Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Full screen artwork (for those late nite jams)

So.... it's Friday night, your friends are round, you've sorted your music for the night by queuing a shedload of music.... now we're on 'Play Queue' and I'm stuck looking at the interface - boring! It's time for some atmosphere - no need for fancy visualisers, just give me a 'full screen' option on the artwork for the current song!

Maybe we could even flip it over and read the back cover & credits too!!

Just like the old vinyl days.....

Updated on 2017-08-24

Hey @MandaGee this has now been implemented on our Desktop app. If you click on the full screen icon to the right side of the Play Bar, you'll get the artwork in full screen. Enjoy!

Screen Shot 2017-08-24 at 1.56.19 PM (2).png

Comments
WhiteKnightG37S

It would be nice to introduce a feature like this in a new update. I just don't see how something as significant as a full screen display would be left out of our flagship music service. 

boubrobe7

I would be super excited if this idea was implemented, and while I'm no software wizard, I feel like this idea wouldn't take much work or time to put into action.

Just the simple click of a button and the album artwork would fill most of the screen (and also maybe the song, artist, and album name listed in bigger font at the bottom) while still displaying the current playlist being played on the side.  I would really love to be able to see which song/artist/album is playing at the moment at a party from across the room on a laptop.

PLEASE IMPLEMENT, YOU WON'T REGRET IT!

blobrushing

I just commented on a similar thread, but figured an extra nudge couldn't hurt. Please make this happen Spotify! Would be an awesome addition to the desktop browser. I love playing spotify when I have people over on my TV and it would be great to have some sort of album artwork, trippy visualizer, etc. instead of a silent tv show.

joelbarbozza
Estou deixando o Spotify neste exato momento, justamente pela falta deste recurso. Queria que fosse parecido com a tela cheia do Groove Music. Quando o Spotify der um pouco mais de atenção ao Spotify Desktop e lançar este recurso eu retornarei. Enquanto isso vou curtir um pouco esse recurso no Groove que é muito bacana!
Ampalacio81
Yeah like old Winamp does
daydullcom

Just posted this idea and was referred to this so I gave it a kudos

However I see that back in 2012 a dev said they love the idea, but it was "not right now", then again in 2015, same thing.

Anyway.....4 years later, people are still asking for this weekly. Other apps/programs from much smaller teams already have it. Any new word from the developers? This would be a very nice feature...it is actually the reason I am currently using other apps/programs instead of spotify on my PC...

DK82

Yes - really needs this - really annoying that i can see all sports of content i dont want but cant see the mots obvious thing. i.e. what the **bleep** is playing - i dont want a tiny little window stuffed in the corner I want the main screen to show this, doesnt seem like too much to ask.

jlco

This would be nice. Or maybe add an equivalent to the "Now playing" from Windows Media Player? Spotify has the album art and skip/pause buttons in the corner, but you can't shrink the window enough to make use of them like you can with the "Now playing" window. You know, something that stays on top of other windows (unless you don't want it to) and is small enough not to get in your way.

If this is too much to ask, at least let the window be scaled down to smaller than 2/3 of the screen... Aero Snap can't handle it correctly because it won't shrink to half the screen. It's a little annoying.

Thanks for considering it, at least... Have a good day.

mph51891

Totally. In the past there was a visualizer (admittedly the concept needs to evolve -- look at what the vaporwave genre is doing!), but even larger / full screen artwork would be nice. Look at Netflix with their fireplace videos! 

Lots of great opportunities here. 

njo

If you have Android 4.4.4 have in my galaxy a3, and you switch to lock screen, the full screen artwork shows up. Not available on newer android versions, it sucks