Need help? Check out Spotify Answers for solutions to a wide range of topics.
I understood that Spotify is not yet available for streaming on the Dutch Caribbean islands Aruba, Bonaire and Curacao (and possibly neither on Saba, Statia and Sint Martin).
Edit: and South-American located Surinam.
Edit 2: Plus Trinidad & Tobago and Barbados.
Edit 3: Plus Jamaica.
Many local music artists would like their music to be streamed by the local audience and of course internationally. It would be great if Spotify could be available in this area too.
Benefits include that it will help the musicians make their music better available for people to find nationally and internationally, and that it may also help them acquire some royalty income.
For the locals on the islands it means that they can listen to music releases legally, instead of resorting to illegal piracy.
And for Spotify it may mean more (premium) subscribers.
Downsides? NONE 🙂
Updated on 2021-02-27
We're excited to share with you that Spotify is going live in multiple markets, including Barbados, Curacao, Jamaica and Trinidad and Tobago 🌎
Full list of countries and some more information can be found here.
Please make it available in Jamaica. I currently have to use deezer and I will switch in a heartbeat once Spotify comes to Jamaica.
Plus Belize, Guyana and all of the Antilles pls 😉
Yes please, would love if I could use Spotify in Grand Cayman too!
Yep, Spotify please make the app available in Trinidad and Tobago, please. There are profits to be made, artists can have their music listened to in the Caribbean, and there are overall benefits with no downsides
Making Spotify available in the Caribbean would be quite beneficial. Relating to the countries of Trinidad and Tobago, Barbados, Dutch Antilles, Jamaica, St Lucia, Grenada, St Kitts and Nevis, French Antilles, Antigua and Barbuda, Dominica, Saint Vincent and the Grenadines, UK Territories and any other islands I have missed out, entirely the Caribbean.
What are the benefits here?
1. Spotify gets a lot more users, which equals more premium users, which equals more profits.
2. Artists will be able to have their music be played regionally and getting more exposure and expanding into the international markets, even garnering royalties.
3. Users will be able to listen to music artists in their own countries and will not have to resort to illegal piracy to listen to music.
4. Plus there is so much different genres of music that were created and come out of the Caribbean all year round, due to it, being a hub of multiculturalism.
5. Thousands of people listen to Caribbean music around the world, and by doing this more artists can release more music and even more users will hop onto Spotify
Downsides, none 😉
Thank you, guys from the Caribbean let's get this idea rolling and any other ideas relating to availability in the Caribbean, upvote it and get Spotify here.