what Marisuguieda said.

Go to the queue, then click the last song of it, and it will clear the queue. You may need to repeat the handling several times until everything is cleared.

Hope it helps.

Kandy73
Thanks all.