Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Desktop] Do not limit queue visibility to 50 for manual additions

The new desktop experience should behave how the queue previously worked.

When you manually add tracks, they should not disappear once the queue length reaches 50. All manually added tracks should display.

My use case is: In the morning, I queue up a bunch of albums for the entire day so I can concentrate on work and not have to bother choosing tracks throughout the day. With a visible limit of 50 this becomes very difficult and frustrating. The limit is arbitrary as playlists can still display the full number of tracks.

I don't want to have to create a playlist for this as I have still have a playlist running in case the queue runs out.

I can't help feeling this is an oversight and it shouldn't be hard to resolve.

50 tracks.png

Updated on 2021-11-03

Hey folks,

Thanks for letting us know this is something you wanted to see. We're marking this as implemented.

As some of you have already mentioned, the Play Queue now shows more than 50 tracks.

Please continue to leave your feedback around the app and we'll keep sharing it with our internal teams. Thanks!

Comments
Jacob
Status changed to: Good Suggestion

Updated on 2021-05-20

Your suggestion has at least 50 votes in 3 months! Keep gathering votes. If this idea gets enough votes, Spotify will check it out and post a status update. You can read more about the idea process here.

Piotrek

This is ridiculous that they remove many functions at once in 1 update and users have to beg and pray for enough votes for them to restore basic functions to this app.

Limina

This makes me want to stop using the app. The queue loses its purpose. 

molo135

How on earth would you come up with an idea like this?
And how on earth would anyone listen to an idea that stupid?
Is there any explanation on why limiting the queue to 50 songs could be useful to anyone?
Guess what - it's not.

auriculectomy

This is one of the most baffling changes in the new UI.

I'm guessing this was based on some usability discussions or whatever, but this change is not an improvement for the application.
Please remove arbitrary limitations the play queue.

My workflow for the Spotify application is very much based on a long and curated play queue.

gilzow

If it helps anyone, I downgraded the spotify app back to the december release, did the preference trick to switch the UI back to the one that actually works, then created a macOS automator app that sets up all the pieces needed to prevent the app from auto-updating itself before starting Spotify. Now I launch my app instead of launching Spotify directly. 2 weeks so far and I'm still able to use a working queue. 

If you're interested in how to do it, respond and I'll post the keywords to use in a google search to get to the right links. 

martinbarker

Yes please this is a great suggestion. Mobile app view will still show past 50 songs perfectly fine,

but one day that one day that feature was removed from desktop and web clients.

I don't know why it was removed since I was still paying for premium at the time?

I would track my own queue using the spotify official api but those routes are also missing.

Being able to plan on listening to more then 50 songs would be cool.

ZRTE

If this isn't fixed soon, I'm leaving spotify. Even the basic music app pre-installed on most phones give you an unlimited queue from your own files. Why would anybody think that only showing 50 songs could ever be a good idea? I want to be able to see the entire queue so that I can manage it and change it. When I'm building a playlist I'll often queue up hundreds of songs to listen and see what fits the theme of the playlist I'm trying to make. It's super inconvenient to not be able to check back in the queue for songs that I've already added. This needs to be changed soon or I'm cancelling spotify and moving back to youtube for playlist building and buying individual songs. 

wojtek30100

I have 50+ long queue and add another song. Then I want to move it to the top of the queue to make it play next. IMPOSSIBLE 😕 Please fix it!

martinbarker

YouTube music has these features which is pretty cool, I've been trying out their free trial recently. I would love to fix this issue and stay with spotify tho