Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Desktop] Bring back Lyrics

Allow me to re-edit again, in premise, that thanks to all of you this idea keeps receiving votes, and I am grateful to each of you, and when I expressed this desire as an idea I was a newbie, I owe to the professionality of Marco and Toku, whom I thank again, that I became aware that this idea it’s by no means new, nor even mine but Spotify’s, yet it is properly expressed, and it is shared by enough Community members for it to be still alive, and I agree with Arcanscape that, "We really need the lyrics feature", and I just notice an excellent temporary alternative of “SpotifyLyrics” kindly programmed and provided by Mirth (fr31): https://github.com/fr31/spotifylyrics/releases (via scoobyTdog), it works very well on my Pc 🙂 and I invite you all to try it.

Whilst singing might be fun, I have another approach to lyrics and sound, which is of course not mutually exclusive, and I read the words to see if I like them as I enjoy the melody, if I see myself in the lyrics, if I share the values expressed, and this is easier by having the words at hand.

So please Spotify bring back the Lyrics Feature most elegantly -- as you did with restyling the Community -- when you find a better Lyrics Provider.

Reading and listening might be even better than karaoke, although not as fun 😉

and every member could always do both, even just singing, as a very close person in my family does, and many other people do.

Thank you for evaluating, with my warmest and most sincere Regards.

Marco, a poet at heart

Updated on 2021-11-18

Hey folks,

Thanks for your feedback on the Lyrics feature. We’ve heard you and we’re happy to announce Lyrics are here!

You can find Lyrics on Free and Premium for users across iOS and Android devices, desktop, gaming consoles, and TV.

To learn more about the roll out and how to access lyrics, view this announcement.

Cheers!

Comments
jsinsheimer

PLEASE bring it back - very frustrating to not have access especially with albums 

FunkySneaker

"Hey! Lyrics is currently unavailable as we're making some big improvements to the feature. We'll share more updates soon"

Yeah, that's over a year ago now 🙂

#define Soon

johnknot12

Would really like to understand the reason why the lyrics feature wa removed. i would not minfd paying a little extra if that is what it takes to get the lyrics back

orngchkn

Is there any update on this? The Genius integration is, ahem, subpar without the ability to, you know, show the lyrics instead of the backstory (which, frankly, I rarely care about and only serves to frustrate me that the lyrics feature has been neutered)

MrDaveKenny10

The current system with lyrics and back story to the lyrics is great! As a person who really really enjoys understanding why the lyrics were written I appreciate both sides of the currents Spotify system. But sometimes I hear a song that I may mis-hear the lyrics and want to know what they are but thats when it breaks into the background of the lyrics, not the lyrics themselves! Take Maclemores "Glorious" as example! A new song that I havn't learned the lyrics to yet but want to, yet on spotify, my exclusive music source, they break into behind the lyrics exacltly where I mis-hear the lyrics and want to know what they actually are! I would like both lyrics and the story behind them! To be able to toggle betweenboth would be perfect so I can see the lyrics that I need to and the story behind them when I don't need to! I love spotify and dont want to out source my lyrical needs to some other website! 

musicdanger

+1 to this idea - i hate the "news/background" to the lyrics in the current feature.  I just want the god darn lyrics.

cinelcio

Just adding mor argument for this idea: I reached this ideia when I was googling for a lyric I was listening for the 2nd time today (just lost count how many times I did this this month) and I noticed that recently the first result is a Google Play Music page. 

I was wondering if Spotify (the service I pay for) has this feature and here I am.

As a PO on a scrum team I know the value of information and metrics, that's why I'm just leaving this comment here hoping for the best in your next few sprints 😉

Please, consider it as an option. 

Best regards!

hajop

I fully agree with song lyrics back on PC version . Hounddog only on mobile and not for W10 pc. please bring texts back. At least for Premium listeners like me.

I don't see why would I support spotify financially when they refuse to give this feature back to their users. 

hajop
Hi, well Spotify is spot-on with so much music and is still expending even roaring '40 from the previous era so I am happy to support them.
Do also not forget the higher quality of broadcast when you are premium member