Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Desktop] Add Gesture Support for Mac App

Please add gesture support for the Mac app, right now you can't use Magic Mouse or Trackpad to swipe right to go back.

Thanks.

Updated on 2019-02-05

Hey folks, 

Thanks for putting your votes to this idea. We just wanted to give you a heads up that side scrolling should now work with your trackpads on Mac and using a Magic Mouse.

Thanks again and be sure to add your votes to other ideas!

Comments
everetth

This would be amazing. I have been using Spotify on a Mac for some time, and despite my daily use, I still forget and try this EVERY DAY. I think it comes down to the UI is a very drill in, drill out navigation full of next and back linear navigation. It reminds me so much of a browser experience that I forget I am not in a browser. 

Please don't make me move my cursor to the top of the screen every time. 

Olivio

Found this while searching for this....
For you DIY'ers out there; I implemented this within 5 minutes for both builtin trackpad and magic mouse - Using BetterTouchTool. 

One of the BEST tools out there....  Will also enhance your windows 'snapping' experience, and has done so since Windows 7. Yeah, I said it - Mac OS has been ridiculously limited when it comes to proper window-snapping/multi-screen-management.

Anyway, enjoy....  If needed, I can provide support - but it's not hard to do - at all...  

Alexgvb

this is still not working, at least not for me. I don't know does this have the implemented status.

Stumpington

This feature is not implemented. M1 Mac using the app, two finger swipe to go back does NOT work. It works fine on Chrome though. Big oversight.

andySptf

This feature is not implemented.

Spotify for macOS (Intel)
1.1.76.447.g11f432d8

bbates123

Again, why does this show as implemented?  It's not working on Spotify for macOS (Apple Silicon).  Does this idea need to be re-submitted?