Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Desktop] Do not limit queue visibility to 50 for manual additions

The new desktop experience should behave how the queue previously worked.

When you manually add tracks, they should not disappear once the queue length reaches 50. All manually added tracks should display.

My use case is: In the morning, I queue up a bunch of albums for the entire day so I can concentrate on work and not have to bother choosing tracks throughout the day. With a visible limit of 50 this becomes very difficult and frustrating. The limit is arbitrary as playlists can still display the full number of tracks.

I don't want to have to create a playlist for this as I have still have a playlist running in case the queue runs out.

I can't help feeling this is an oversight and it shouldn't be hard to resolve.

50 tracks.png

Updated on 2021-11-03

Hey folks,

Thanks for letting us know this is something you wanted to see. We're marking this as implemented.

As some of you have already mentioned, the Play Queue now shows more than 50 tracks.

Please continue to leave your feedback around the app and we'll keep sharing it with our internal teams. Thanks!

Comments
Xenia
Status changed to: Implemented

Updated on 2021-11-03

Hey folks,

Thanks for letting us know this is something you wanted to see. We're marking this as implemented.

As some of you have already mentioned, the Play Queue now shows more than 50 tracks.

Please continue to leave your feedback around the app and we'll keep sharing it with our internal teams. Thanks!

Piotrek

"more than 50 tracks" - specifically 81 tracks. Hard to say it was implemented, you just raised limit by a bit. Why not restore old method when whole playlist was displayed in queue, even if it had 200 songs?!

Piotrek

To specify - I am thankful that you removed limit from songs manually added to queue. I tested this and was able to manually add over 700 songs to play queue. Unfortunately currently played playlist only adds 81 songs to queue.

So If I start playing 140 songs from playlist 1 and add 200 songs from playlist 2, I see 281 songs (200 from playlist 2 and 81 from playlist 1). I am not sure what is the reason.

If you remove limit from manually added songs, allow users to see whole playlist queue at once too. Not only 81 songs.

Limina

Please remove the limit completely. 81 is not much better than 50. What we want is to be able to se exactly what's been added so we can rearrange it freely. There's literally no reason not to go back to the way it was. 

taradavey1

Also commenting because 81 is BARELY improvement from 50 tracks?!

Adeynack

On the desktop, there is no limit anymore. Haven't bumped into that problem for a while now and assumed it was solved. Just enqueued 129 tracks and they all show in the queue. That 81 limit was apparently very temporary.

Piotrek

Not true. Go into your favorite songs. Play all. It displays only 81 from over 700 for me.

Piotrek

Limit is only removed when you manually select 700 songs and use "add to queue".

Adeynack

I confirme what you just wrote, Piotrek. I just never used that feature before. I always enqueue entire albums and from time to time individual tracks. That's where I observed that 50 limit before. There, it is fixed; but not when enqueuing liked songs. There it is still limited, as you described.

Betjeman

Problem's back again, now at 81 tracks. I manually added ~150 tracks and I can only see the first 81. Very confusing, I'm sure I've just added the same album twice but I have no way of seeing