Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Country][Subscription] Add Premium Family for South Africa

Welcome to South Africa, Spotify 🙂 

Your amazing family plan, would be a great + welcome addition here. Being able to easily, and cheaply, sign up my family under 1 account would make billing a breeze.

And shame, my technologically challenged mom and dad (who type in 'google', into their Chrome URL bar so they can search for google, and then google something) wouldn't know where to start in setting up billing and all that... Being able to manage this for them via my account, would be amazing.

Thanks kindly - for your attention to the above, and for coming to SA.

Updated on 2020-05-12

Hey,

Thanks for coming to the Idea Exchange!
Listening together as a family is about to get even better - Spotify Premium Family is now available in South Africa.

Getting started is easy - just visit spotify.com/family, follow the steps to create your Premium Family account, and invite family members you live with.

Comments
mattslav

Can't move to spotify until famliy plan available - otherwise simply unaffordable

ronald911

Yes please, this will be perfect. Currently paying R60 x 4. 

Rwe1

Hi Spotify!

Welcome to South Africa. I'm enjoying your service very much. When will the Family option be available?

WMaree

Yes please Premium Family for South Africa!!!!

clintonwes

Lack of a family plan in South Africa is the only thing stopping me from switching from my current service. Please can we have this? 

Leandie

I second this idea!! It would be great if I could simply add my husband to my account

guk4twa5-_b55

When will Spotify launch the family plan for South Africa?

cdhechter

Please Spotify! Just cancelled my Family Apple Music subscription for R89.99 as I heard great things about Spotify! Tried it now and love it, however my wife is going to kill me for not having an account for her and or the kids. 

Please please, how difficult is it to add a family plan if its like that in all other countries. Your Developers would probably kill me on this, but isn’t it a copy paste of code to enable Family subscription if on all other locations you have it?

Please please guys. Can someone please get back to us with if this will be done or not/not in the pipeline?

Kind regards and please can this be taken to management instead of a general non-senior staff member’s “Not currently being considered” type of answer.

Thanks guys!

SkyhawkZA

I've been with Spotify since its inception here in South Africa. Very disappointed that there is no family plan yet and no plans for it. Either you guys need to up your game  really quickly or I'm going to have to cancel my subscription and sign up with Google, they have a family plane for 6 members for R80.00 a month.
I love Spotify but the family plan has become a deal breaker.

Potg

When can we expect a time line?